Microsoft Zune Software Available Now!

423954_zune_15.png

You can do the same here. But be aware of the software requirements! You need Windows XP Home or Pro with SP2, Windows XP Tablet PC SP2, or Windows XP Media Center 2005 with Rollup Update 2 and Oct. 2006 Rollup Update!

Just forget it if you have Windows 2000 or anything else!

Enjoy, it?s free!

Download

source: cliczune

screenshots: http://gallery.emexci.info/index.php?categ...17_sectionid=19

Edit:

Available Officialy

http://www.zune.net/en-us/meetzune/software.htm

Edited by Fred Derf

No Vista support :(

I have to say that I don't like it. Microsoft should have simply released a plugin for wmp11 or something :no:

However, you never know. Maybe people will like this player specifically for their Zune...

Edited by Fred Derf

423954zune15aq7.th.png

You can do the same here. But be aware of the software requirements! You need Windows XP Home or Pro with SP2, Windows XP Tablet PC SP2, or Windows XP Media Center 2005 with Rollup Update 2 and Oct. 2006 Rollup Update!

Download Zune Software

Source: Cliczune.com

Additional Screens: Gallery

[Edit]Wow, I thought there would be more interest in this... [/Edit]

Edited by xxdesmus

Just as a quick note, perhaps it's just me being very unlucky, but I tried to install this on my home desktop (Win XP Pro SP2) with no luck ...it just hangs ... I let it run for nearly 3 hours.

Also an important note, this will not install and/or work on Vista yet. I think they are waiting until the 14th to fix that.

I did get it installed on my work laptop (also Win XP Pro SP2), but it took nearly 30 minutes which is a little ridiculous for a freakin music player. Once it installed it was quite nice, though I don't currently own a Zune so I was limited in my options.

Okay, I like the Zune software 100 times more than WMP11. This program seems more stable, solid, can also sync with the 360 and in my opinion, looks better than WMP11.

I might use this as the default media player. lol

compact mode: compactmodeiv2.pngcompactmode2pj1.png

zuneqb1.png

Edited by Destroyer of Nations

if your running vista then you wont need it anyway, considering you have wmp11

Yes, you will need it considering the Zune only syncs with the Zune software (not WMP11).

@Destroyer of Nations did you have any installation issues like I did? How long did the install take? By the way, I love the compact mode as well :yes:

:D Windows Media Player 11 with a Skin + More support and Features aimed at the zune :laugh:

No Joke you compair the Screenshots with windows Media player 11 and there's your answer :p

@Destroyer of Nations did you have any installation issues like I did? How long did the install take? By the way, I love the compact mode as well :yes:

Hey, I didn't have any installation issues but the installation took a loooong time.

^^ That is a very good question.

No one seems to be able to give me a good answer why they dropped WMP11 for this separate application. I guess, perhaps, they wanted separation from the PlayForSure stuff since the Zune will be it's own separate thing ...but as you said? All this work goes into WMP11 and they just ignore that. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

^^ That is a very good question.

No one seems to be able to give me a good answer why they dropped WMP11 for this separate application. I guess, perhaps, they wanted separation from the PlayForSure stuff since the Zune will be it's own separate thing ...but as you said? All this work goes into WMP11 and they just ignore that. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

One very good reason, Antitrust! If MS bundled a direct iTunes competitor that uses their own device and music store, they would get sued and have even more EU problems. The EU already hates Media Player being installed by default, this would give them a heart attack.

Just as a quick note, perhaps it's just me being very unlucky, but I tried to install this on my home desktop (Win XP Pro SP2) with no luck ...it just hangs ... I let it run for nearly 3 hours.

Also an important note, this will not install and/or work on Vista yet. I think they are waiting until the 14th to fix that.

I did get it installed on my work laptop (also Win XP Pro SP2), but it took nearly 30 minutes which is a little ridiculous for a freakin music player. Once it installed it was quite nice, though I don't currently own a Zune so I was limited in my options.

There is an error log left by the installer, check if you can find any information.

To my knowledge, it should install on XP SP2 English. Some other languages are not supported for now, but they are in the works. Vista compatible version is coming soon. :whistle: