Most frustrating game you've played?

I'm going to give a +1 to Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. Borrowed it from a friend, sucked at it, got killed repeatedly, returned it to said friend.

I'm all up for a challenge, but jeez, let's be reasonable.

Ninja Gaiden (xbox) for me too.

I owned that game for a total of 3 days and took that crap back.

Also, I think the most anger-inducing game of all time is Halo 2. Having some mouthy little, cheating 10 year old calling you a bitch (or worse) just drives me to the verge of blind rage.

So many games over the years... In no particular order

I remember Medal Of Honor, one of the earlier ones perhaps it was Allied Assault, I was just stuck on this road near a house, and never figured out what had to be done next. What was worse was it was definitely toward the end.

Silent Hill The Original - As much as I tried, I never beat it.

Far Cry - One of the if not the last level on the PC with all of the damn Rocket Shooter guys and platforms was insanely hard. Finally did beat it after like two nights.

Joust - Love it as a kid. Sucked then. Bought it for XBox Live Arcade. Cannot get past Wave 7 or 8 I think it is.

Super Mario Sunshine - Just gave up on it, had no clue what to do next.

Another nod for Need For Speed Most Wanted - Got to a certain number on the Black List, and just could not come close to beating it or even wanting to beat it.

Project Gotham Racing / MotoGp for the 360 - I was never a huge fan of the more "realistic" racing games, but I bought both of these games at the time for my 360. PGR I finally got the hang of after days of struggling, but then stopped for awhile, tried it recently and sucked all over again. MotoGP - Gave up after about 4 days of sucking horribly. I tried so hard to just get it, but never could.

All Grand Theft Auto games. I say these because even though they were not all that hard, with each and everyone I just got to the point I did not care anymore, which was frustrating.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals as a single player. I got right to the very end after much slaving away to get there and could not beat the second to end boss and just gave up on it completely.

There are many games that I can remember playing through the years that I haven't even finished completing, due to extreme level of hardness. Here are some of the games that I have had frustration over the years. You could also say they are my partial failures :pinch: :

• Warcraft (PC) - I have never been able to get past the third level for as long as I can remember. The game was incredibly slow and incredibly frustrating. You must have god like reflexes just to create units and send them against the attackers. Then again, when I played the game, I was 8 years old :pinch: .
  • Motorhead (PC) - Motorhead was a futuristic racing game that had beautiful graphics at the time of its release in 1998. Sadly, I couldn't enjoy it that much as I could never get into the second division. I was so frustrated at the time that I just put it away in a dark corner to be forgotten for a number of years. Later, when I was older (and wiser), I dug out the game out of its dark hole and started playing it gain. Took me 1 hour to complete the game and unlock all the cars available. Shows you how bad I was at the time :pinch: .
  • Zork Series (PC) - Now the old Zork where you had to use the Command Prompt to play the game wasn't that hard. Problem is, I had trouble in trying to imagine where I should go and how to open locked trapdoors when there doesn't seem to be a key around. Zork Zero was the most frustrating of the lot. Why is there a dumbbell in the Main Hall :blink: ? Suffice to say, another of my failures though that said, I did enjoy Beyond Zork. I finished that game but not before meeting the Grue a number of times. Damn, that casket gave me nightmares... :pinch: .
  • Myst (PC) - The game was beautiful, no doubt about it. I just loved going around the island and looking at everything there is to see. Problem is, that was the only thing I was doing. How can I get to the clocktower on the small island when there aren't even instructions left in the library? Oh wait, you suppose to use the telescope and point it to the world you're going to. How was I suppose to know? Then again, I did finish the game so this isn't exactly a failure. Though I hate those two stupid brothers in their stupid books... :pinch: .
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) - I don't know about you but those flying lessons put me off playing games for quite some time. Why do I have to fly my stupidly unstable airplane into a small corona? Can't you see I went through it? Ugh, after trying to do it again and again, I went and cool off in Las Venturas by cursing innocent bystanders with my SMG. Now, that was satisfying :laugh: ! Later, I completed those flying lessons and enjoyed flying for the first time. Another game that was completed but made frustrating by stupid flying controls.
  • Resident Evil 4 (PS2) - This game isn't exactly frustrating. It was more tedious in a way and made you load a lot of times. This is because sometimes in the ingame movies, button controls would come up and you would have to press quickly or else see you gruesome death. Here I was relaxing in to seeing the story and before I know, I've got a headless character and the screen with the bloody red words saying"You're dead" come up. I enjoyed the game though, one of the best I played. It's just marred by that stupid thing.
  • Diablo II (PC) - I don't think I have to say much about this game, especially when playing nightmare or hell difficulty. My Sorceress was rendered useless when they had elemental immunity so I got use to seeing her sprawled on the ground, in a not nice way... :pinch: .
  • Commandos (PC) - Ever heard of this game? I can guarantee you it is almost impossible to finish without using some for of cheat. One mission summed it all up - you must assassinate a Nazi General who is guarded by almost a 100 guards without being seen by any German soldiers. Sure what's so hard about it since you've got the Green Beret, Spy, Driver and Sniper? Why not throw in a couple of tanks, some snipers or maybe even a minefield? Oh, let's throw in a time limit as the General's got a meeting. Or add that your escape vehicle is an ice cream truck. Suffice to say, one game I have never completed and will never complete for as long as I live, probably :pinch: .

As for others who say NFS: Most Wanted is hard. It can be hard at first but after a while you get use to the difficulty and slowly improve your times. It happened to me ;) .

Scirwode

Games like Karaoke Revolution, DDR, and Guitar Hero on harder settings. Most other "normal" video games aren't to hard for me.

Certain songs on DDR, like Legend of Max, on heavy is just effing ridiculous and there's no point.

venture (coleco vision), gauntlet (nintendo), populous (genesis); back when saving games wasn't an option.

Oh yea... Prince of Persia: Warrior Within; because, in contrast to the first amazing revitalization, this game was chock full of crap. Sh*tty music, sh*tty game play, stupid story. In fact, I was actually angry when I started playing it. Seriously.

Quite a few, but I can't remember what they all were :p

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PC)

Cop chases and pursuit milestones drive me insane! the amount of times I nearly get the milestone or just when I'm about to get away I get busted :(

Starcraft (PC)

More likely cause I was simply a crap player, but I found this game extremely hard.

Dead or Alive 4 (X360)

While this game is fun, it is also very hard...

Project Gotham Racing (Xbox)

The game was a masterpiece and was good fun to play, to begin with the game is quite good but once you hit about 50% completed it becomes incredibility hard/frustrating, to this day I still haven't finished it.

WipeOut: Fusion (PS2)

Great game but I lose my patients with this one very quickly, I spend more time blowing up then actually racing :p

Homeworld (PC)

Great game, but about 25% in it got too hard and I gave up on it :p

Well that is all I can think of right now, I'm sure there are more though...

Commandos, absolute lies.

Indeed. My brother however finished playing Commandos II. Even my sister manage to finish it! Considering I was scarred by the first game, I haven't found the courage to pick it up and play it :pinch: .

Scirwode

Uhh...hmm...Rainbow Six 3. Ugh. I got to the third level and died of exhaustion.

Bomber Raid (sms)

Abe's Oddysee (psx)

WHAT? Abe's Oddysee was great! It was like a mix of action and thinking!

Shame what happened to OWI :cry:

My most frustrating game is Trauma Center on the Nintendo DS -

****!!!!

There's one mission where you've got to extract a strain of virus that reproduces from "thorns" that form trianglular cysts on the patient's organ.

And there are like 25 of those triangles that you have to remove from some noob's placenta...the method to extract a triangular piece is to pull out all of the thorns that surround it with the forceps, as well as neighboring thorns to prevent reproduction. Then, you switch to the scalpel, and cut the triangle's sides to free it from the placenta. Then, you switch back to the forceps to pick up the cut pieces of triangle, 1 at a time, and place them on the trash bin.

Anyway, you have to be careful, because if you don't extract the thorns straight out of the patient, they vaporize and you have to use a suction tube to suck up the vapors before they leave the screen and cause you to fail the mission. As well, the triangle cysts reproduce about once every 3 seconds, AND you have to keep your patient's heart rate up with medicines, AND if you leave 2 thorns beside each other along a line of a triangle, when you extract a triangle the cyst will grow over what you just extracted, and then some. And, if you don't cut accurately, or mess up when you are pulling out a triangle, the patient takes a health-hit and you lose precious "heart rate".

You have 2 minutes.

I have failed every time. I've stopped playing that game. :(

Edited by Khaz