Vista Forceware 97.27 out

Think i'll stick with the 97.19's for now until something official comes out of nVidia.. Aero runs good with them and i'm not playing any games atm.. my card is a Leadtek 6600GT if its of any use!

Just installed the Drivers Every Thing Runs A Bit Faster than 97.19 " still have not tried to run any games yet

any one try to run NFSC does it get pass the EA Logo

Performance is still crap compared to XP. They need to sort it out - Vista has been in beta for ages now for gods sake...

weird, my vista install with every single thing I use in XP is flying for me. I'd say 2x's faster at least. Of course i'm using more RAM, but that's why it's in there to begin with :D

These drivers wont install for me, the install goes fine, I restart, but still says 97.19 and I dont see any control panel. Are we not suppose to use the setup.exe to install?

if I try to install using have disk, it says the drivers are not made for vista.

edit: does anyone have the inf mod for x64?

Yeah inf mod for x64 would be nice, I just get no supported HW foudn during setup... I even tried with the regular inf mod posted here.

Performance is still crap compared to XP. They need to sort it out - Vista has been in beta for ages now for gods sake...

Careful, you'll get mauled by the people on this forum who think it's perfectly acceptable to wait until release day to have any driver at all out.

Just installed the Drivers Every Thing Runs A Bit Faster than 97.19 " still have not tried to run any games yet

any one try to run NFSC does it get pass the EA Logo

hint: Dot and Commas

WOW...This ones are goood!!! :alien:

I have a Gf 6600 standard and NFSC runs smoooth with these drivers...

Aero, everything ok!

I extracted the Vista 92.27, used the file supplied by Jony_78 (thankss man!!). ran Setup...and voila!! :yes:

Now im happy! :laugh:

Oh BTW...For the ppl cant play NFSC, try to rename the folder MOVIES to MOVIEZ...NFSC crashes mainly because of video...this will bypass the videos in game...oh well better than nothing...

This driver improved my framerate, but only slightly. I couldn't even pass the Video Stress Test in Counter Strike! (Got 29fps, aiming for 60). I know that's not a very good test, but many can get 60. :no: In game, I get 39fps, which is significantly better than the 97.17 driver on my 7800GT, where I got ~17fps. :pinch:

I guess it'll be a while before we see optimised drivers, huh?

The control panel is still junk - i don't understand what's the point in including a control panel that has no options in it?

And still no 1680x1050 resolution, which is plain amazing. A 2007 OS that has absolutely no support for a VGA-connected 20 widescreen monitor?

Oh, and i almost forgot to tell that Nvidias urge to start flashing (on/off) the monitors everytime i right click the desktop (or touch anything nvidia control panel related) is included in their Vista drivers as well. Very cool.

The control panel is still junk - i don't understand what's the point in including a control panel that has no options in it?

And still no 1680x1050 resolution, which is plain amazing. A 2007 OS that has absolutely no support for a VGA-connected 20 widescreen monitor?

Oh, and i almost forgot to tell that Nvidias urge to start flashing (on/off) the monitors everytime i right click the desktop (or touch anything nvidia control panel related) is included in their Vista drivers as well. Very cool.

1680x1050 has worked for me atleast since Beta 2 with all the nvidia drivers.

Damn !

what about the Resolution problem!

i run Vista x64 !

there are many ppl there have problems with the resolution!

me myself i have problem to! i normally use the 1440x900 resolution!

but i can not get it to work !

are there a way to MOD the FILES ! s? den 1440x900 Resolution can get to work ?

1680x1050 has worked for me atleast since Beta 2 with all the nvidia drivers.

I have never got it in any vista drivers.

I think it only works if you are on DVI. Since it's my secondary screen i have to use VGA (graphic card only have one dvi). I have even installed the driver for the screen, and it's still not 1680x1050. The generic drivers in XP used to have 1680x1050 (if you selected a driver higher than 1600x1200)

Damn !

what about the Resolution problem!

i run Vista x64 !

there are many ppl there have problems with the resolution!

me myself i have problem to! i normally use the 1440x900 resolution!

but i can not get it to work !

are there a way to MOD the FILES ! s? den 1440x900 Resolution can get to work ?

i installed these drivers but the res only goes up to 1280x960:((

and my monitor supports up to 1280x1024.

works fine with defualt vista drivers

same here ! with the default nvidia drivers there are no problems!

After i have installed this driver here !

my resolution is ****'T:((

i hope there comes a fix for that !

What is your GPU model?

hey i popped these on hoping they would fix dx stuff with my 6800gt but no luck..

the 3d preview in control panel is all black (shows the logo spinning but no textures etc) and anything that uses directx so far seems to crash :(

yet aero/glass works flawlessly..

tried a bunch of driver versions no luck so far.. any ideas?

Hello everybody :)

I was wondering if anyone who is using the new driver can elaborate on whether or not and which TV-out features has been included in the control panel in this driver release.

Most importantly, does it support "Theater Mode" (in which you can play a video file on your TV and keep working in Windows on your monitor) ?

A screenshot of the control panel TV-out options would also help :)

Thanks in advance!