Grand Theft Auto IV

I am thinking there could be kids spraying the grafitti onto the trains, now that would be pretty cool.

They could use that as a poke at Marc Ecko's game.

I hope they improve the behind the wheel view to look something like this:

It would be interesting if they did have a in-car camera angle like that.

Now i wonder wonder how far they will integrate the GTA-San Andreas character alteration (Beefing your character up, or making him fat etc.).

I do hope you're able to enter many of the buildings this time, would be quite a dauting task for Rockstar though...

BTW, I'm looking forward to walk around on the Statue of Liberty as I remember it was back in Deus Ex ;)

This game is going to be insane. From what I can tell from this trailer, there's going to be a lot of depth.

The graphics are outstanding considering this is a GTA game, where everything is free roaming.

This is probably going to be a hugely successful game.

BTW, I'm looking forward to walk around on the Statue of Liberty as I remember it was back in Deus Ex ;)

Statue of Liberty is a hidden vehicle, you can ride it just like in the Ghostbusters II movie :p

BTW, I'm looking forward to walk around on the Statue of Liberty as I remember it was back in Deus Ex

Is this New York or Liberty city? What are your takes? I saw the "Liberteen" which tells me that it could be Liberty city, and all the Cluckin-Bell and the phony ad's indicate that it is some revised version of a fictional GTA city. I'm not sure if there is a famous church in NYC like the one depicted in the trailer, but i do rember the one that looked similar to it in GTA3.

However the statue of liberty, Chrysler building, Time square-esk area, say it could be NYC.

Personally i think it's a revised or an enhanced version of Liberty City. I mean, for all we know that Statue of Liberty is some dude in a robe holding a beer and a laptop (It was facing the opposite direction). :laugh:

What are you saying? Liberty City is based on NYC, this is just a further update to Liberty City to be a better resemblance of NYC.

Is this New York or Liberty city? What are your takes? I saw the "Liberteen" which tells me that it could be Liberty city, and all the Cluckin-Bell and the phony ad's indicate that it is some revised version of a fictional GTA city. I'm not sure if there is a famous church in NYC like the one depicted in the trailer, but i do rember the one that looked similar to it in GTA3.

How about St. Patrick's Cathedral.....?

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/medny/stpat1.html

I reckon the new GTA will feature all the landmarks of New York City, or they wouldn't have been shown in the trailer...

To me itis a really blow that it's in Liberty City again blah.

Hasn't Rockstar said many times that all GTAs that follow the numbers are in Liberty City. That is the main story line.

The GTAs with subtitles (Vice City, San Andreas) are side stories in other cities.

Hasn't Rockstar said many times that all GTAs that follow the numbers are in Liberty City. That is the main story line.

The GTAs with subtitles (Vice City, San Andreas) are side stories in other cities.

GTA1 took place in all three.

im not sure if i like the fact that it is liberty city, i means its a good town in number three but to go from a enormous map from san andreas to the small map of liberty city will be a bit weird, i do hope they have expanded somewhat somehow... i mean i wonder were all the the new monuments like the time square bit will go...

Didn't they say people would look like the ones in Table Tennis? Cause they don't....

Its using the same engine as Table Tennis - the RAGE engine

If you expected the same graphics youre obviously ........ :rofl:

Literally just watched the trailer.. the engine there looks absolutely stunning! I doubt that any of that was pre-rendered, and I reckon that was a very quick showcase of the game engine. Why else would they quickly flash through parts of interior shots, show complex structures, busy streets, and demonstrations of amazing real time lighting effects?

I think it looks brilliant. Can't wait to play it. Even if it is 7 months away!!