The PRE game fun...

This may be just me grasping at straws here but after watching the loki movie (the one after you complete the puzzles) I notice she keeps her head at such an angle that a green reflection keeps showing up in her glasses.

At first I thought it was just a light but it actually appears like something else. Eh...long day at work so I may just be grasping for anything at this point.

This may be just me grasping at straws here but after watching the loki movie (the one after you complete the puzzles) I notice she keeps her head at such an angle that a green reflection keeps showing up in her glasses.

At first I thought it was just a light but it actually appears like something else. Eh...long day at work so I may just be grasping for anything at this point.

the green is actually from flourscent lights, the anti-reflective coating on glasses turn lights wierd colors like that by diffusing the light differently.

No your not the only one to motice this and i would do something about it myself but i don't have the stuff to

I was sort of thinking, has anyone gone back to the OLD pre-game websites recently? she said "funny how the inatimate world retains traces of things long after they've dissapeared." I'm gunna take that as a clue to look back to something we were at before instead of always looking forward.

Well....don't have time to look through ALL 185 pages for all assumptions and speculations SOOOO I say we've hit a wall thus far.

We've called, emailed, and decoded and im pretty sure all we can do now is wait for Loki's next move.

Gonna just wait for something new or until the 13th. Until then....looks like the word for our next clue is Lorelei.

I hate to be rude, and I'm not replying to anyone in particular, but I'm just going to assume that people aren't reading any of the already solved stuff, and just not respond to anyone that's "behind". The information that's been discovered is all here, and after more digging, it's clear that we're now just waiting for the next phase. It's a good time for people to go back, re-read, and make sure they're up-to-date for Monday.

I am trying to catch up.

I emailed Loki at vanishingpointgame.com

got: Life is a mix of work and play. You've found play...

~L

-Obvioulsy not her work address

Reply to loki at microsoft.com got: subject: Getting Warmer message:

Hmmm. Not quite what I had in mind. Try harder - then listen closely.

~L

All old news...

v-loki at microsoft.com emailed that one off the email that was returned to me. That was the address. - No reply yet.

Throwing out random ideas...if something were stored and I wanted to see them online I'd go to the Internet Wayback machine... Just a thought.

I hate to be rude, and I'm not replying to anyone in particular, but I'm just going to assume that people aren't reading any of the already solved stuff, and just not respond to anyone that's "behind". The information that's been discovered is all here, and after more digging, it's clear that we're now just waiting for the next phase. It's a good time for people to go back, re-read, and make sure they're up-to-date for Monday.

why monday?

Huh. Weekly updates, an interesting web of websites, calling various phone numbers, having things sent to you...sound like another Microsoft project from 2001.

I guess I'll have to waste my time on this too.

I'm guessing this is an old clue, but has anyone been to lokivanishes.com? It mentions Las Vegas and has a BMP of a barcode on it.

It's hosted by 1&1, and of course, has private registration.

Huh. Weekly updates, an interesting web of websites, calling various phone numbers, having things sent to you...sound like another Microsoft project from 2001.

I guess I'll have to waste my time on this too.

Copy cat come up with own username

just kidding :)

I'm guessing this is an old clue, but has anyone been to lokivanishes.com? It mentions Las Vegas and has a BMP of a barcode on it.

Funny i never even thought of going there and i don't think anyone else has

just in case though read the last 200 pages

Very nice work everyone... I never thought of actually CALLING Microsoft and ASKING for Loki... seems too untechnical :p. I think the AMD message is just telling us something. Since the wikipedia article shows that lorelei means murmering rock, when she says "the murmering rock project is on hold", she's really saying "the loki project is on hold"... so maybe she wants us to call back once the next puzzle is unlocked.

Funny i never even thought of going there and i don't think anyone else has

just in case though read the last 200 pages

I think someone else mentioned this.. it was registered by a different company, so it appears to just be a fan site.

Lokivanishes.com is quasi-in-game, though I don't know that the significance of the barcode was every explained. The text on the page is almost a verbatim quote from Loki. However, nothing that is truly in-game has ever referenced the site, so it's hard to say for sure if it's legit.

To answer the earlier question ("Why monday"), Monday is when the next phase of the game starts. When all the puzzles are solved, we're sure to get another video from Loki and that'll start us all running again. Either it will ...

1) Link to where we've stopped and we can pick it up again, or

2) Make us realize that we've missed a key detail along the way and have us backtracking.

Anyway, those of us heavily involved are pretty sure that we're at a stopping point now, and Monday is the obvious point for it to start up.

Oh ... and by "catch up", that's not to say that you shouldn't try to solve the puzzles on your own, but quite frankly, there's no point. You'd be better off just reading about it, learning about the logic that was involved, and preparing yourself for the next phase.

Oh ... and by "catch up", that's not to say that you shouldn't try to solve the puzzles on your own, but quite frankly, there's no point. You'd be better off just reading about it, learning about the logic that was involved, and preparing yourself for the next phase.

I would disagree there. Since the chance of winning a prize is quite slim (and will keep on getting slimmer the more media this gets), the puzzles make up most of the game. Yes the puzzles have already been solved, but I think it's worth it for people to have fun trying to solve them themselves :D.

Lokivanishes.com is quasi-in-game, though I don't know that the significance of the barcode was every explained. The text on the page is almost a verbatim quote from Loki. However, nothing that is truly in-game has ever referenced the site, so it's hard to say for sure if it's legit.

To answer the earlier question ("Why monday"), Monday is when the next phase of the game starts. When all the puzzles are solved, we're sure to get another video from Loki and that'll start us all running again. Either it will ...

1) Link to where we've stopped and we can pick it up again, or

2) Make us realize that we've missed a key detail along the way and have us backtracking.

Anyway, those of us heavily involved are pretty sure that we're at a stopping point now, and Monday is the obvious point for it to start up.

Super Rob i've been helping since the end of the pregame and about a week before the vegas thing.

I asked why Monday because the countdown ends on Saturday and i was telling the other guy to read the pages and solve the puzzles that i already have and yes i agree right now we're pretty much at a dead end until time to come

The site lokisys.com is really interesting because when you move your mouse up to contact it says contact loki; i know that thats the company name and all that but the hard puzzles are usually the ones in front of our eyes. Contact Me who is me Loki makes sense... I think anyways just to check i sent an email will update if i get a reply.

EDIT loki@lokisys.com failed :( guess every1 is right time to wait for the next phase. And ive been here from the start reading every post so nothing for me to do, i've went through all the puzzles GAH cant wait for next launch:)

And one more thing GOOD JOB NEOWIN pleasure to be talking with very intelligent people here. And les give neowin a team win.

The site lokisys.com is really interesting because when you move your mouse up to contact it says contact loki; i know that thats the company name and all that but the hard puzzles are usually the ones in front of our eyes. Contact Me who is me Loki makes sense... I think anyways just to check i sent an email will update if i get a reply.

if something i live 40 miles away from that place

Yeah I'm gonna have to venture a guess and say that this site is out of game. Just an instinct.