New Alphablended Os X Cursor Set In Xp Format!

I've had these cursors for about 9 months and have used them in Windows 2000 and they work just great :D

In the preview window they look all stuffed up but when you are actually using them they appear perfect :)

The "Hot Spot" for the normal cursor is a big wrong, It starts at the black tip, not the white bit,

Also I think the normal cursors white tip looks like its been chopped off, and the only cursors that have a shadow in 10.2 are the normal cursor and the rotating busy blob.

Oh and anyone trying to emulate the 10.2 cursors then theres no need for the Vertical/Horizontal Resize and the Diagonal ones because they are just the normal cursor.

Hope this helps anyone trying to make a Mac cursor set

Edited by AshUK

• 3 weeks later...

What program did you use to make them? I ask because I tried some Bluecurve cursors and I know the originals are real nice and alpha blended but the windows ported cursors aren't. The CursorXP theme is included here (rename .xptheme to .zip for the original PNGs) so if I knew what program you used they could be better ported.

Edit, never mind, Gif Movie gear done it :D

The "Hot Spot" for the normal cursor is a big wrong, It starts at the black tip, not the white bit,

Also I think the normal cursors white tip looks like its been chopped off, and the only cursors that have a shadow in 10.2 are the normal cursor and the rotating busy blob.?

Oh and anyone trying to emulate the 10.2 cursors then theres no need for the Vertical/Horizontal Resize and the Diagonal ones because they are just the normal cursor.?

Hope this helps anyone trying to make a Mac cursor set

wow this topic came back to life..

Anyways AshUK, I know what the real 10.2 cursors looks like, but this is windows not OS X so I made changes and added the appropriate cursors for this OS.

And Dazzla, I use AWicons.

Thanks for the comments people I'll be updating soon, I've fixed a few small issues.

Chris

I have had the package since the day you released it, but I totally forgot about it. Today, when I saw this thread, I thought I would do a little cursor customizing... and voila! Prettiness! THANKS!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Nice work. Are there any other cursors like these?

Dazzla's bluecurve cursors are nice.

Just search for bluecurve cursors in the search fiel:):)

Chris

I really like these! Good work.

I wish there was a way you can replace the reading CD icon though. Having it bounce back and forth to the white default w/ CD spinning to the normal black osx one is weird. Oh well..maybe something to actually look forward to with longhorn :rolleyes:

:)

-nic