The worst MacWorld ?

So, all the waiting for :

1) Apple TV at $299

2) Apple iPhone at $499 (4Gb) or $599 (8Gb)

3) End of Apple Computer, now it's Apple Inc.

That's it. Nothing else. No new iPod, nothing about OS X (iLife, iWork), no new hardware....

It's probably the worst MacWorld I've ever seen. The phone is cool, but the price is over the edge. And I wonder how long it will take to scratch or break that screen.... Lets not talk about all the smudge on it from fingers...

BOOO. :angry:

The iPhone is the first widescreen ipod/phone/browser/web communicator

Hardly a let-down

Yea it's nice but what about the people that already own a phone and iPod.

I'm impressed with the iPhone (even though it's way too expensive). Apple TV (DUMB name) is a yawn right now.

Yeah (N) for me.

Not a mention of OS X. I've had the Macworld countdown on my dashboard for over three months just to see what Leopard was going to be like. What, now we wait till WWDC? That can't be right. Spring my arse.

Guh. Yeah, this is the worst Macworld I've seen.

Huge disappointment. Not a word about iLife '07, iWorks '07, or even OS X. The iPhone is a beautiful product, but it comes with poor battery life, and is limited to only one network, Cingular. Maybe someone should tell Apple that Cingular isn't the only wireless network and not everyone has Cingular. If this had been available for Verizon Wireless, I would have hopped on the Apple banwagon with every other Apple fan*** and bought one, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay $200 to break contract with Verizon just to get a $600 iPod that can call other people. No thank you.

1/2 out of 10 stars for this joke of a keynote. :x

Huge disappointment. Not a word about iLife '07, iWorks '07, or even OS X. The iPhone is a beautiful product, but it comes with poor battery life, and is limited to only one network, Cingular. Maybe someone should tell Apple that Cingular isn't the only wireless network and not everyone has Cingular. If this had been available for Verizon Wireless, I would have hopped on the Apple banwagon with every other Apple fan*** and bought one, but I'm sure as hell not going to pay $200 to break contract with Verizon just to get a $600 iPod that can call other people. No thank you.

1/2 out of 10 stars for this joke of a keynote. :x

Those of us with Verizon will never get cool phones like this probably because of CDMA which uses a hunk of battery life.

I think the iPhone is sweet and the Apple TV is pretty cool too.

It would of been nice to see OS X 10.5, iLife '07 iWork '07... I was looking forward to a few other rumors like they were suppose to say something about there displays (was hoping for a price drop), and I wanted them to announce a 8 core version of the "Mac Pro". Oh well we know all that stuff is coming 2007 anyways, it just would of been nice to see some of it.

if they included leopard content, itll be informational, but useless. since it wont be out until mid 07, then ilife would come at the same time, and everything else leopard related. however nothing being out in the market RIGHT NOW is quite a disappointment

Strongest case for worst Macworld ever?

No ".. and there's one more thing." A staple of Macworld keynotes!

GAH! I can't get over no Leopard!

Yea, this is a very poor macworld. They only announced one product, and the product cannot even be purchased by everyone. Anyone in a rural area cannot get this new iPod/Phone, so not sure I would really consider it a new iPod. I live just 30 miles from Cingular, but because of where I live almost 90% of the state cannot get Cingular. They should have made it a unlocked quad band phone to work on any network. They should have dual partnered with a rural Carrier like Alltel (who has the largest wireless network) to get more product availability out.

the iTV/AppleTV was already announce and not new. Very disappointing.

-Luke Angel

Those of us with Verizon will never get cool phones like this probably because of CDMA which uses a hunk of battery life.

Why would you say CDMA uses more battery life?? I always found them to be pretty comparable.

I might be jumping away from Sprint to Cingular, haven't decided yet. I've been really happy with Sprint but I can get a special deal through Cingular - and I'm really craving a BlackJack.

Yeah I love the phone but my biggest anticipation was finding out about the "secret" features of Leopard.

And the phone's not CDMA for Verizon :(

also "AirPort Extreme Base Station" was relased today. wirless B/G/N... since when was N final? because it definitely doesn't say pre-N anywhere.

also "AirPort Extreme Base Station" was relased today. wirless B/G/N... since when was N final? because it definitely doesn't say pre-N anywhere.

AFAIK, its not final.

Yeah I love the phone but my biggest anticipation was finding out about the "secret" features of Leopard.

And the phone's not CDMA for Verizon :(

Ditto on both things you said. Cingular has cooler phones but a worse network than Verizon. At least it did a year ago when I switched back to Verizon.

I REALLY wanted to see the new Leopard stuff. Particularly, the rumored new UI.

im only dissapointed because i have no way of using one of them gorgeous iPhones. inked a 2 year contract with verizon and was operating under the assumption that the iPhone would be gsm and cdma =( .. damn.. damn.. damn..

>(

i was hoping at the very least they'd release a slimmed down version that was just a touchscreen iPod using the same motion technology for $300'ish... this is probably the first macworld where I have not purchased anything...

damn..damn..damn.. lol i have to stick with my ugly zune for how many more months????!