Zune Theme Modified To True Royale Black Theme!

Antioch, I don't understand why you like zune's black but to each his own. I took a look at Fifthe1ement's theme but it seems the only thing done properly was the progressbar. The fixed shellstlye he claimed is actually Royale Noir's grey one and not an edited black Zune's one and the group selections color change was not a matching color as Zune's but way too dark.

Anyway, this is for you, a proper one. Enjoy! :)

Download Zune Remixed v1.0 (195kb): (Self-installing SFX)

File Lodge

Zune Remixed v1.00 Final

------------------------

by oddbasket

Description:

------------

Colour remixed version of Zune theme by Microsoft

Changelog:

----------

Version 1.0:

------------

-Added a .theme file for easy usage.

-Orange start button to Black with WMP11 blue highlight

-Caption buttons to WMP11 blue on highlight

-Close button static state to black

-Close button glyph depressed from orange to grey

-More programs arrow static and highlight to blue

-Program menu background changed to grey

-Program menu static text changed to white

-Program menu separator is changed to grey

-Program menu selection is now 2-toned greys on hover and on click

-Taskbar group selection is now matching 2-toned grey on hover and click

-Inactive caption text is now greyed for both normal and classic windows

-Shellstyle taskpanel taskbars from orange to black

Third-party:

------------

-Blue progress bar by Fifthe1ement

Nice one, thanks everyone. :yes:

Can I make the request to replace the start button flag with the vista one? I think that would look alot better.

Maybe ask kol for the flag from his VistaXP theme?

vistaxpflagxl8.png

Antioch, I don't understand why you like zune's black but to each his own. I took a look at Fifthe1ement's theme but it seems the only thing done properly was the progressbar. The fixed shellstlye he claimed is actually Royale Noir's grey one and not an edited black Zune's one and the group selections color change was not a matching color as Zune's but way too dark.

Anyway, this is for you, a proper one. Enjoy! :)

Download Zune Remixed v1.0 (195kb): (Self-installing SFX)

File Lodge

Yes, I recall that he did make the theme darker per some people's requests.

Would you be able to fix a few of the remaining orange elements?

The "halo" around buttons is still orange - the buttons I'm talking about are the OK, Cancel, and Accept button in the desktop properties (for example). Also, the taskbar window "ping" (such as when receiving a message from AIM or MSN) is still orange. If you could change these to blue I would be INCREDIBLY thankful. Ofcourse, I already am thankful for the help you've given me. I really appreciate ie.

Edited by Antioch

Yes, I recall that he did make the theme darker per some people's requests.

Would you be able to fix a few of the remaining orange elements?

The "halo" around buttons is still orange - the buttons I'm talking about are the OK, Cancel, and Accept button in the desktop properties (for example). Also, the taskbar window "ping" (such as when receiving a message from AIM or MSN) is still orange. If you could change these to blue I would be INCREDIBLY thankful. Ofcourse, I already am thankful for the help you've given me. I really appreciate ie.

Think of the orange halo for the controls as what makes the Zune theme unique, personally I think it's a nice touch, Royale and Royale Noir are already blue. Besides, the orange taskbar alert is part of Royale, a consistent part in both Royale and Royale Noir as well. So I'm not going change those. It's already a complete theme, don't be fussy! =P

Heh yea but I like blue - it's my favorite color. I guess I'll just do it myself.

Just wondering, but are those modifications difficult to make?

Thanks, and thanks for all your help thus far.

Not at all, all you need is reshack and a paint program. the bitmaps with orange tinges you want are:

balloonclose

button

combobutton

spinbutton*

tabitem*

taskbandflash*

checkbox*

radiobutton*

trackbar*

* means multiple files

I would like to add the Vista progress bar to the theme. I know you need reshacker which I have. Does anyone know the steps needed in order to chage this. I'm guessing the progress bar is the same in IE when you load a page or download a file.

I have a vista theme with the progress bar. Does anyone know the process to change them?

some great mods to this theme which got me off the vista theme addiction *phew* .. although to ease me off it slowly, I left a green vista shellstyle in it .. which looks kinda good for me

I realised the taskpanel part which I thought was white was actually a little orange, and Zune had the mistake of special and normal group headers being the same, so I redid the shellstyle for my Zune Remixed mod. Please redownload.

Download Zune Remixed v1.0 (194kb): (Self-installing SFX)

File Lodge

Changelog:

-------------

-Shellstyle normal and special group headers from orange to 2 shades of black

-Shellstyle normal and special group headers font from orange to grey

-Shellstyle normal and special group compress and expand from orange to grey

-Shellstyle normal and special group background from orange to white

Is there any way you could do a Vista Orb version?

How about a modified 'Log Off" and 'Turn Computer Off' screen to match the theme?

Also, it looks like the add remove programs applet has the old blocked progress indicator?

Nice work....

I can't figure out how to download from that link? Appreciate any help. Thanks

Click on the download link when it brings up the download page look in the box with the green border around it click on download file.

Came across something interesting at joejoe.org forums...

Source

Seems this guy elixer_arjay and the guys there are big fans of my Royale Noir Remixed and Royale Zune Remixed mods, taking all my work and putting into his mod. Funny, not one of them has ever thanked me though, including the author using my work... I think he's a lurker in my local forum just waiting for my every release, since I'm sure as hell he isn't a member there...

Not that I mind, but a heads up would have been nice...

PS: My latest release is always hidden in my sig, lol... I wonder how many people have tried clicking and found it.

Updated Royale Remixed to Final version (this is it!), completed transformation to a finished Royale Noir theme (no more Blue Royale remnants) and more bugfixes on the buggy Zune. :D

Yay, I don't have to work on this anymore! :woot: