Prizes!

Hello all! I am from Indiana and received a package from MK saying I was a potential first prizewinner. The package was delivered via FedEx last Thursday. I played Vanishing Point about half way through, but relied on answers from here for everything after the first box. THANK YOU! I did a lot of research on Marden Kane, because I thought it might be a scam. I even called Erica Valdellon at MK to see if her phone number was real. She called me back yesterday and said that I was an "alternate winner", and that since the prize was valued at more then $600, I had to send the forms in. It wasn't until I read this thread that I decided to go ahead and mail in my personal information. I will be sure and keep you up to date on what I receive. I will also check back here to see if people actually start receiving their prizes.

Thanks again!

People are still recieving letters that they won? or is this a joke?

Great, so I am gonna get taxed on the current value of the zune and next week the Zune 2.0 is gonna come out and mine will be worth $5....wonder if I will get it while it still has any value.

https://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=39394

Your not gonna get taxed on your Zune!

Great, so I am gonna get taxed on the current value of the zune and next week the Zune 2.0 is gonna come out and mine will be worth $5....wonder if I will get it while it still has any value.

https://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=39394

Your not gonna get taxed on your Zune!

People are still recieving letters that they won? or is this a joke?

I really hope not! They said I was an alternate winner. I assume that this means one of the first prize winners didn't claim thier prize. We'll see. :whistle:

On the official winners list at www.vanishingpointgame.com there's only 9 first prize winners listed. We know Jason He more than likely got disqualified so that means a further 5 didn't reply in time. Looks like yuo're one of the lucky 6 that got picked as replacement winners. Grats!!!

On the official winners list at www.vanishingpointgame.com there's only 9 first prize winners listed. We know Jason He more than likely got disqualified so that means a further 5 didn't reply in time. Looks like yuo're one of the lucky 6 that got picked as replacement winners. Grats!!!

Thanks! :D

Congrats to you also! Your system will rock, no matter what the configuration is. I'm hoping for the Dell desktop/XBox package. Hopefully I won't have to wait as long as you did for the letter confirming my prize. I sent Erica an email asking her to let me know when she gets my info. But, I haven't heard anything yet.

-J

I'm from Singapore and I finally received my Fourth Prize today via UPS Express.

The 3 Microsoft games include Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, Age of Empires III and Zoo Tycoon 2.

They arrived without the retail box.

Did other Fourth Prize winners get the same games too?

I'm from Singapore and I finally received my Fourth Prize today via UPS Express.

The 3 Microsoft games include Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, Age of Empires III and Zoo Tycoon 2.

They arrived without the retail box.

Did other Fourth Prize winners get the same games too?

you are the first person to report receiving anything at all, congratz!!

At least someone received something. I won the Grand Prize and still haven't gotten a thing yet. Congrats for getting your games. Hopefully this means that the rest of us will start receiving ours soon.

you are the first person to report receiving anything at all, congratz!!

Thanks.

Now I think that the games may have arrived in their original retail packaging.

Do Microsoft Games come in a smaller packaging than other games?

Its sort of like a DVD case, only it is much thicker.

congrats on getting your prizes. i do hope that the rest of us receive our prizes soon. i'm going to be sending my xbox 360 in for repairs this week, so hopefully i get my 360 prize this week as well so that i don't have to miss any gaming ;)

I was out today when my prizes arrived via UPS, they wanted ?28 import duties paying. Sent them back and will be finding out what the deal is with that. Fact is I doubt I will play the games so if I have to pay that for 3 games not in boxes that I can't sell on, I don't think I will bother.

Sent an email today querying the charges, also received this today. I have a feeling it's a massmail rather than in response to mine. Nice to see it will be getting sorted though. :)

post-110545-1177511172_thumb.jpg

Just received this mail :) Good news, nice to see it's all being sorted even for those that paid up :)

Dear Microsoft and AMD ?Vanishing Point? Sweepstakes Winner,

UPS has been made aware of the request to have international winners pay additional fees for taxes and duties upon delivery of their prize. In our efforts to rectify the situation for you, please note the following:

1. If you have yet to receive your prize, you will not be affected by this situation and should not incur the additional cost for your UPS delivery. If you are asked to pay for these fees, please notify us immediately.

2. If UPS has already attempted to deliver your prize and you have refused delivery due to the additional cost, UPS will re-deliver the prize without any cost to you. If you are still asked to pay for these fees, please notify us immediately.

3. If UPS has already delivered your prize and you have accepted the charges, please respond to this email with the following information:

-First Name

-Last Name

-Cost incurred to pay for additional fees for taxes and duties. *You are also welcome to fax us a copy of your receipt to (516) 365-5250, Attn: Erica, however this is not required. This cost will be compared to the statements provided to us by UPS.

If you would like to contact us, please send us an email at msinfo@mardenkane.com.

On behalf of our client, Microsoft Corporation, we apologize again for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Marden-Kane, Inc.

I'm one of the 4th prize winners and of course I'm still waiting for my prize.

Today I got an automated call from UPS saying I would be receiving a package from Arrowhead Promotions tomorrow. I'd imagine it'd be possible that Marden-Kane has subcontracted to them for prize distribution. Just wondering if anyone else has received a similar call or if perhaps I've won something else unrelated and I'll still be waiting for my games. (not that more free stuff is bad, I'm just tired of waiting)

Today I got an automated call from UPS saying I would be receiving a package from Arrowhead Promotions tomorrow. I'd imagine it'd be possible that Marden-Kane has subcontracted to them for prize distribution. Just wondering if anyone else has received a similar call or if perhaps I've won something else unrelated and I'll still be waiting for my games. (not that more free stuff is bad, I'm just tired of waiting)

I sent Erica an email requesting my tracking number and called UPS myself, it's rearranged for delivery today with no import charges :) Fingers crossed all will go well. Can't complain too much for free stuff although it is pretty frustrating.

I got a similar call just now. At first I was like "huh???". After I thought about it some I realized that it was probably the prize. Unfortunately I can't sit around from 8am to 7pm waiting for a package tomorrow (or any other day) so I hope they let you sign the card and they will leave it at the door the next day.

question for anyone who has ever e-mailed erica at marden kane...how long does she usually take to reply? i sent her an e-mail a couple of days ago and was wondering when i could expect a response from her.

I got mine today. UPS tired Friday and I wasn't here. I about didn't get it today as well because they keep trying at the same time they made the first attempt. (Witch is stupid) Lucky for me that my uncles son is one of the top guys at one of the UPS processing centers. He was able to get the package from the driver and deliver it to me. I'm installing Flight Simulator as I type. I might play Age of Empires 3 online later tonight. Anyone want to join in?

question for anyone who has ever e-mailed erica at marden kane...how long does she usually take to reply? i sent her an e-mail a couple of days ago and was wondering when i could expect a response from her.

I've only emailed her once. I got a reply four days later. I have left her a voice mail message two times. She replied to the first one the next day and I'm still waiting on the other.

Finally got my package all sorted and delivered today. Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, Zoo Tycoon - Zookeeper Edition and Age of Empires 3.

I'm happy. Might of taken a while to get sorted but i've lost nothing for waiting :)

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody's posted in quite a while... so seriously, has nobody heard anything? My prize letter from MK said I'd have my 1st prize delivered in 6-8 weeks. It was dated 3-21. I should know better than to take that too seriously, but 8 weeks is today, right?

It's not that I'm not appreciative, but the anticipation is killing me.

(insert appropriate emoticon here)

Nobody's posted in quite a while... so seriously, has nobody heard anything? My prize letter from MK said I'd have my 1st prize delivered in 6-8 weeks. It was dated 3-21. I should know better than to take that too seriously, but 8 weeks is today, right?

It's not that I'm not appreciative, but the anticipation is killing me.

(insert appropriate emoticon here)

Same here, nothing yet. I fired off another email to Erica asking if she'd heard anything more about my previous questions (spec of the PC, whether I'll get UK or US versions inc transformers etc) and if there was an update on when we can expect delivery. As soon as I get a response I'll post it up :)

:D

I knew I was an alternate first place winner, but I still haven't received a letter from Marden Kane letting me know which prize I had won.

Today the wait is over! I received a package via UPS from Arrowhead promotion. It had a note inside that said;

CONGRATULATIONS!

As a first prize winner of the Microsoft and AMD "Vanishing Point"

Sweepstakes, enclosed please find your:

"Dell Windows Vista Laptop" Prize, consisting of a Dell Inspirion 1501 AMD powered Laptop, equipped with Windows Vista

(Please note that your Microsoft Zune digital media player, a Microsoft Xbox 360

gaming console, three (3) Games for Windows game titles, a Microsoft LifeCam VX-

6000 web cam and Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007 software are being shipped in a

separate package shortly)

On behalf of Microsoft Corporation, we thank you for your participation in this

sweepstakes and wish you continued good fortune.

What was in the box: A Dell Inspirion 1501 laptop with Windows XP home loaded on it, Microsoft Vista ultimate, and a Dell laptop case.

I was hoping for the Dell desktop, but I really can't complain at all.

I hope everyone else receives their prizes soon!

-J