The PRE game fun...

Gee, it must have been all you Americans and Europeans that have been working this out. There were only five pages and nothing had been worked out when I went to bed (in Australia) and I woke up this morning and there are 30 pages and heaps if things solved!

This is like some sort of Da Vinci code puzzle, where is the guy from numb3rs?

technically we are 'decoding' we just got our prompt from somewhere else... or else we are all one big part of the puzzle. Remember how 4two (l0ki) gave us the cipher that you have... perhaps it was to help us along because we had not found a 'you' (person with cipher) yet.

In other words, they only sent the boxes to people with viral influence (bloggers like yourself). Once they saw that neowin was 'enthused' with the challenge, they acted as our box. It is marketing, but it is pretty fun!

Well there not stealing the name in my mind whatever happens

Thinking Loki the Norse god comes to mind first,

Loki's Minions CTF is definitely next :)

Very lovely looking lady though if that is them :D

The unsolved puzzle does seems to have definite beginnings and ends, points with nothing but outward and inward arrows.

One attack vector could be to simply attempt to sort the letters based on the arrows as greater than less than, but that's a project for someone with more time than me, i need to get to bed for a good 6 hours or so

It also wouldn't directly account for the 9 digit number. the layout is sudoku though, never got into playing that unfortunately, I'm sure understanding that properly would help.

1 letter from each field of 9 with reference to the code to choose the field order?

Probably all posted before but 30 pages is above my tolerance atm I'm affraid.

Night.

not sure why 'wh0isl0ki' got people fixated on the 'son of Odin' thing so much though (other than the significant 9)

surely "god of mischief","contriver of all fraud" is more interesting, or with respect to the 'ultimate vista / view from space' thing he's also the Sky Traveller / Sky Walker.

skywalker, there's a significant 9 for you...

Ok, here's an idea that has been tickling the back of my mind as I read more and more of what has been solved. This seems so tied to numbers, like pie and the sudoku puzzles and the fractal design on the biography page. So where are the the fibanchi numbers? Please don't take this as a solution or a direct road, but something to keep in the back of your mind. It might tie in somehow.

OOOOH... one detail that I forgot to mention (but I think is important) - My cipher was named "Cipher Key 4.jpg" - presumably there's at least 3 additional ciphers (1, 2, and 3), and possibly more

Ok, here's an idea that has been tickling the back of my mind as I read more and more of what has been solved. This seems so tied to numbers, like pie and the sudoku puzzles and the fractal design on the biography page. So where are the the fibanchi numbers? Please don't take this as a solution or a direct road, but something to keep in the back of your mind. It might tie in somehow.

I just got up to date with all of this (read through all 31 pages so far :| ) and thought I'd mention that the fibonacci numbers are there. For example, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number, you should see some similarities with the image on that page and the spiral inscribed boxes on the biography page. Namely the addition of the lengths of two consecutive sides is the length of the next consecutive side, which is the fibonacci sequence.

edit: reading the biography page reminds me of the guy from the movie Pi, lol. "Once when I was young I looked directly into the sun" and all that jazz.

OOOOH... one detail that I forgot to mention (but I think is important) - My cipher was named "Cipher Key 4.jpg" - presumably there's at least 3 additional ciphers (1, 2, and 3), and possibly more

We have three so far that I know of:

1) Original from lokivanishes

2) Different one after loki edited the post

3) The one you got

All of which have, I think, been solved to the final page, which leaves one more :huh:

Someone posted this on about page 20 But IS IT just me or when you pressed 0 on the phone number part it said something about pre-awareness book 1 or something like that TIME TO DIG!

This is the flv source for the countdown timer on http://www.vanishingpointgame.com/antepenultimate/

Note the webservice url address "http://stagessl.42entertainment.com:20000/preawareness/now.asmx?WSDL"

EDIT: also can some1 post how you would solve the first wh0isl0ki puzzle because i didnt get how peeople worked that out and i would like to help to see if theres anything else in the new modified wh0isl0ki puzzle

Edited by Aeschylus Maximus

Loki was the codename for a home computer under development at Sinclair Research during the mid-1980s. The name came from the Norse god Loki, god of mischief and thieves. Loki was based on the ZX Spectrum, but intended to rival the Amiga as a games platform. When Amstrad bought out Sinclair's computer business in 1986, the project was cancelled. Martin Brennan and John Mathieson, two Sinclair engineers, took the Loki technology with them and founded Flare Technology. There they worked on an abortive games console project with Konix, later working with Atari on the Panther and Jaguar systems.

According to Jaguar developer Andrew Whittaker, two other Sinclair employees, Bruce Gordon and Alan Miles, who went on to form Miles Gordon Technology, used some of the designs in the SAM Coup?. [1]

Loki is sometimes confused with two earlier aborted Sinclair Research projects; the LC3 games console (cancelled in 1983) and the SuperSpectrum, a 68008-based home computer very similar to the Sinclair QL (cancelled in 1982).

According to an article published in Sinclair User magazine (which is likely to have been, at least in part, speculative), Loki was to have a 7 MHz Z80H CPU, a minimum of 128 kB of RAM and two custom chips providing much enhanced video and audio capabilities compared to the ZX Spectrum. The video chip, referred to as the "Rasterop" chip, would provide a number of different resolutions up to 768x212, up to 256 colours, and blitter-type functionality. Comprehensive peripheral support was also claimed, including MIDI, lightpen, joystick and floppy disk. A ZX Spectrum 48K compatibility mode was also to be provided. On top of this, the computer would cost as little as ?200.

I'm surprised that grid puzzle isn't solved yet.

I thought for sure it would be solved by now :laugh:

Who ever it was that made it knows his or her puzzles :laugh:

Excuse me for joining late in this thread and not having the patience to read through it...

Did anyone else notice his GPA was equal to Pi ? perhaps this has some relation to things?