1. 1. My Vista Performance Index is...

• below 1.0
    • 1.0 - 1.9
    • 2.0 - 2.9
    • 3.0 - 3.9
    • 4.0 - 4.9
    • 5.0 and above

wht is the highest you can get

perhaps 10, or maybe there's no limit. either way they've designed it so future technology will continue to get higher ratings. i'd imagine no current hardware can reach the limit.

5.9 is the current best, but i guess they just limited that to make free space for the Quad Cores, DX10 cards, Hybrid harddisks and DDR3 for PC's.

Anyway, i'll probably finish with a zero or a 1 because of my Riva TNT2, 30Gig slow HD, 256MB SDRAM etc...

How come Phemo's E6600 gets a 5.7 and my E6600 only gets a 5.3!

Woo... a virtual phallus size contest - this thread is bound to be popular :p

What's yours clocked at? Mine's overclocked to 3.2GHz.

There is no top level score, it's designed to raise with technological advances.

The highest score you can obtain with RC2 and more than likely the real RTM is 5.9, so that would be the current "top level score." Microsoft can and will raise it at will in the future; probably with hotfixes and/or service packs.

I'm guessing there are artificial limits, like single core/32-bit processors being capped at 3.9, dual core at 5.9, DX 9 GPUs at 5.9, non flash-enabled HDDs at 5.9, etc...

I'm guessing there are artificial limits, like single core/32-bit processors being capped at 3.9, dual core at 5.9, DX 9 GPUs at 5.9, non flash-enabled HDDs at 5.9, etc...

It's based on performance as tested, not an arbitrary number based on the specifications.

How come Phemo's E6600 gets a 5.7 and my E6600 only gets a 5.3!

Woo... a virtual phallus size contest - this thread is bound to be popular :p

Because the cpu is overclocked, which makes the processor performance higher, which gives it a higher #