What will be the final name of "Vienna"?

Windows ME. The codename was millenium (Short name is ME)

Windows ME was not an operating system.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if someone got paid to tag the word 'Edition' onto the end.

• 4 weeks later...

Microsoft Windows Blue 7 and then have Green 7 and Red 7 for different versions like Basic, Home Basic, Buisness, Basic Buisness, Premium Buisness, Ultimate Buisness, Server Basic, Home Server Basic, Home and buisness server Ultimate, Premium, Home, Home Premium, Master, Ultimate, Wizard, Clerk, Ultimate 2, Windfall, Starter, Beginner, Elderly, Monumental, Sensational, Prison, Pirate. They might need to invent a few more colour shades for all the versions but they will work all that out in marketing.

Windows Vista SP2. Or maybe Windows 7

my guess would be a complete seperation from the Vista name.

WindowLess IV (*drivers not included)

Windows G (Search included)

I bust my brain on this one for the past 15 minutes. I looked at it from the angle of the focus of Windows 7, what it might be trying to solve, what is new in it to improve peoples experience on the PC. So far, we know that Windows 7 will improve PC syncing, include some form of virtualization for compatibility and management, roaming profiles across the network with deep integration with the live services to make working on any PC a "seamless experience". The ability to have access to your information, anytime, anywhere, any device [computer]. Vista's meaning was "scenic view" and beautiful experience, features such as AERO Glass, Search and Organization.

In the case of the Windows 7, the operative words are "seamless experience". How would you sum these two words up? Glide!

"Windows Glide"

seamless experience, access to information easily, anytime, anywhere, any device. Task are easy to accomplish, new ways of managing information, distribute and view it. Anyway, its just me trying to make an educated guess.

ok its getting called "Windows 7"

nothing to see here...please walk away.

Oh please. That's a codename.

But I think its a silly idea having "7" or "seven" as a codename. I can almost imagine the magazine articles now "The Seven Sins of Windows" or "Windows 7 is a sin" etc,

Now how about Windows Ladybug (since the common ladybug has seven spots) or Windows Belphegor. :devil: hehehe