The PRE game fun...

Careful guys. Don't assume that something out of place or inconsistent is part of the game. Odds are that if it's something they want you to pay attention to, they'll make it VERY obvious (at least, obvious to someone with an eye for it.)

The D&G on the glasses is Dolce & Gabanna, and likely means nothing other than illustrating that Loki is a fashionista. The wrappers could be easily explained by what we call a "zipper", simply a continuity flaw introduced in the editing process. The lingering shot on the page inside the book, on the other hand, is clearly important and relevant.

Usually if something is a clue, it'll jump out at you as either out of place or otherwise weird, but don't let your enthusiasm lead you to overanalysis.

It makes me wonder if these two sites that have been mentioned with the vanishingpointgame site are real i.e. active. The fish site mentiones that they mainly do business online although there is no way to buy from them through this site. These sites have probably been created just for this game and are not for real.

At least this marketing campaign is proofing to become a success...

wh3r3t0g0 ther is one ;) and i dunno you guys but when they show those wrappers Loki says there is allot of money to be made in this town. IMO they look like condom wrappers....

wh3r3t0g0 ther is one ;) and i dunno you guys but when they show those wrappers Loki says there is allot of money to be made in this town. IMO they look like condom wrappers....

Ok, now you have gone off the deep end (pun intended)...

Maybe someone else pointed that out, but on the biography site it says (and I quote) "graduating with a GPA of exactly 3.1415".

3.1415 is π (pi). Dunno if this is relevant.

It has been mentioned, but that may very well be relevant. It should be noted that the mathematical constants phi, pi, and e are all shown on that page. :s

Edit: I used "mentioned" 3 times in 2 sentences......

Creamhackered and others who received the ferrari laptop were said they are the encoder or decoders, I dont really recall, and that people will be looking for them, thousands of people. Do we know how many people received the laptops and if we can somehow have a list of the names of the people. It might be that the names of the people or their birthdates lead to something.

guys help me out with this pi business... how can someone graduate with a pi as the final mark??? Would that be rather bad? Just considering since this guy refers to himself as a genius of some sort? In one of the previous posts there is a link to some guys that have recieved free Acer Ferrari 1000 or 5000 laptops from Loki at Microsoft and that they are decoderes. Makes me wonder if there is one person in each of these cities and why do they have to be found? http://laughingsquid.com/microsofts-vanishing-point-game/ this is a link to one of the choosen ones or maybe we should start calling them the "others' lol. The guy on this site is rather straight forward about the whole thing but I read another ones blog and that block was acting al funny about the whole getting a laptop for free business since there is a whole bunch of people annoying him on his own blog....

adios for now

alotoflager

Anyone thought of blackholes and vanishing points, blackholes have a point where even time slows down. This is a site that says

"Black holes are difficult to detect, because they are black. ... its clock keeps slowing down indefinitely as it approaches the vanishing point."

The site from which the the above is quoted.

I thought of this looking at a notebook, it shows a 2 inverted cones on the left hand middle in the notebook, like a singularity of a blackhole. The other parts depict the circular shape but the biggest indication of the blackhole theory is that everything collapses even time and then a new universe is born, black holes dont have the concept of time, have infinite mass and the only place where light bends due to infinite gravity.

This look like anything you have seen in the notebook in the movie??

post-192069-1167270346_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheRA

guys help me out with this pi business... how can someone graduate with a pi as the final mark??? Would that be rather bad? Just considering since this guy refers to himself as a genius of some sort? In one of the previous posts there is a link to some guys that have recieved free Acer Ferrari 1000 or 5000 laptops from Loki at Microsoft and that they are decoderes. Makes me wonder if there is one person in each of these cities and why do they have to be found? http://laughingsquid.com/microsofts-vanishing-point-game/ this is a link to one of the choosen ones or maybe we should start calling them the "others' lol. The guy on this site is rather straight forward about the whole thing but I read another ones blog and that block was acting al funny about the whole getting a laptop for free business since there is a whole bunch of people annoying him on his own blog....

adios for now

alotoflager

I'm in Canada, so we don't use GPAs (except at some universities). I think how it works is 4.0 is perfect (100%), so a GPA of pi would be around 79%

how can someone graduate with a pi as the final mark??? Would that be rather bad? Just considering since this guy refers to himself as a genius of some sort?

He said "graduating with a GPA of exactly 3.1415. That?s harder to do than you might think.u>" I'm thinking he intentionally got the GPA of 3.1415. That means he could control what grade he make to average the GPA exactly at 3.1415, and that's why it's "harder to do than you might think."

Not sure if this was brought up before about the websites... Called the number listed and it is not in service.

Registrant: Make this info private

Vanishing Point

7920 Scott Ave

Liberty, MO 64068

US

Domain Name: COLORFULKOI.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :

Vanishing Point

DreamBigDreams@mac.com

7920 Scott Ave

Liberty, MO 64068

US

Phone: 816-305-2188

Fax: 999 999 9999

Record expires on 26-Dec-2007

Record created on 26-Dec-2005

Database last updated on 17-Oct-2006

Allright, I am not a coder, I am a scientist, a Nanotechnologist to be precise,

and all the things for me are still tying up. The value of GPA = pi, The fractals, the singularity, the notebook, and the blackholes like looking pic on notebook, are all inculded in the part of the blackhole singularity calculations,

One more interesting thing, Looking at these tags on google, I found a website discussing this, the best part as I scroll down the site, It just vanishes, :blink: :woot:

You guys should check this out, there are a lot of calculation on this one. Anyone care commenting on the stuff I am putting up or am I just banging my head and going in the wrong direction. I am sure I can tie the fractals, the blackholes, singularity and everything in one equation.

http://lofi.forum.physorg.com/Fractal-form...d-try_9083.html

Try scrolling down and tell me if its a coding mistake, does someone mind looking at the page source code :no:

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :

Vanishing Point

DreamBigDreams@mac.com

Well that pretty much assures it is not part of this game, the last thing I can see is Microsoft & Mac working together for a viral promotion, ya know?

Try scrolling down and tell me if its a coding mistake, does someone mind looking at the page source code :no:

The text keeps getting smaller because of the nested quotes. I suspect that the CSS uses a relative font-size for the <blockquote> tag which causes the text to "disappear" (i.e. become extremely small) at some level.

has anyone noticed the book thats been cut of like 1/4 off ? at 1:06 you can ssee this.

its a penguin clasics book

herodotus

the histories

or is that how the books been produced ?

Actually the site you linked to that does get smaller, if you have IE7, you can increase the size. Make it 400% and you can see all of it. There is a link at the bottom. Click on it and it takes you to http://wwwaom.blogspot.com/ The first sentence of this page reads "Further evidence come from Herodotus description of creation of land of Egypt and Lake Moeris".

Herodotus is the book on the nightstand.

hmmmm

Nice find TheRA! That's incredible whether it has to do with the game or not, but the link to Heroditus... Wow. Ok, time to read.

Edited by Accipitridae

Actually the site you linked to that does get smaller, if you have IE7, you can increase the size. Make it 400% and you can see all of it. There is a link at the bottom. Click on it and it takes you to http://wwwaom.blogspot.com/ The first sentence of this page reads "Further evidence come from Herodotus description of creation of land of Egypt and Lake Moeris".

Herodotus is the book on the nightstand.

hmmmm

Thanks a lot, that encourages me

I dont beleive this is a mere coincidence, that the last blogspot site leads to the book, was the book shown after notebook or before it, I guess now is the part where we look and search the net. After all this is a GEEK community :yes:

Nice find TheRA! That's incredible weather it has to do with the game or not, but the link to Heroditus... Wow. Ok, time to read.

Thanks

http://wwwaom.blogspot.com/

So on this site. Even common words like "suddenly" are italicized. Any idea why. Anyone wanna take a guess or see how many words or if it leads to something. I still refuse to beleive it is a mere coincidence that it leads to the Herodotus book from the last blogspot.

Keep digging people, I am diggin the site too. The last post is particularly interesting. Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the page. I am going to watch the video again.

Sweet wrapers - These are in different colours and her words abouts things of value when you see them - hmm - are they to represent gambling chips - does anyone know the value of the colours ? do they give us some numbers.

Do the odd happenings in the video give us numbers we can work with - maybe extensions on that phone number from before.

The linked page just found - read the bio at the side, strikes me to be written in riddle ?? Just does not read normal.

Thinking !!!

Sweet wrapers - These are in different colours and her words abouts things of value when you see them - hmm - are they to represent gambling chips - does anyone know the value of the colours ? do they give us some numbers.

Do the odd happenings in the video give us numbers we can work with - maybe extensions on that phone number from before.

The linked page just found - read the bio at the side, strikes me to be written in riddle ?? Just does not read normal.

Thinking !!!

Well, the man is from Latvia, so if it doesn't read normally it's probably because his english is not very good... which was the impression I got from his mathematical theory. Good thinking though. It is possible that while this was meant to be found, it's just a clue for the game. Remember we are still only in the preawareness. This is intended to get us ahead of the rest, not to win.

red = $5, green = $25, black = $100, pink/lilac = $500, yellow = $1000, brown = $5000

335887112_441898055c.jpg

335887115_38ea94d78f.jpg

Red Hatty pointed out this picture to me tonight:

335905338_4b8d1b10d9.jpg

It's possible the chocolates are generic and the wrappers belong to the hotel where they filmed this scene. It wasn't filmed in Las Vegas (she said she has a plane to catch, TO Las Vegas). So, what Southern California hotel (or national chain) has red logo and chocolates for turndown service?????

That blog is just that. A person's blog. Nothing we have been shown in this puzzle trail was created online prior to Oct 25 (when the vanishingpointgame.com website was registered). If it was registered last year (i.e. vanishingpoint.com, .net, .org) or a blog with entries from before Oct, then it's a really good chance it is OOG (again, that means "Out Of Game").

It makes for some interesting background material to learn about space-time travel, mathmatical theories (and if we learn something, maybe that will help if there is some math test involved during the live meet - for which I'll be ****ed, cause I HATE math). The stuff in the notebook, for example. That could be important.

BTW: It is considered poor form to post personal contact information in a public forum (like the Whois data for an OOG person); better to just link to it.

Edited by konamouse