The worst MacWorld ?

The iPhone is a beautiful product, but it comes with poor battery life

You people REALLY need to learn to read the specs. The TALK TIME is 5 hours. That is on par with most other smart phones, and acutally better than most of them which have talk times around 3.5 to 4.5 hours. The play time for music is on par with the iPod. Where is this supposed "poor battery life"?

Anyone in a rural area cannot get this new iPod/Phone, so not sure I would really consider it a new iPod. I live just 30 miles from Cingular, but because of where I live almost 90% of the state cannot get Cingular. They should have made it a unlocked quad band phone to work on any network. They should have dual partnered with a rural Carrier like Alltel (who has the largest wireless network) to get more product availability out.

You don't get more rural than most of Mississippi, and I've never had any trouble at all with Cingular here.

You people REALLY need to learn to read the specs. The TALK TIME is 5 hours. That is on par with most other smart phones, and acutally better than most of them which have talk times around 3.5 to 4.5 hours. The play time for music is on par with the iPod. Where is this supposed "poor battery life"?

You don't get more rural than most of Mississippi, and I've never had any trouble at all with Cingular here.

Yes, people are reading it incorrectly, however: 5 hours talk OR 16 hours music OR X hours video. If I spent 8 hours listening to my music, I probably cut talk time down to about 2 hours, give or take (probably give). Since it's an all-in-one item, the battery could have been improved more so than to give a little more than in that aspect than the competition. Don't the latest gen iPods have a 20 hour battery life? I've seen quite a few boast claims to this.

Cool features, mega price tag even with the two year contract. I'll pass :)

Maybe Apple still doesn't want MS to copy some features of some apps before it's released.

I thought about the Macworld one more time, and I think it was obvious that it would disappoint everybody. There was way too much hype around it.

TV Displays, updated cinema displays, Mac Pro with 8 processors, Leopard news, updated iPod, iPhone, iTV, iLife 07, Work, a new Airport Extreme, maybe a new iSight, and I know I forgot some others. It was just impossible to see all that stuff, let's face it. Apple may be IMO a quick company (they are making some nice progress these years and releasing a BUNCH of new stuff), but they still have limits, they're not God after all.

How they could change the iPod right now? All those people who got a 4 months old iPod at christmas, they would see a new iPod that's released? It just doesn't make sense and Apple guys would be asses to do that. It's like :

Our marketing plan was to get rid of all the 5.5G iPods before christmas, and then we would release a new iPod so everybody with a 5.5G iPod would not be satisfied and would buy it.

Leopard was scheduled to be released Spring 2007, it hasn't changed. It will still be released as expected. Don't worry, be happy. :)

iLife and iWork are still in progress, and I thought iLife was always released in February or something. Maybe it'll still hit the shelves in Feb then.

What has not been presented doesn't mean it doesn't exist ;)

What's funny is that Vista is being released on schedule and Leopard wasn't even mentioned. Got to wonder what that's all about, huh.

What planet have you been living on for the last 4 years or so? Vista is being released over two years later than originally scheduled.

What's funny is that Vista is being released on schedule and Leopard wasn't even mentioned. Got to wonder what that's all about, huh.

I don't know how to say this so I'll just say it.....

This *has* to be one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read here at Neowin.

I have pre-ordered my Apple TV and I will be one of the first kids on the block when the iPhone is released in June. I aluded to this in another thread but I wouldn't expect the average Neowin member to get too excited about Macworld 2007. Don't take that as an insult.....it is simply a matter of demographics.

I currently have an Alienware Media Center PC but it's 'kinda clunky and overkill for the most part. TV-tuner cards are essentially a waste of time until such time as they are able to perform DVR functions *and* display content in other than craptastic analog. Apple gets this and that's why Apple TV does not perform these functions. It *does*, on the other hand, seamlessly integrate with iTunes and allow users to watch and/or listen to downloaded content streamed to their widescreen HD TV. If you don't have a widescreen HD TV then this device probably won't appeal to you but trust me.....there are *plenty* of guys like myself who will get one the day they are released. Apple does do their homework 'ya know.

Oh yeah....anyone in the market for an Alienware Media PC give me a shout. I'll give 'ya a 'smokin deal.

Yea it's nice but what about the people that already own a phone and iPod.

something like... give a ****?

if sony ericsson bring out their new 3 mpx cybershot walkman cellphone, noone screams out "aaawww! new developments! what about the folks who already have a cam, a phone and an mp3 player?!"

:) you see what i want to say?

for me this macworld was a bit disappointing aswell, while "disappointing" sounds so negatively... im in love with the iphone, apple tv is cool, apple inc, i dont really care, sounds kinda nice though. i am glad no new macbooks were announced (dont care about anything else atm), mine is pretty much one or one and a half months old but no leopard infos, that sucks...

but infact i can just second that:

My god will people ever stop moaning. iPhone was a huuuuuge announce!! Whether you interested or not, you can't not be satisfied with that?

not every keynote or macworld is supposed to kick out a revolution like the ipod back then.

although a phone by apple kinda is a very HUGE thing. :)