First HD Episode of South Park

I said I don't see much of a difference between HD-DVD/Blu-Ray and DVD. And unless you guys are watching something from the future, I doubt you do, either, IMO.

http://www.cornbread.org/FOTRCompare/index.html

And Live HD versus Live SD (same thing, but downloadable):

http://www.jakeludington.com/hddvd/2006120...comparison.html

Yes, you can obviously tell a difference. But I don't see enough of one to warrant buying an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray player at this point in time, personally. To each his own.

Nope, you are right :) Let's not adapt ... We should still be watching VHS! We can't spoil ourself anymore :)

And the difference is huge if your a videophile.

Nope, you are right :) Let's not adapt ... We should still be watching VHS! We can't spoil ourself anymore :)

And the difference is huge if your a videophile.

My goodness, you people can never just leave someone's statement as they were -- you always have to shove things in their mouths which they most definitely did not say. How about this: if you want to say something stupid, say it for yourself, don't pretend I said it, or even implied it.

I am a videophile. I own probably 500 DVDs or so and have seen at least a thousand I'm sure. To me, it's not a big difference. It is a difference, but I see no reason to adopt early. There are two unproven formats, and they're far too costly. You can spend your $200 for an add-on if you want, but I refuse.

I said I don't see much of a difference between HD-DVD/Blu-Ray and DVD. And unless you guys are watching something from the future, I doubt you do, either, IMO.

http://www.cornbread.org/FOTRCompare/index.html

And Live HD versus Live SD (same thing, but downloadable):

http://www.jakeludington.com/hddvd/2006120...comparison.html

Yes, you can obviously tell a difference. But I don't see enough of one to warrant buying an HD-DVD or Blu-Ray player at this point in time, personally. To each his own.

Well, in the LOTR comparison, the DVD is a lot more blurred even in the 480p shots. And the second comparison didn't have anything SD in it (wrong link, perhaps?). Though, I'm impressed with how good the Video Marketplace screen caps fared against the HD-DVD ones. I haven't downloaded any full-length movies from there yet, but I think I'll have to check it out now.

I can understand if you don't feel it's worth the investment to move to HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. Even though you miss out on the details, upscaled DVD's look pretty good for the most part. Besides, if I had 500 DVD's I'd hate to think about replacing even 1/4 of those.

Dl'ed it the other night but never got around to watching it till last night, right before The Pick of Destiny, which rocks, Jack Black is a funny mofo, but I do have to say, there's nothing better than South Park in HD! I wish Make Love notWarcraft was in HD. Still my fav episode yet!

My goodness, you people can never just leave someone's statement as they were -- you always have to shove things in their mouths which they most definitely did not say. How about this: if you want to say something stupid, say it for yourself, don't pretend I said it, or even implied it.

I am a videophile. I own probably 500 DVDs or so and have seen at least a thousand I'm sure. To me, it's not a big difference. It is a difference, but I see no reason to adopt early. There are two unproven formats, and they're far too costly. You can spend your $200 for an add-on if you want, but I refuse.

I agree with you on part of that, I'm not going to go waste all my money on an HD player or blu-Ray player and a butt load of movies. I'll wait, see hwo wins and then buy, besides, if I really want to see a movie in HD I'll Dl it on the XBL Marketplace and watch it for now. :laugh:

Dl'ed it the other night but never got around to watching it till last night, right before The Pick of Destiny, which rocks, Jack Black is a funny mofo, but I do have to say, there's nothing better than South Park in HD! I wish Make Love notWarcraft was in HD. Still my fav episode yet!

I agree with you on part of that, I'm not going to go waste all my money on an HD player or blu-Ray player and a butt load of movies. I'll wait, see hwo wins and then buy, besides, if I really want to see a movie in HD I'll Dl it on the XBL Marketplace and watch it for now. :laugh:

I saw PoD a couple days ago. Far surpassed my expectations. I always love Jack Black movies but that one was better than I thought it would be. Tenac iousD...damn that was a funny movie!

I liked the HD South Park. I'm surprised to actually notice a better picture with a cartoon in HD but is better. Plus, the widescreen format makes it more enjoyable. Looking forward to more of these.

I agree, after having my HD a week or so, I can safely conclude that SD looks comparatively like ass :p

Same here I just got my HDTV and I have no idea how I ever watched that SD crap lol. On topic this episode is one of my favorites and it looks a lot better at 720p.

Oddly enough I think cartoons are one thing that look great in HD. The clear lines make the difference noticeable. That said, being a cartoon...with the right scaling options (such as warsharpening) you can scale it to HD resolutions and retain a sharp image.