The PRE game fun...

One short notice: Next week will be about magic.

Yep. Makes sense now that we know that her name is LOrelei KItsune. Kitsune's are magical creatures. :)

Something else I've noticed. She's definitely Japanese. Could just be that she could read it, based on the Japanese text in the first video (on the Bellagio webpage printout), but Kitsune's are Japanese werefoxes. Dunno if that will matter or not, probably not.

Actually, I'm thinking this is the end of the trail until next week...

/on_the_run states that this "is not part of the challenge"...so I don't think this is the case

Wasn't it discussed earlier that in a video Loki appeared to be a cat? I haven't seen it, but is it possible that the image was of a fox? Would continue along the Kitsune line...

Should we do anything with the other flights?

I've thought about that. The next flight is tomorrow from vegas to LA on Southwest Airlines. I figured I could call the airport and page Loki, but I doubt the airport is going to participate with thousands of overhead pages to loki. I also doubt they would use a live conversation in this setup. Anyone have spare time to head to the airport tomorrow in vegas and look for loki?

Loki is the mythical being of mischief, being a creation of fire, having hair of fire or being associated with fire.

Kitsune are foxes with the ability to assume human form employing this ability to trick others, but also portrayed as faithful guardians.

In Mythology both are Tricksters.

From Norse, and Japanese folklore.

This information has lead me to believe that there is a conspiracy taking place involving Mozilla having to do with FireFox. (j/k) I really haven't a clue :pinch:

Could someone PM me the IRC channel where the VPG is being discussed. :D

http://www.hwa.org/Runes/AllRunes.shtml

loki rune here

Rune 03:

3 - Signals

Messenger Rune

Loki

Self Transformation begins with the messages from the Inner. Listen.

Spirit communicates in gentle essence through all of Life. See.

--If Reversed:

Futility and Confusion are merely the mind's offer to clear.

When the well runs muddy it's not because the water isn't clear.

I very much doubt MS would have anything to say about Firefox on this scale, however it's worth baring in mind with all this that it all started on the IE Blog.

What was posted on the IE blog was to be used with cipher keys. Not by itself and it was posted on other sites...like hive.net. I think it was just done because it is popular/visible so that people like me who got boxes would find it.

just my thoughts

/on_the_run states that this "is not part of the challenge"...so I don't think this is the case

You're negelcting the "When the time is right, I'll ask a question" part. That's probably next week, when the next phase starts. These sorts of games always come in waves.

Jesus ... sometimes I feel like a complete retard.

Inanimate things holding retaining traces of things long after they've disappeared. And the message was on the AMD phone system.

She's alluding to the prize ... your name on the processor.

Wow way to go team! I get distracted by work for half a day and we have opened up a new chapter by making contact with one L. Kitsune. The pieces are coming together. :)

I just will add more confusion... kitsune - as some one said is fox in japanies culture... but even better (after french wikipedia, babelfish translation) "...Among people of the north of Europe, the fox is one of the animals emblematic of Loki, Scandinavian god of fire and the ill will. In addition, vixen would seem to cover one Dise/matron with the Rhine...." and we have Rhine and another quote from french wiki about Rhine "...In this section, the valley of the river is tightened and boxed, it is what is called the "heroic valley", dominated by many medieval castles in charge of history and legends (in particular Lorelei)..." and this time Lorelei (murmuring rock).... heh :blink:

I just will add more confusion... kitsune - as some one said is fox in japanies culture... but even better (after french wikipedia, babelfish translation) "...Among people of the north of Europe, the fox is one of the animals emblematic of Loki, Scandinavian god of fire and the ill will. In addition, vixen would seem to cover one Dise/matron with the Rhine...." and we have Rhine and another quote from french wiki about Rhine "...In this section, the valley of the river is tightened and boxed, it is what is called the "heroic valley", dominated by many medieval castles in charge of history and legends (in particular Lorelei)..." and this time Lorelei (murmuring rock).... heh :blink:

Seriously, though. 42 really rooted this character in some deep folklore. Pretty cool.

For anyone still interested in the itinerary - it's a little interesting since she's not always flying to a release site (the locations listed on the site) in time for the release.

Jan 11 - Las Vegas to Los Angeles on Southwest

Jan 18 - Los Angeles to Austin, TX on American (the austin release is on the 13th)

Jan 24 - Austin, TX to Denver, CO then Denver, CO to Seattle, WA (in time for the 27th release) on United

Jan 28 - Seattle, WA to San Jose, CA on Alaska

Did someone not pay attention when making this fake itinerary or is there a reason she's going late to Austin (rather than onto San Fran, Toronto, Singapore, London, or Berlin)?

I have no ideas, but at least it's out there now...

For anyone still interested in the itinerary - it's a little interesting since she's not always flying to a release site (the locations listed on the site) in time for the release.

Jan 11 - Las Vegas to Los Angeles on Southwest

Jan 18 - Los Angeles to Austin, TX on American (the austin release is on the 13th)

Jan 24 - Austin, TX to Denver, CO then Denver, CO to Seattle, WA (in time for the 27th release) on United

Jan 28 - Seattle, WA to San Jose, CA on Alaska

Did someone not pay attention when making this fake itinerary or is there a reason she's going late to Austin (rather than onto San Fran, Toronto, Singapore, London, or Berlin)?

I have no ideas, but at least it's out there now...

Actually, it makes perfect sense. Loki, despite all of her talents, can't be everywhere at once. Several of the overseas events are at the same time, so it make sense that Loki herself wouldn't be conducting them.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. Loki, despite all of her talents, can't be everywhere at once. Several of the overseas events are at the same time, so it make sense that Loki herself wouldn't be conducting them.

I was referring to the fact that the Austin event occurs on the 13th, but she's not getting there until the 18th and her itinerary doesn't allow her to be at ANY of the releases on the 20th - she'll still be in Austin. Uless she's driving to singapore...

I saw her at the keynote at CES, she wsa in the front press seating area, that i missed out on.

I was referring to the fact that the Austin event occurs on the 13th, but she's not getting there until the 18th and her itinerary doesn't allow her to be at ANY of the releases on the 20th - she'll still be in Austin. Uless she's driving to singapore...

Good question. Well, quite frankly, I think the only events that she will be "at" are Las Vegas and Seattle. The others are events done multiple times, but honestly, that's all just speculation. Still, since the itinerary does correspond to the single-run events, it stands to reason.

Isnt that the end of the puzzle cause are we not supposed ot find her identity? Because One of the Microsoft directors said that he wont tell her identity because it is part of the puzzle and the person who gets her identity wins. Or is theres more anout her vanishing point?