• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Swift Refresh colors added back in

Jase    130

Sweet :D

Stephen    38

cool thanksies:P

ste

how get your whip out an get em monkeys working on the new layout

ste

Allan    33

I like the greens ... using Shift and Swift Green so it matches ... when Red comes to both, I'll use it again ... or Black

Orange    123

Yes!!! love my RED :devil:

Timan    554

Updated some of the lite graphics, just gotta do the postbit bottons and its done.

shockz    5,800

Timan... like the lite skin... when updating the images... don't forget to do the post options button thingy... its showing the swift images and not light images.

none_needed    0

Well done! (Y)

Fred Derf    217
Updated some of the lite graphics, just gotta do the postbit bottons and its done.

Yeah, I wondered if I used to have cached images or something.

I can't really disable signatures as a staffer but it would be fairly light if I did so.

The only thing that might be nice would be a smaller header. Perhaps only the last three news items/blog entries?

+M2Ys4U    97

There's only a 106 BYTE difference between the lite and normal themes on this page.. not very lite is it?

chavo    1

The lite theme rocks. I don't think the idea is too make it lighter in size, but just a less gradiented look. A nice simple theme. Maybe change the name to simple or something and make a text only "Lite" theme for the 2 people still on dialup.

Edit... Got a wierd double post thing there speaking of site issues. It doubled the text of my Quick Reply.

Ferret    6

Glad to have the midnight color back :)

IceDogg    3
There's only a 106 BYTE difference between the lite and normal themes on this page.. not very lite is it?

I was just wondering about that. The biggest reason I wanted to use lite was to help cut back on Neowin's bandwidth cost. It looks great and all but I'd like to help save bandwidth if I can. I know some think it doesn't make that much difference but believe me it does over time. I have hit counters setup so I see what things use the most bandwidth and Neowin's graphics is about 10x more then any other site. And I do use Youtube and other sites with video occasionally. And I'm sure I'm not the heaviest user on here. If more used it the savings would be huge, I'm sure of it.

as for Lo-Fi version it guts neowin to much I can't even function in that version. Great in an emergency but not going to work as my main skin.

Maybe chavo is right it should be called simple instead of lite. Only other thing to make it fit with lite is the color.

Just IMHO

MGS4-SS    0

Now the Lite version is sex, great work guys!

Quillz    1,011

On Black (at least), it's very hard to rate a topic, because the star images are missing.

Timan    554

You guys have it wrong, lite isn't supposed to be a 56k friendly version. Its more like a flat style. Something that looks more minimal. And do make sure you clear your cache.

Reason lite won't be that much smaller in file size (least at this time), is cause of all the bloated JS stuff they added in IPB. We could disable that, but I'm sure functionality would be broken all over.

Damo R.    29,658
You guys have it wrong, lite isn't supposed to be a 56k friendly version. Its more like a flat style. Something that looks more minimal. And do make sure you clear your cache.

Reason lite won't be that much smaller in file size (least at this time), is cause of all the bloated JS stuff they added in IPB. We could disable that, but I'm sure functionality would be broken all over.

I might give the Lite version a go...:)

Fred Derf    217

If it were possible to drop the javascript code related to thread ratings (or other similar extra features) from the Lite skin then I think that might be a good idea. We could always switch to another skin if we wanted to rate a Movie Thread (or something). At least it would help those that browse of their portable device.

what    326

Loving the Lite theme :D Not entirely sure why; nice break from the default I guess :p

chavo    1

Yes I agree the lite theme is the best. I had used it for years until they started the upgrade process, it's great to have it back. It's even there for the front page, lovely!

Slimy    13

Hmm, the lite theme sure is faster than the other themes. I might use it at school. But the black themes goes so well with the graphite theme on the front page!

Aero Ultimate    2
Wooo :p

Am i the only one using violet then? :shiftyninja:

No, I'm with you there :cool:

It seems were's the only two?though with?such a refined taste (or perhaps the others are just colour blind:laugh:gh: ?)

Anyway, the extremely annoying?mouse-over row highliting is finally gone - great job:yes:yes:

Martyn    5

Loving the black.

Kreuger    107

Hurray. Thanks guys.

Andrew Lyle    336

the problem i have with the new themes.. is the link colours.

In the default theme, the text is black, but links are blue (Y)

im using the midnight theme.. so the text is black, so are the links! i can't tell what is a link and what isn't unless i hover over. it's annoying if someone adds secret links inside a post.

Fred Derf    217

The secret links are secret in Black as well as Midnight. Lite shows them properly (like Swift Refresh Default Blue).