Most frustrating game you've played?

The Myst Series.

Incidentally Myst and Riven have been the most satisfying games to complete (I kinda got lazy and never finished 3 or 4, and haven't tried 5, but they're still excellent).

-Spenser

I remember when I was a kid I played the Lion King game for the PC. I could not for the life of me get past this one level with all the hyenas. I played that same level for days and kept getting stuck at the same spot, I just didn't now where to go.

Battletoads (NES). Finished once and never again, even when using an emulator for the save/load states, i guess that one time planets aligned or something lol

Mine recently would definitely have to be Battlefield 2: Modern Combat! for the 360. The single-player is so damn frustrating and hard. I only play online since I get soo ****ed off when playing single-player.

Project Eden. Easily the worst game I've ever played. The puzzles were just plain annoying, The multitude of glitches were unbearable, controls were awful, very frustrating to play a game like that. Oddly enough me and a friend would play the Co-Op mode and try to complete this crap-fest as a sure challenge, knowing how bad it was for some reason we both took joy of poking fun at it with each new level.

Later tony hawkes where certain challenges ask you to string together precise moves. Sometimes the amount you have to do is insane and I can never pull it off.

Ohh and farcry's 2nd last level where youve lost all your guns and are given an assault rifle with about 6 bullets and have to get through a forest of monsters. Those things are hard enough to kill with a full clip and impossible to outrun. I reloaded that sequence dozens of times.

May I add baldurs gate 2. One of my fav games ever but my frustration came after what must have been 100 hours and then all my save data got corrupted (every save file). I was shattered and havent touched the game for 2 years until yesterday and I'm gona try get back into it.

Ohh actually I'll add doom3. I hate any game that relys on stupid enemy spawning instead of logically constructed sequences (add sin episodes here too). Doom 3 drove me nuts with enemies appearing from nowhere and the pitch black rooms so you couldnt see them.

FFVII!

Never did beat it :( I didn't have a memory card back then either...so PSX was on all day and all night for weeks!

wow that's pretty funny and sad at the same time.

For me, it was Battletoads. Just kept running out of gas when I played it on NES.

I got as far as the dark tower a few times but I just didn't have enough lives to get 'er done. :(

Marble Madness (NES) I couldn't pass level 4

Same here. Think I got to level 3 or 4 and just couldn't get past it. Spent months on it, too.

Paperboy as well. That game always got me after the 2nd stage.

Otogi and Otogi 2.

I've beaten all but the very final level of Otogi.

I'm still stuck on that damn boat level in Otogi 2. And I bought it when it first came out in the US.

Gotta be the monkey island games for me so frustrating wen u spend hours looking for what to do next ;;)

:yes:

Adventure Island...for the NES

Back in the day when i did play games...mm.. medal of honor.

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault... so annoying!

Far Cry got way too hard for me.. only made it about 1/3 of the way before i quit and started w/ Godmode. fun game after that!

Doom 3 got too hard for me about 2/3 way through...but the end was rather easy :blink: