Vista will be available for MSDNAA on Nov. 17th

The program admin for your school will have had access to Vista at the beginning of this week. So go talk to that person if you want a copy. At least thats how it went at my Uni. The regular students don't seem to have that access yet. It probably has something to do with the admin having access to unlimited keys, and they don't want students having that privilege. :whistle:

The program admin for your school will have had access to Vista at the beginning of this week. So go talk to that person if you want a copy. At least thats how it went at my Uni. The regular students don't seem to have that access yet. It probably has something to do with the admin having access to unlimited keys, and they don't want students having that privilege. :whistle:

is your school using the e-academy though ?

I asked my MSDN AA manager on tuesday and he just came back with the response that nothing is showing up at his end yet but said it could be becase they don't host the site where as other uni's host their own MSDNAA site.

So I assume by that, that some uni's use e-academy and others use something else i.e. manage there own

I read the support on my uni's e-academy page and it says volume licensing software won't appear for download on the download list and I must ask the admin for it. Is the version of Vista being released on MSDNAA volumn licensing? If so that would probably be why it isn't showing up on anyone's e-academy list, but those who ask their admin are getting it. Maybe...?

http://msdn62.e-academy.com/elms/Storefron...=17&np2=143

My program admin at Southampton, UK did have 50 keys but they quickly went so i haven't got one. Our uni does use e-academy but we host our own ISOs as i can get to them via a FTP link aswell.

I haven't tried but i've been told i can get the Vista ISO if i use the departments network even though they have no keys left. More keys are coming soon, apparently.

Just an update for anyone who is still unsure, I e-mailed MSDNAA and was told e-academy will host Vista for download in early January. Your MSDNAA admin should have a copy now though, like some people are reporting, so if you're chummy with him that way will be quicker for you.

Re: Windows Vista...

"Good Morning Mr. Bryan,

Thank you for contacting the MSDN Academic Alliance Team.

This will be available on E-academy by early January 2007.

Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact me.

We value your feedback, if you have any comments on this contact please take 2 minutes to complete our online survey at:

http://www.surveywriter.net/in/survey/surv...fteng.asp?rid=2

Kind Regards,

Nynke De Vries

MSDN Academic Alliance Team

Europe, Middle East and Africa"

This is the response regarding it from our uni (University of East Anglia)

Dear all,

We have received a number of enquires regarding the availability of Windows

Vista through the MSDNAA program. As such, I thought it might be helpful to

clarify the situation.

Windows Vista will become available at some point via MSDNAA, most likely

early in the new year although a date has not yet been confirmed. Regardless

of what you may have read on the internet, we haven't received any student

keys yet and in any case Vista cannot be deployed through ELMS until all

localized versions are available, due to technical restrictions.

You should also be aware that UEA's network will most likely not support

registration of Windows Vista machines until some time after the public

launch and that there are significant software compatibility issues with

many of the applications used in the department.

I have my own Vista Business key. Got it off my MSDNAA administrator yesterday. He had about 50 and allocated me the first one.

It's not up on ELMS/e-academy yet and most likely will be added in Jan like others have said. It IS however on MSDN/TechNet and my admin was able to login and request product keys from there, like any other MSDN subscriber. They have the ISOs too (got off MSDN) and it's simple as that.

To clarify, MSDN DOES have Vista, ever since it came out for MSDN subscribers. They can request keys too.

I have my own Vista Business key. Got it off my MSDNAA administrator yesterday. He had about 50 and allocated me the first one.

It's not up on ELMS/e-academy yet and most likely will be added in Jan like others have said. It IS however on MSDN/TechNet and my admin was able to login and request product keys from there, like any other MSDN subscriber. They have the ISOs too (got off MSDN) and it's simple as that.

To clarify, MSDN DOES have Vista, ever since it came out for MSDN subscribers. They can request keys too.

Once Vista is released the the general public (at the end of january) should all schools with MSDNAA have access to download Vista? Right now, it is not even showing up on my list.

Once Vista is released the the general public (at the end of january) should all schools with MSDNAA have access to download Vista? Right now, it is not even showing up on my list.

They should have it NOW, but it appears the MSDNAA program isn't managed very well and school MSDNAA admins are lazy and/or uninformed.

They should have it NOW, but it appears the MSDNAA program isn't managed very well and school MSDNAA admins are lazy and/or uninformed.

If I were to nag whoever is in charge of MSDNAA here to update it with Vista, is this something they could easily do for free, or do some schools get it because they paid for it.

This is what I did. Go see them in person, make an appointment if you have to, but usually you can just walk into the Help Desk or similar room/office and ask that they log into MSDN (not ELMS or e-academy administration). It is on MSDN. Mine simply signed in and was able to get the ISOs and request Product Keys easily (its at the top). Printed out a list of keys and gave me one on the spot and asked whether I wanted Vista on DVD since he had downloaded the ISO and had burnt copies for students ready for collection. Go see him/her :)

This is what I did. Go see them in person, make an appointment if you have to, but usually you can just walk into the Help Desk or similar room/office and ask that they log into MSDN (not ELMS or e-academy administration). It is on MSDN. Mine simply signed in and was able to get the ISOs and request Product Keys easily (its at the top). Printed out a list of keys and gave me one on the spot and asked whether I wanted Vista on DVD since he had downloaded the ISO and had burnt copies for students ready for collection. Go see him/her :)

You make it sound easy (because it should be), but unfortunately, I'm finding that discovering specifically which person to talk to isn't all that simple. There is no way to contact anyone through the school's MSDNAA site. I guess once I get back from break, most likely, i'll just go asking around until I found who to talk to.

Hi guys I'm new here but have been following this thread for a while and thought I would give you an update on my findings. I go to a University in London and have recently contacted my MSDNAA admin and had the following response:

First I emailed on Monday about admins having keys and this was the reply:

"Well, AFAIK, they have not committed to any particular date. While we do have a very limited supply of keys, we are currently using them to test

Vista, so cannot issue any to students. The Key and the ISO will be available to students when I am able to upload Vista to the MSDNAA student site."

This may be the reason why some students can not get keys from other Universities, the admin then emailed me again yesterday with the following:

"I've just had a reply from Elms, and Vista should be available to students within the next couple of weeks. Certainly by the end of 2006."

As I say I thought I would just post it for those still wondering when it will be available on Elms.

@agreenbhm: If you go to the ELMS (e-academy) website, it will list the Program Administrator for your uni/school. My faculty also has a full page of software licenses that we hold, and whether they're available for students or staff (or both) and how to go about obtaining or using the academic licenses/volume licensing. For me it was as easy as emailing the guy in charge to ask about it, then looking up his details in a Staff Directory (contact page should be on your uni or faculty websites or noticeboards) and I just went to his door, knocked, walked in and explained what I needed.

I suggest you go to your help desk or an access lab, see who is in charge, perhaps it is called the ITU helpdesk (like mine) or similar IT support office and ask since you are entitled. Something like "where can I obtain CD software that is available for student use/loans" would be enough. Sucks that you can't find out so easily though. Just go to coordinator offices or lab supervisors and see if they know.

Forget ELMS if you want Vista as soon as possible, it's on MSDN - however Jigsaw is correct. My school is just lucky/nice enough to give it out to students (the keys) early, if you ask the right people and nicely.