First review of "300"

Spielo ever made an opinion of your own? I saw it, yes it was a bit over exaggerated but why would I care, it was a fun enjoyable film and I have no complaints. The visual style was a nice change and no complaints there. I've recommended to all family friends etc. and no complaints from there. Yes this is my opinion blah blah blah so don't go jumping on my back for being a 'fanboi' and a 'gayer'...

I quite liked it. Maybe abit more of a plot or an ending where you see the Persians getting their assed whipped woulda been cool.

But hey, still a great movie - some pretty good ass kicking

• 2 weeks later...

Most overrated movie I've ever seen in my life. Goddamn hype...

The only worthwhile scene was "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

You have severe issues.

Great movie.

Simple minds are easily amused - I know this contradicts my second comment here about "SPARTAAA!" LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just watched a nice HD x264 of "300" . . gotta say this is one movie I will have to splurge on the actual HDDVD . . very nice quality, looks so nice on the home theatre.

It looked like 80% of the movie was CGI. I wonder if the men's "perfect" body was also CGI.

BTW, great fantasy like movie with great action shots. I expected a little bit more though.

7.5/10

• 1 month later...

I finally rented it, to see what all the excitement was about. I really wanted to like it, I loved 'Sin City', and I really wanted to at least like the '300'. Wow, I never was so bored. I wanted to stop half-way through and go to bed, but stayed-up to see if anything good happened. Nothing ever did. I guess the problem was that I never really cared for the characters. Whether they lived or died, it really didn't matter, and that was kind of the crux of the movie.

This was one over-rated movie!

Maybe movies seem different if you watch them later, and not during the time all of your peers are saying, "ZOMG11"

Now I'm dreading renting 'Transformers', after all the hype on Neowin!

• 4 weeks later...

I watched this last night, and was blown away. Wow. So epic.

The actors had such force and power, the film was beautiful (i swear you could pause it at any time and the image would be beautiful), and although it was 2 hours where no real story was told, it was 2 epic hours of nothing much happening, which more than compensates.

It sure as hell rocked. 5/5

It looked like 80% of the movie was CGI. I wonder if the men's "perfect" body was also CGI./quote]

You are correct about the CGI, except the "perfect" body part :) I read somewhere they went intensive training for a month? or 2 months - to get that body..man, I wish I were picked to play in that movie, then I have a motivation to get muscles like that ^^

to be honest, 300 bored me to death, simply because i just don't like that kind of scenery, haha...

boy, even one of those home shopping channels on TV are more entertaining to me.

hah, yea, i might be unnormal xD

what i DO like is this "This is Sparta" stuff, for example also on neowin floating around... ever so funny :p

Glassed Silver:mac

Obviously the writer of the review isn't up on the history behind the story.

Lol. "Like 300 dudes kill like a million other dudes" or something like that. The Battle of Thermopylae really happened.

I still haven't seen it but I've seen some choice shots and the 300 rap.

My brother's room has also been nicknamed Sparta.

It was a funny enough read.

I watched the flick again in its BlueRay glory and this movie still delivers ! what style !!?!