New ATI Vista Driver

Hmm, I wonder what this actually helps. Wonder if they have more support for the cards than just simply the graphics yet. I'd like to get my VIVO working again.

I wonder if we ever gonna see openGL driver for Vista, and if we ever gonna see decent display drivers for Vista. The whole GUI concept vs running games under Vista doesn't really work well....

I wonder if we ever gonna see openGL driver for Vista, and if we ever gonna see decent display drivers for Vista. The whole GUI concept vs running games under Vista doesn't really work well....

You got that right... MS really screwed Vista "the gaming OS" by failing to support... well... gaming. DX10... no show. SLI... no show. OpenGL... no show. DirectX9? Hit or miss (mostly miss due to crappy drivers).

You got that right... MS really screwed Vista "the gaming OS" by failing to support... well... gaming. DX10... no show. SLI... no show. OpenGL... no show. DirectX9? Hit or miss (mostly miss due to crappy drivers).

Man, you do realize that EVERY point you made is NOT microsoft's fault right? You want to blame someone, blame ATI and nVidia for the crappy "support". It's not microsft's job to support other company's hardware.

Also, as far as DirectX10 goes, go to start and type "dxdiag" and check the DirectX version. It's there.

All functions will be added, it will just take time, XP's drivers were poor when it first came out, now they are rock solid.

If you compare the XP to win 2000 then ther wasn't that much of a difference in how the drivers had to be coded. The difference between XP and Vista is massive. To be honest I think Creative are going to have a tougher job getting EAX to work correctly then ATI and Nvidia will with OpenGL due to the huge change in the flow and process of audio. (Not forgetting Creative have the slowest release of new drivers I have ever seen)

They do seem to be taking their time but remember, Vista is not officially out until Jan 30th, I would guess they will have better functioning driver ready for then.

I would guess they have internal betas with some form of OpenGL and SLI/Crossfire support but will will not see them until they have matured more.

I find the laughable support for Nvidia's 8800 more of a worry than Vista drivers at the moment

They do seem to be taking their time but remember, Vista is not officially out until Jan 30th, I would guess they will have better functioning driver ready for then.

Vista has officially been out for a couple of weeks now: for business customers. (Whom I imagine would appreciate stable drivers.)

Vista just isn't retail yet.

Vista has officially been out for a couple of weeks now: for business customers. (Whom I imagine would appreciate stable drivers.)

Vista just isn't retail yet.

Very true, but how many people using the business version of windows or business customers have 5.1+ surround sound or play enough games to need superb stability in those areas for drivers? last I checked they had other more important things to do. I'm sure stable drivers will be released come 1/30 and I'm sure they'll get even better once 1/30 comes around. until then we just gotta play the waiting game.

Very true, but how many people using the business version of windows or business customers have 5.1+ surround sound or play enough games to need superb stability in those areas for drivers? last I checked they had other more important things to do. I'm sure stable drivers will be released come 1/30 and I'm sure they'll get even better once 1/30 comes around. until then we just gotta play the waiting game.

They had better have stable drivers out before 1/30. In fact, if they don't have stable drivers within a week or two, I'd be worried, as OEMs like Dell _will_ need them before 1/30.

sorry to see so many problems here. i hate to say that the drivers work as well as any for me. i have not tested lots of games, but everyday stuffs work fine. :| :)

Dell Inspiron 6000d

x300