Neowindex 2007 - EU / US

Bad news folks. I won't be able to make the meet-up. Another priority event has come up that I must attend to (I'll announce it later). I will still be helping to organize though, so if you're coming, feel free to contact me.

Again, sorry I won't be able to make it out :(

All of the flights for Neowin staffers have been booked. There is no turning back now ;)

If you're going to be attending the US meetup, please PM me and we can work on coordinating a place to meetup. Chris Allen was doing this but work has got in the way of him attending.

Just a quick update on what i'm currently planning for the european event:

Were going to try to organize a sky/podcast with all the staff and members that are there, this is your chance to give your opinions on the topics of the day on the front page of Neowin during NeowIndex

I will be giving a signed photo (dont forget to bring your cameras ;)) of the european team & a 1 year subscription to the most original/funny question during the skycast.

The chance to see how Neowin is run and become a Neowin newsposter for an evening. An indepth look at what happens behind the scenes including:

-Demo of the Neowin CMS and forums

-Ability for members to post there own news to the live site and event blog*

-View how moderating the forums really works and an overview of the policies and procdures that all Neowin staff have to abide by before being let loose on the membership

-Talk to the real brains behind the design and coding of the site including Neobond (Steve), Redmak (Marcel), Dave Legg, and Rob (Rob Wright)

A Team Darts torni, with Teams of Admins, Newsposters, Coders vs members & invited guests from OSSN and Bink.nu

Im also bringing Microsoft branded freebies to give away to members that come along including:

Windows XP Epertzone community t-shirts (XL only)

XP Plus! Digial Media Edition (2 CD inc licence)

Windows XP branded Retractable headphones

Windows XP branded CD Cases holders

Windows XP branded retractable ethernet cables

We will also be on hand to answer and chat about anything else you have in mind, or just relax have a few beers and laugh your socks of at how something badly-funny always happens to me while im in haarlem (last year was like an episode of The Simpsons - with yours truly being a right Homer

*must be real stories formated and edited to Neowin's usual front page stories

Daniel, I thought we weren't allowed to talk to you about what happened last year?

Just a quick update on what i'm currently planning for the european event:

Were going to try to organize a sky/podcast with all the staff and members that are there, this is your chance to give your opinions on the topics of the day on the front page of Neowin during NeowIndex

I will be giving a signed photo (dont forget to bring your cameras ;)) of the european team & a 1 year subscription to the most original/funny question during the skycast.

The chance to see how Neowin is run and become a Neowin newsposter for an evening. An indepth look at what happens behind the scenes including:

-Demo of the Neowin CMS and forums

-Ability for members to post there own news to the live site and event blog*

-View how moderating the forums really works and an overview of the policies and procdures that all Neowin staff have to abide by before being let loose on the membership

-Talk to the real brains behind the design and coding of the site including Neobond (Steve), Redmak (Marcel), Dave Legg, and Rob (Rob Wright)

A Team Darts torni, with Teams of Admins, Newsposters, Coders vs members & invited guests from OSSN and Bink.nu

Im also bringing Microsoft branded freebies to give away to members that come along including:

Windows XP Epertzone community t-shirts (XL only)

XP Plus! Digial Media Edition (2 CD inc licence)

Windows XP branded Retractable headphones

Windows XP branded CD Cases holders

Windows XP branded retractable ethernet cables

We will also be on hand to answer and chat about anything else you have in mind, or just relax have a few beers and laugh your socks of at how something badly-funny always happens to me while im in haarlem (last year was like an episode of The Simpsons - with yours truly being a right Homer

*must be real stories formated and edited to Neowin's usual front page stories

can i have one just coz i wanna come but cant? :p

European Index

Neobond, Administrator (European Coordinator)

Redmak, Administrator

Daniel, Administrator

DaveLegg, Developer

Rob, Developer

creamhackered, Newsposter

Cashman, Newsposter

kinetix63, Moderator

Snyper Neowin Member

Any Neowin Member

If there is Beer involved. Im so there

im just kinda excited :D

I bet when "they" hear thst snyper is interested in coming they will move city and not tell me :laugh:

Lol. But I bet you and your "contacts" could find out anyways.

As a long time Neowin member, I'm still waiting for my PM for ticket reservations and hotel bookings. I think you guys need a keynote speaker. I am ill-prepared as the next guy would be expected to be. But you should be prepared to be amazed! I can do at least a 2-5 minute keynote about Neowin. I will promote myself for the remaining hour. So how about it?