Forceware Vista 100.65 WHQL (Beta)

interesting...any word on performance improvements? Anyone installed these yet?

By the way wd40,

I hate you for having that computer :p

ha I love this thing. I upgrade every 3 years or so and always go top of the line. Just waiting for the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 to be released and I'll be set for awhile.

Here is a pic of my setup: http://www.spazmatic.net/neowin/DSC00387.JPG

Edited by wd40

What about stability/features? With a build number increase of just 1, I can most likely answer my own question and say no new features and just as stable. :p

Download link's dead, NVidia asked them to pull the download. Doesn't say if it wasn't ready for release or if it has a system nuking bug, but just for fun anyone want to mirror it?

ya I bet they were pulled because they are WHQL and nVidia isn't ready for the WHQL drivers to be released yet.

Maybe they told them to pull them off the site as they don't want people to know that the performance/stability was about the same if not worse for everyone, and everyone expects the WHQL drivers to kick ass? :/

These are now on nvidia.com too:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_100.65.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_100.65.html

The changelog over 100.64 is really short though (as expected, perhaps):

• NVIDIA Control Panel: Application profiles do not work properly on systems with multiple user accounts

• GeForce 7 Series: 1080i overlay playback quality is poor on 1080i devices.

These drivers are WHQL certified though, so that's good news at least.

Cool, it looks like either since 100.64 or 100.65, my S-video out now suddenly works* in color and it takes my PAL setting!

I know this problem was shared by a number of others on the nVidia boards too, across multiple 8800 brands, so it didn't just seem to be my setup.

Sweet, this was one of the few "must have" things left for me.

lol, being happy over color picture... Shows where the level of these drivers still are :laugh:

* = regardless which one, that change was surely not documented, so you may wish to check out these drivers regardless of changelogs.

The official release for these drivers are out. The betas shouldn't be posted here, there are just too many of them. Its like bills you just don't pay that my attention to the unimportant ones just the serious ones.

The certifed drivers aren't much to get excited about. There little more than an minor bug fix release. Still beta by all means.

I have two, very expensive and, currently, useless 8800 GTX XXX series cards from XFX. Running these on Vista with these drivers in SLI mode provides absolutely no performance improvement. Is this the norm? Just wondering if anyone is seeing any performance boost in SLI on Vista. BTW, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

System: Athlon 64 X2 5600 (3.1GHz), 4GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Rev 2 Dual Channel, Dual XFX geForce 8800 GTX XXX series, WD Raptor SATA 150G & 74G Drives, Two Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 SATA 160G Drives in RAID 0, ThermalTake 750W PSU, CL Inspire 7.1 Speakers, Two Samsung SynchMaster 225BW LCDs.

The official release for these drivers are out. The betas shouldn't be posted here, there are just too many of them. Its like bills you just don't pay that my attention to the unimportant ones just the serious ones.

They aren't beta now and the links I posted are towards Guru3d's page with the same drivers as nvidia.

I am running x86 Business with my 7800GTX and the screen flips out occasionally (flashes, random artifacts) for a split second and then goes back to normal. Anyone else experiencing this? I've said this before, but its like a rave i don't want to be at.

I installed these drivers (using the modded .inf) on my Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop with GeForce 6800 Go, and Aero stopped working. I ran the Windows Performance tests and received a rating of 1.0. 100.64 works fine.