Interest in PS3 fading?

What do you mean "So".

Do you think none of us in Europe won't buy any? :rofl: As I've said in another thread almost everyone I know has a ps2 in their house and the majority of them have an interest in buying a PS3.

I'm still holding back my judgement till the console is released everywhere. Only then can we fairly start to analyze how well it's selling.

So I wasn't talking about the European market. Anyway, if it is like this in North America, you can bet it will be the same or worse in Europe. Europeans seem more angry about the whole Lik Sang thing and quite a few are boycotting the PS3 because they feel shafted by the late launch. Plus, the Europe launch won't have the insane amount of ebayers buying them. Things aren't all roses for Sony in Europe.

And the fact of people having PS2's means nothing. The way things are in North America with them sitting on the shelves proves that. Heck, I love my PS2 to death, but I have no interest at all in the PS3 at that price.

I'll reiterate my last post. It's not like the 360 has the greatest launch lineup either. Yet you literally couldn't walk into a store any time you wanted and pick one up until March. The PS3 is already apparently at the point where you can walk into some stores any time you want and pick it up, despite shortages. There's something wrong with that picture. That's not to say it won't keep selling, but even I definitely did not expect you to be able to find any anywhere until early next year.

-Spenser

Exactly. There should be no way you can just walk into a store and pick one up at this point. Especially with the critical shortages. Plus it's Chrsitmas time. They can't even sell all of them at Christmas?
There may be PS3's sitting on shelves in suburban and rural areas, but I'm sure that in most, if not all, major cities they are as sold out as the Wii and 360. Living in NYC, I can say with confidence that almost every store that would sell consoles would be completely out of PS3s and Wii's... although I do hear a LOT more people asking for the Wii than the PS3.
I would consider Vancouver a pretty major city. Yet I've heard several reports of them sitting on shelves there too. Same with other decently sized cities. You're in denial.

I would consider Vancouver a pretty major city. Yet I've heard several reports of them sitting on shelves there too. Same with other decently sized cities. You're in denial.

I'm in denial? I was one of those people that camped out for a Wii on launch day and never considered buying a PS3 when it launched. :p

I'm just stating the facts, and the fact is that NYC and its 8 million+ people (18 million if you include the Tri-State area) are starved for these consoles. When I've been shopping for Christmas gifts these past few weeks I always make a point to go into a GameStop or Best Buy or Targets just to see how the consoles are doing (as in, if there are any on shelves). Every time I've been to these stores in Brooklyn and Manhattan I've always found the Wii and PS3 sold out. Even their accessories are very hard to come by.

Well, it's official. My Best Buy has 76 20 and 60GB PS3s. Yea, you read that correctly. :p They had about 10 of them out on the floor (so it wouldn't be thiefbait), and nobody was buying them. Wii was still sold out. :(

Well, it's official. My Best Buy has 76 20 and 60GB PS3s. Yea, you read that correctly. :p They had about 10 of them out on the floor (so it wouldn't be thiefbait), and nobody was buying them. Wii was still sold out. :(

The ones on the floor are properly empty.

80 20gig PS3 sold out in 4minutes

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=900525

Selling started 12:00:00 AM Central Time

Sellout time: 12:04:37 AM Central Time

Yeah

That theres supply for the demand :)

Add the fact PS3 hasn't been released worldwide! I've said it soo many times but its a large factor. Europe is very important for Sony!

Sony sells 40 millionth PS2 in Europe

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6161370.html?sid=6161370

(just wish they had taken more note of this BEFORE deciding to launch in america first only :rofl:)

We'll see if the Wii can keep this progress up in the long run

Yeah

Quite frankly regardless of supply / demand, its pretty obvious the Wii is going to sell more than the PS3. I'd stake whatever reputation I have on it right now. And will eat my hat if i'm wrong ;)

Quite frankly regardless of supply / demand, its pretty obvious the Wii is going to sell more than the PS3. I'd stake whatever reputation I have on it right now. And will eat my hat if i'm wrong ;)

I think thats too soon to say

Those are really, really heavy empty boxes then... Not to mention why would they leave those empty but keep Xbox 360's, obviously full, out in the open?

I think thats too soon to say

Not quite. Sony's supplying and they're not even demanded, at least in my area. Nintendo's demand is higher than their supply, something they didn't even envision.

Yeah

Not really, seeing as every Wii sells out right away, and PS3's are sitting on the floor. They are making enough PS3's now, there just isn't the demand.

Why are they so heavy then? And why do they have security tags on "empty" boxes? Also, why are the clerks saying that they have 6 PS3's in stock, and "oops" there just happens to be 6 "empty" boxes out there.

The Wii has already sold over double the amount of PS3's.. I think that says it all.

not really... kids want this for christmas.. its also a lot cheaper than the PS3..

i know when i was younger i wouldn't be able to have 400 quid for christmas.

And i do believe the Wii is a novelty.. i cant see most people playing it for years on end, the thing is with the Wii, its not all that..

if i think deep down i would love a wii, but i think the only time it would remain really fun is when your playing with friends.

My overall interest in video games is fading (well it has been for a while) because I'm sick of idiots arguing about what console/game is better instead of just playing whatever they like.

To add to this, when I went to go Christmas shopping at Toys R Us two weeks ago I found this:

-Most of the DS's were sold out

-Most if not all the Wii's were sold out

-Half to almost all the 360s were sold out

-Hardly any if one PS3 was sold. They were all sitting on the shelf and people weren't even walking in that aisle.

The more time Sony spends "ramping up" their production, the more time people will read somewhere the negative reactions to the PS3 and more people will either change their minds or get more educated about the differences between PS3 and 360 (I think the Wii is a different audience). Sony needs to cash in on their name recognition and make as many sales as possible before the negative publicity starts invading mainstream media, like the recent article in Time magazine.

It may be fading.....but all it takes in one good looking game, or the release of one new good feature and everyone is sayin 'OMG time for me to get a ps3' etc... just like the GT HD thread!

It's a fact --interest-- in PS3 isn't fading.. it's just getting more and more interesting... all these microsoft fanboys are so interested about it failing etc and keep making threads about it.. Seems to me the microsoft fanboys have more interest in the PS3 than anybody else :p

It's a fact --interest-- in PS3 isn't fading.. it's just getting more and more interesting... all these microsoft fanboys are so interested about it failing etc and keep making threads about it.. Seems to me the microsoft fanboys have more interest in the PS3 than anybody else :p

:laugh: :rofl: :yes:

After all the latest news, most people are going off the Playstation 3 altogether, mostly after seeing the price. It's a hefty price to pay for a games console, especially when there are much cheaper alternatives.

After all the latest news, most people are going off the Playstation 3 altogether, mostly after seeing the price. It's a hefty price to pay for a games console, especially when there are much cheaper alternatives.

Id pay 1000$ for any console

Mind you that you dont have to upgrade its hardware for atleast 5 years

You know all games will always work on 'high settings'

Consoles are cheap imo

Even the media are talking about it now. The latest IGN podcast they were talking about all the PS3's sitting on the shelves. So it's not just a few people in small towns noticing this.

Id pay 1000$ for any console

Mind you that you dont have to upgrade its hardware for atleast 5 years

You know all games will always work on 'high settings'

Consoles are cheap imo

You're in the minority of the hardest of the hardcore gamers though. Most parents aren't going to spend that much on a console for thier kid (and if they do, I daresay that those kids are spoiled brats :p). It's even steep for adult gamers. Basically at that price point it only appeals to harcore Sony fans.

and tell me how isn't it fading when people are not even walking in the aisle? That proves allot. Either people have it already, or they don't want to/not interested in the product.