101.41 nVidia Drivers for Vista (BETA)

Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, and known compatibility issues.

32-bit Edition (29.5mb):

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/101....bit_english.exe

64-bit Edition (42.0 mb):

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/101....bit_english.exe

Release Notes (1.2mb):

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/101....lease_Notes.pdf

Source:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_101.41.html

Edited by happymonkey

These drivers fixed tons of things and also broke alot of things that where working fine before :(

Ohhh! They mention a fix on corrupt display coming back from hibernating/sleep!!! I would so love it if that fixed my issue (though its not *quite* as they describe...perhaps itll still fix it!)

Thanks!

Edit: I attached a modded INF for x86 file so you can install it on all nvidia cards (I think..). Installed it on my GO 7800 GTX with it ;) Install through device manager

Just extract the installer (using winrar or similar program) and overwrite the nv_disp.inf with the one in this zip

nv_disp.zip

Edited by SkyyPunk

Any idea why GeForce FX 5200 isn't supported anymore? All drivers which came out this year don't support this card, although it's compatible with Vista (even Aero).

Any idea why GeForce FX 5200 isn't supported anymore? All drivers which came out this year don't support this card, although it's compatible with Vista (even Aero).

It probably still works with a modded INF or something. But Nvidia seem to have deprecated support for those cards (especially with Aero) so they can focus on their newer offerings.

man nVidia is really cheap with its driver offerings for the ol users.

These gave me a 10 fps gain with AA off in CS:Source on my 6600 GT. Yet, with AA set to 2x I saw no gain over any of the other previous Vista drivers. Still a long way from my XP benchmarks.

Secure Desktop switch seems a bit better, but still shows some flickering that I don't see on my laptop (Intel 950).

yeah i was wondering the same thing...its weird cause when vista was in beta nvidia released drivers that supported these cards...i really hope they ass support for the 5200

yeah i was wondering the same thing...its weird cause when vista was in beta nvidia released drivers that supported these cards...i really hope they ass support for the 5200

If you use the INF i posted above, it includes these cards in it, so it *should* work on your 5200's:

NVIDIA_NV34.DEV_0320.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200"

NVIDIA_NV34.DEV_0321.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra"

NVIDIA_NV34.DEV_0322.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 "

NVIDIA_NV34.DEV_0323.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200LE "

NVIDIA_NV34.DEV_0323.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200LE"

NVIDIA_NV34.DEV_0329.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (MAC)"

I wonder when they will fix the flashing text bug in Holdem. I really want to play that game xD

and is it working right with this drivers, i ask anyway myself, how they go whql in the last drivers version with that bug. and holdem poker was longer out allready tan the 100.65...

captureks0.jpg

The above continues to happen randomly whilst playing Titan Quest Immortal Throne / Titan Quest (versions 1.30).

When are Nvidia going to get their act together :s

Edited by ManMountain

/\ /\ /\ i used to have that issue with a few games, but it just went away after a while, remember that these are BETA drivers so expect a few niggles

captureks0.jpg

The above continues to happen randomly whilst playing Titan Quest Immortal Throne / Titan Quest (versions 1.30).

When are Nvidia going to get their act together :s

To make that go-away Reinstall the drivers. I find the drivers somehow corrupt themselves every so often. Requireing a reinstallation of the files. After that I'm good for a few days/weeks.

Worse still is my children are getting fed up with the Sims 2 crashing as well. I'm starting to miss x64 XP, it never crashed, ever.

Trying to remain patient. It just seems to be taking forever for Nvidia to overcome this.

To make that go-away Reinstall the drivers. I find the drivers somehow corrupt themselves every so often. Requireing a reinstallation of the files. After that I'm good for a few days/weeks.

Thing is, I only just installed these new 101.41 drivers (checks watch) about 50 minutes ago :s

100.65 Beta drivers are out now (20th Feb), these are a little old now. Although I'm still on 100.30. Do you think the newest ones will work alright on my Go 7600 with the modded INF file?

100.65 Beta drivers are out now (20th Feb), these are a little old now. Although I'm still on 100.30. Do you think the newest ones will work alright on my Go 7600 with the modded INF file?

you missed the 101 i guess ;) so its 101.41