Vista Forceware 97.27 out

I did change 1280x1024 to 1440x900 on all 4 .inf files and de Modes file. Still no 1440x900. I tried to change dvi to vga, but no sucess. But something has changed, now apear one more weird resolution available, but no 1440x900. Im i missing something? I downloaded the stock driver from laptop2go. downloaded de inf so can be compatible with my 7800GT, now change those lines on those files, swith cables, damm..... still no 1440x900.

I did tried powerstrip.

May i remember you that 96.33 detect the monitor correctly and 1440x900 is available!!!!!

I also tried delete the Nvidia Direct Access Files at windows\system32 but.... nothing.

Thanks for suport!

@guys compaining about 1440x900:

Did you try what i wrote in the post righ above here?

As mentioned, i had no 1680x1050 (VGA) what so ever in Vista before, but i found the solution for the problem. Don't see any reason why it shouldn't work for 1440x900.

And you could always use Powerstrip to fix it, although i don't like that solution too well.

Why are you talking about VGA? We are talking about DVI. With a VGA cable the resolution works fine. But not with DVI.

Why are you talking about VGA? We are talking about DVI. With a VGA cable the resolution works fine. But not with DVI.

That is incorrect. I'm using a VGA cable and the newest drivers I can use are 96.85 with 1440x900. 97.19 and 97.27 will not allow 1440x900 even with a VGA cable.

I also tried modifying the ini files as a previous poster suggested but I had no luck in doing so.

That is incorrect. I'm using a VGA cable and the newest drivers I can use are 96.85 with 1440x900. 97.19 and 97.27 will not allow 1440x900 even with a VGA cable.

I also tried modifying the ini files as a previous poster suggested but I had no luck in doing so.

same here

first i loose 1440x900, then 1280 x 800 with these drivers :pinch:

have to do 1280 x 1024 and it looks bad

but i got chess titans to run! before i had issues...maybe double agent will work too? :blink:

first post

I am starting to think that MS asked Nvidia to remove the native wide resolutions.

To slow down the number of pirat-users of Vista... :blink:

They better fix it in the nest release, that most likely will be available the 30th november.

LoL

Back to topic.. I just got my Chimei CMV 19" widescreen .. ^^

No 1440x900 in 97.27 :{ ... if anyone of you can get the resolution, please let us know here..

err? so you are saying most pirates are using a wide-screen? lol

lol.. no :p

Just saying that most ppl use widescreen LCD's these days. So why wouldn't that mean most pirates too? ;)

Was just a rant anyway.. hehe

• 1 month later...

sorry for ignorance... May i know what is forceware? is a suite drivers for motherboard? And i motherboard is based on nforce4 and plan to install vista, then here is a forceware that i need to install?