[Soccer] Winter Transfer Window

nice to see Carew in the Premiership he will be a big problem with his height and he also has some skill as well. I remember he scored this hilarious backheel for Lyon against Real :laugh:

and by then West Ham will be in the Championship :laugh:

Aye thats so true...tho by then he would of gone...he gets released if we go down :D

The window closes tomorrow night. It has been a bit boring this year to be honest :/.

Yeah I agree noone really impressive moved around...:s

Apparently West Ham bid 18 million for Bent, which Charlton turned down. That is an insane amount of money to turn down. Unless they think that having Bent in there team would save them from relegation, which would see them net more than 18 million in Premiership money.

So West Ham want seven or eight strikers now :p?

Apparently West Ham bid 18 million for Bent, which Charlton turned down. That is an insane amount of money to turn down. Unless they think that having Bent in there team would save them from relegation, which would see them net more than 18 million in Premiership money.

So West Ham want seven or eight strikers now :p?

Yeah I saw that and laughed then cried...haha...waste of money imo Bent is good but not that good it would make him be more costly then some of the big transfers of past...pointless tho we have Ashton who will eventually come back plus harewood,blanco,zamora,sheringham,tevez...weird tho it was curbs that took him to Charlton....

Martyn livepool got a couple more?...well 1 I think...another youngster and a defender?

Yeah I saw that and laughed then cried...haha...waste of money imo Bent is good but not that good it would make him be more costly then some of the big transfers of past...pointless tho we have Ashton who will eventually come back plus harewood,blanco,zamora,sheringham,tevez...weird tho it was curbs that took him to Charlton....

Martyn livepool got a couple more?...well 1 I think...another youngster and a defender?

You have...

Tevez,

Harewood,

Zamora,

Sheringham,

Blanco,

Ashton,

It is weird how West Ham still want more strikers, unless they are going to play 4-2-4 then it really is pointless! Strikers need to play, and if they do not play they will not be happy bunnies. In my opinion your best strike force is Tevez and Ashton, Sheringham is past it and Harewood and Zamora are not good enough for a team whose aim was to be pushing for Europe at the start of the season. I do not know much about this Blanco fella though. The reason Tevez is not being given a fair chance have to be to do with the MSI deal (like Mascherano).

I think Liverpool have signed about six players this transfer window. We have signed about five youth players, and today we signed a more established defender from Deportivo (Alvaro Arbeloa), but I do not know much about him, he will probably just act as cover for Finnan. As for the other players, they are mainly players for the future...

Astrit Ajdarevic,

Jordy Brouwer,

Daniele Padelli,

Emiliano Insua,,

Andras Simon (trial),

Sebastian Leto (unconfirmed),

We have also been linked with a few other players. It is good to see us building for the future. Apparently we can complete the Mascherano signing soon as well, on an 18 month loan deal :D!

Excellent news, FIFA have given us special dispensation to sign Mascherano, now all we need is permission from the Premier League and he is all ours for at least 18 months :D! Great news, I rate Mascherano as one of the best defensive midfielders in football.

Excellent news, FIFA have given us special dispensation to sign Mascherano, now all we need is permission from the Premier League and he is all ours for at least 18 months :D! Great news, I rate Mascherano as one of the best defensive midfielders in football.

Yea I agree, if anything it's good to see a professional football player actually being allowed to play football at last.

Darren Bent is coming to the Toon. Not this window, but in the Summer.

We also won the award for the best signing; some 7ft American with the nickname 'Gooch'. Quality :rofl:

Excellent and Sad...Excellent because now he can finally showcase his talents and sad that it isnt West Ham doing the playing...I rate him very highly and I wanted him to be a major part this season and its a shame he never got that chance...so who we getting in the late completions...it seems trying for Upson one more time :unsure:

Mathew Upson will be leaving Birmingham!

EDIT: Confirmed ?6m for Upson on 4 Year Deal rising to ?7.5m if all clauses are hit and ?500k release if down...

Edited by Rappy

EDIT: Confirmed ?6m for Upson on 4 Year Deal rising to ?7.5m if all clauses are hit an?500k release if down.../b>

Better hope you do not get relegated then, otherwise you will be up poo creak without a padd;) ;).

Better hope you do not get relegated then, otherwise you will be up poo creak without a paddle ;).

We will...its crap he is rated at 3m at best Upson...Arsenal will be happy as well with their sell on clause...crappy crap crap :(

I can't believe we (Newcastle) just sat and watched Upson move to West Ham. Quality player, and with our current injury situation, a very much needed player :(

What do you guys think of Ronaldo joining Milan? i'm kind of excited about it, and hope he does well.

Ronaldo is one of the best strikers in in history, and I still rate him. I think he will be huge hit at Milan, it will be nice seeing him play with Kaka as well.

Ronaldo is one of the best strikers in in history, and I still rate him. I think he will be huge hit at Milan, it will be nice seeing him play with Kaka as well.

Yeah on his day he is very good...its just that Capello just thought he was fat and didn't want to play him...ok he gained weight but if he can still cut it he's worthwhile to any team...

you're right, watching him with Kaka could be very exciting to see. I think there is a good atmosphere for him at Milan, esp with the brazilians that are around.