Yes, vista ultimate.

Quote - (BlackEagle1984 @ Feb 15 2007, 17:34)

Not sure if I am using an older version or not, but does this build fix the problem of windows vista not being able to set the program as default program for torrent files. I have to drag and drop each one into utorrent under vista and every time i start vista up utorrent asks if i want to make it my utorrent my default torrent program.

I remember having that problem a while ago. Are you on Vista RTM?

Not sure if I am using an older version or not, but does this build fix the problem of windows vista not being able to set the program as default program for torrent files. I have to drag and drop each one into utorrent under vista and every time i start vista up utorrent asks if i want to make it my utorrent my default torrent program.

Close uTorrent if it's open and start the registry editor as admin.

Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and create a new key called .torrent

In the right pane right click on (Default) and select modify and type uTorrent

Again in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT create a new key called uTorrent. Right click that key and create 2 more keys called DefaultIcon and Shell. Right click the Shell key and create a new key called open and another key in the open key called command.

In the DefaultIcon key modify the (default) to point to the path of uTorrent. C:\X\uTorrent.exe for example.

In the command key modify the (default) to point to the path of uTorrent. C:\X\uTorrent.exe "%1" for example.

Close the registry editor.

Can anyone actually provide any proof regarding all this dodgy behaviour from uTorrent? If not then be quite, because as morca007 said they are unfounded.

They've made it up basically (The whole thing stems from the main developer getting a jobl, the company he worked for used to be anti-p2p, the whole conspiracy theory started from that)

If a company complying with the law makes them "evil" and "bad", then Google, MS, Apple, Sun, etc. are "evil" and "bad".

Talking about the unlearned and uninformed.

The MPAA and RIAA haven't bought uTorrent, what the **** are you talking about?

Did I say MPAA & RIAA bought out uTorrent??? Re-read my paragraph once more my friend, I said "Bram Cohen bought it out"!

You my friend need a pair of glasses.

Did I say MPAA & RIAA bought out uTorrent??? Re-read my paragraph once more my friend, I said "Bram Cohen bought it out"!

You my friend need a pair of glasses.

Yes, you did:

as well as MPAA & RIAA who bought out uTorrent

Yes, you did:

What I hate is people who are "selective" readers. Too bad our education system is so f***ed up that you can't read a sentence!

I said......

Bram Cohen, maker of bloated BitTorrent, huge supporter of movie studios as well as MPAA & RIAA who bought out uTorrent

I stated that who? (Bram Cohen), what? (maker of bloated BitTorrent), supports what? (huge supporter of movie studios as well as MPAA & RIAA), I'm still talking about the same dude as I went along, Bram Cohen, get your glasses on as we continue....(who bought out uTorrent) end of sentence.

Get it now? Did I make this easier than a Cave Man from Geico Insurance?

What I hate is people who are "selective" readers. Too bad our education system is so f***ed up that you can't read a sentence!

I said......

I stated that who? (Bram Cohen), what? (maker of bloated BitTorrent), supports what? (huge supporter of movie studios as well as MPAA & RIAA), I'm still talking about the same dude as I went along, Bram Cohen, get your glasses on as we continue....(who bought out uTorrent) end of sentence.

Get it now? Did I make this easier than a Cave Man from Geico Insurance?

Maybe you should be less selective with your punctuation then, since you let your sentence run on like that

Ha,ha, tin foil hat! I think a lot of you forget the eDonkey story and how the eDonkey client was REMOTELY CLOSED by the owner after releasing a few builds with a backdoor inside. So having a tin foil hat is not good looking but sometimes it works, personally i stick with the old version.

Zone Alarm gave me warnings about uTorrent requesting to send an email and personal information. Maybe its true.

Most likely one of your peers using the POP/SMTP ports to get around blockages on their side for torrents.

Zone Alarm gave me warnings about uTorrent requesting to send an email and personal information. Maybe its true.

because it used port 25