First HD Episode of South Park

sorry, by "this" i meant the episode that they're releasing tomorrow :shifty:

and if you still want to know...season 8, episode 1, "good times with weapons"

So, if I were to change my Windows Live ID location to the US, I'd have access to all American marketplace content? Does that actually work?

I read somewhere that this is breach of T&C and a bannable offense?

I didn?t think it would be as big as 1007MB for a 20min cartoon:whistle:e:

If you download the HD episode you can download the SD version for free after... if there?s not much difference ill just keep the SD one as its only 25:DB :D

So you dont have the black vertical bars on your widescreen TV when you look at a 4:3 tv show or stretching the image to 16:9 giving people that chubby face look.

You seem to be confusing aspect ratio with resolution.

How would HD benefit southpark? Shoot...i see little quality loss when I download 30MB realmedia files of southpark episodes. The show doesn't need to be in HD but whatever.

First Ever South Park HD Episode Free on Xbox Live

Comedy Central is releasing the first-ever South Park episode in High Definition, available exclusively on Xbox Live, for free, for two weeks. It's available to both Gold and Silver Xbox Live members.

Beginning tomorrow, fans of South Park are going to see just how good Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman really look with the launch of the first-ever high definition episode "Good Times With Weapons." The free episode will go up sometime early tomorrow, and will end on March 20, at 7:59 am (GMT), March 19 11:59 pm (EST).

Starting March 20, Best Buy will offer free HD DVDs of the "Good Times With Weapons" episode with the purchase of any Xbox 360 console or HD DVD drive, through April 3, while supplies last.

Also for the first time ever, the newest episodes from Season 11 will be available uncensored on Xbox LIVE beginning March 13. Sweet! Or should I say *$%&!

The episode will be available in the following countries:

United States

Canada

Belgium

Netherlands

Hong Kong

Korea

Taiwan

Singapore

Australia

New Zealand

(Unfortunately, due to restrictions from Comedy Central, South Park in HD will only be available in English with no options for sub-titles.)

Source: Gamerscore Blog

South Park HD Coming to Europe

Great news for fans of South Park in Europe. Graeme Boyd, the European "Major Nelson", in his AceyBongos blog, offers up the news that the free episode will be available to Xbox Live subscribers!

From his blog:

You might have seen on Major Nelson that a free HD episode of South Park - called 'Good Times With Weapons' - is heading to Xbox Live Marketplace today courtesy of Comedy Central. Unfortunately it was originally only intended for North America, Australia and New Zealand, and some territories in Asia. The only European territories that were getting the episode were Netherlands and Belgium.

Well, you made your voice heard and we've listened - the South park episode will now be available in ALL European countries with Live! We want to send our apologies for the disappointment the original announcement caused amongst the European community but hope that making the episode available helps to ease that disappointment.

Couple of things to note - the episode is English-language only with NO dubbing or subtitles, and it's uncensored too, so don't be surprised if you hear the odd rudie.

As for the reason for the content not being made available from the start, there's a load of quite dull and long-winded reasons why sometimes we can't always offer content in every region worldwide. It's legal stuff mostly, and sometimes language barriers and so on. Major Nelson actually has a good round-up of this kind of stuff in his FAQs. Point here is that we have managed to make the content available in Europe, so thanks for your patience - but please do remember that sometimes there are very strong reasons why we simply CANNOT offer certain pieces of content in certain areas.

From my point of view, I think it's great that the community made its voice heard on this through Major Nelson and forums across the internet. I know it's not the best way to show it (I'd rather the content was just available to all of Europe in the first place), but this is proof that we can and do act on the wishes of the community. I know Major Nelson in particular has been instrumental in helping this decision being made, as well as a load of people doing lots of work behind the scenes.

So, basically, keep telling us what you think - and keep doing it with passion!

All that remains to say is: The South Park episode 'Good Times With Weapons' is available now, for free and in HD, in all European Live territories. :)

Source: Gamerscore Blog

Well, that's great news - If i could download it properly :s

I start the download, it goes super fast! Like 42% in 10-15 minutes. Then it just stops ...

I stop it and try to download some random trailer, even that's mega slow. 2% in 15 minutes ( 88mb trailer )

The live network has extremely unstable download speeds and i've had that since day one, even my friends says this.

I start the download, it goes super fast! Like 42% in 10-15 minutes. Then it just stops ...

I stop it and try to download some random trailer, even that's mega slow. 2% in 15 minutes ( 88mb trailer )

The live network has extremely unstable download speeds and i've had that since day one, even my friends says this.

maybe is cuz there's like 5 million folks more trying to download the same file at the same time? :laugh: :rofl: :p

Sounds like the 360 needs bittorrent :laugh:

I think P2P will be perfect for closed systems like 360 and PS3.

Yeah, P2P would be a nice idea, but it also means sacrificing a crap load a bandwidth. HTTP and FTP all the way

That is exactly what BitTorrent is preventing..

Allowing other (not MS) to upload to other peers..

Okay, finally got it downloaded.

I must say, all this talk about South Park wouldn't look good in HD, It's only a Cartoon etc. is all rubbish!

It looked awesome :D

haha :p Getting error code 80072ee2 now when I try to download it :p

I guess the live server is getting hammered.

About time that we got some good stuff over here :) I hope its the first of many!

I'm surprised how good it looks in HD! You don't really see more detail but it makes the lines so much more sharp and clearer. Looks much better IMO.

Holy crap, I just realised I love this episode! LET'S FIGHTING LOVE.

Edited by NegaC

Err... South Park = 2D Cartoon, does it really make a difference with normal def.?

yes makes a huge difference.

go check out simpsons movie trailer in 1080p HD, and tell me it doesn't look better than the 480p version.

the same applies here, everything looks better in high res. pixel perfect sharp lines, and vivid color.

Err... South Park = 2D Cartoon, does it really make a difference with normal def.?

Why the hell are you so anti-HD.

The reality is HD is coming and SD programming is slowly going to be phased out.

Almost every new show on the big networks is shot in HD, so why not have HD cartoons?

I'm downloading it right now, it seems to be going quite fast. Seems like the servers aren't getting as hammered anymore.