The PRE game fun...

I can't believe people are actually bruteforcing the site in order to try to figure it out.

If you can't even try to play it fairly then just don't even bother

That's just ruining the whole point of using your brain to solve it and to be honest, seeing people from Neowin resort to that is pathetic.

Speaking of sun dials and fractals:

http://www.earthmatrix.com/platonic/extrac18.htm

In reviewing the ancient reckoning systems, one can only wonder to what extent the historically significant numbers obey the laws of mathematics, and to what extent they were consciously chosen by the ancient themselves. As we have seen throughout the Earth/matriX series of essays and extracts, the ancient reckoning systems appear to share a common logic of computation. One of the most historically significant numbers concerns that of the Platonic Year (or Platonic Cycle), which reflects the 25920 years of the precession of the equinoxes (often cited as closer to 26000 years of Earth's orbital timing). Most scholars do not recognize the possibility that the ancients conceived, much less knew, the timing related to the precession of our planet around the sun. We have seen how the number 25920 (and fractals thereof) may have been derived from different points of computation; simply by doubling 810 (1620, 3240, 6480, 12960, 25920), one may easily arrive at this figure.

Hey on the biography page there is a title that says "Vanishing Act", and in the video there is a tuxedo with a cane, a cylinder hat and white gloves. I don't know about you but that kinda smells like Magician to me.

This may mean nothing, but I noticed that a few objects in the YouTube video were in a particular arrangement. Which relates to the pyramid vanishing point concept.

Here is the first set of images I put together:

1ef1.jpg

But when you rotate the images they seem to all relate:

2fb3.jpg

Probably just a coincidence but they all have that curve in their arrangement

i have been reading all stuff here... and maybe is something related with CES kicking off Jan 07 in las vegas, everything is setup thats why the clock is ticking... is there a booth 07 in CES? if so, whats all about?

this stuff just pop in my head... so im just guessing

Even if we do get somewhere with this.. i recokn... this is just a bit of practice for the real thing where somebody may actually win something. Am i correct in saying that nobody has got the kinda second prize word or whatever?

The genealogy table on this picture has nothing to do with Greeks - it's the genealogy of the Theodosian dynasty of Roman emperors. Theodosius I. was the last emperor to rule the Roman Empire as a whole. It was divided amongst his sons Honorius (who ruled the Western Empire, which crumbled by 476 AD) and Arcadius (who ruled the Eastern Empire, which transformed into the Byzantine Empire and survived until 1453) after his death in 395 AD.

What does this have to do with the puzzle? Not sure.

Could someone get the guy to post that video in full resolution. And also the guy who posted it on youtube, "Rick Lehrbaum" is a Linux guy, and he seems to be famous (20,000 hits on google).

The fact that there are three different style paths points out to me that there are obviously three different paths to take... I still do not think 42 imagined we would devour this set so quickly as the next set of puzzles are released IMO on January 8th.

I still think that the content being released now does not add anything new to the current puzzles but should be kept for reference for the proper game. But you never know I might be wrong.

The most important thing now is to see what happens @ Bellagio Fountains - 6:30pm - January 8th. Is anyone on the forums here even around that area. some pictures would be awesome.

Could someone get the guy to post that video in full resolution. And also the guy who posted it on youtube, "Rick Lehrbaum" is a Linux guy, and he seems to be famous (20,000 hits on google).

Funny you should mention that. LOKI ENTERTAINMENT was a company that ported linux versions of top games, who were then bought over by Microsoft and ...get this...vanished

Heres a theory - what if Microsoft wants to dip its toes in the linux gaming market ? then it really would be Live Anywhere...

well Neowin will be at CES so they can bring us all the news as it happens. its weird that bill gates is doing his keynote on the 7th and this is on the 8th so im guessing that someone else will be revealing all this. and its 6:30 pm PST right so thats 02:30 UTC.

from the sounds of these puzzles they might have just been the start of something bigger im sure its going to get very interesting.

well Neowin will be at CES so they can bring us all the news as it happens. its weird that bill gates is doing his keynote on the 7th and this is on the 8th so im guessing that someone else will be revealing all this. and its 6:30 pm PST right so thats 02:30 UTC.

from the sounds of these puzzles they might have just been the start of something bigger im sure its going to get very interesting.

Also remember this is scheduled to happen OUTSIDE of a conference hall - and the wordings on the uncompressed SWF says - Remember Big Things Come in Big Packages...

Hey, there is an other video on utube called "THE LOKI PROJECT" here's the link :

It's uploaded by spiderwomn69. I think it explains about the gloves, cane and etc. In the beggining of the video we see a poster saying

"Ukulele Loki's Folderol Follies" and we watch some sexy show :)))

Hey, there is an other video on utube called "THE LOKI PROJECT" here's the link :

It's uploaded by spiderwomn69. I think it explains about the gloves, cane and etc. In the beggining of the video we see a poster saying

I feel traumatised...lololol

Yep but that was posted in mid October, so not that recent...

Maybe its the official release of Microsoft PhotoSynth :)

I hope it's bigger than that. I've become really interested in this since it first started and I want it to end up with something more important than that :p

You're doing good guys, keep it up (Y)

I'm still puzzled by the genealogy table. Why would they use one of a dynasty which reigned over an already decaying empire? Hm. Could this be a reference to some empire vanishing at some point of time?

Las Vegas, Bellagio Fountains. 6:30pm

Hopefully i'll make it there, it clashes with a Microsoft Press Reception at CES which is at the Vista Partner Pavillion.