What will be the final name of "Vienna"?

when i did a google search "VIENNA"...

i got this

link

Vienna is a freeware, open source RSS/Atom newsreader for the Mac OS X operating system. It provides features comparable to commercial newsreaders, but both it and the source code are freely available for download.

If Microsoft really wanna tick Apple off...

iWindows

Windows Lion

If Microsoft really wanna tick Nintendo off...

Windows Wii

Windows DS

If Microsoft really wanna tick Linspire off...

Lindows

Or they could just make themselves happy...

Windows 360

To enchance your Windows Security you must buy the special version...

Double Glazed Windows

For real time VIP security...

Bullet Proof Windows

Just to please the EU...

Windows EU Friendly Edition "Minus all new features" N

Agreed. This marketing nonsense needs to stop. I'd be happy with Windows7 or something simple like keeping the server / desktop differentiated like:

Windows Home 2009 Standard / Advanced / Ultimate

Windows Server 2008 Web / Standard / Enterprise / Datacentre

Vista was a dreadful choice of name - I hope they don't make the same mistake with Vienna.

Zoom7000:

If Microsoft really wanna tick Linspire off...

Lindows = is a Debian-inspired Linux-distribution

Edited by Master^IT

Well they wont... It will start by having a codename of some sort and then some fancy name.

It will not be Serenity as it is used by a movie: Serenity is a 2005 science fiction space western/epic film written and directed by Joss Whedon. It follows on from the cancelled Fox science fiction ...

It will not be Serenity as it is used by a movie:

Man you spout some crap. And so? Vista was a long established word (hispanic I believe). As is "Windows".

Cos there is a film you can't use that word again?

Windows Vista starts with 'VI' which is the Roman numeral for 6, and it's version 6.

Seven in Roman numberals is VII. Ok, so, that probably wont work. Maybe they'll go with something beginning with the letters 'SE'

run with that for a while. I'll be back in a few hours...

Lol I love that: "Windows Sexytime" lmao! :D

I thi nk they should leave it Windows Vienna tbh. I know they won't as they never really keep codenames (with the exception of Windows Live Skydrive). But I think Vienna sounds like a good name (allbeit similar to Vista).

I like nsames like "Vista", "Vienna", etc. :p They add a little extra to the product and make it seem much better (even though we all know Vista is a pile of ###### for speed and performance ;) )

I think Windows will keep the naming scheme like MacOS or todays Vista. Windows Vista, Windows Elephant, Windows Titan, Windows Eureka things like that...

I think next Windows should be called Windows Eureka

Also, i think that next windows release is going to kick ass...

I think Windows will keep the naming scheme like MacOS or todays Vista. Windows Vista, Windows Elephant, Windows Titan, Windows Eureka things like that...

I think next Windows should be called Windows Eureka

Also, i think that next windows release is going to kick ass...

We will find out in 5 years

Windows Vista starts with 'VI' which is the Roman numeral for 6, and it's version 6.

Seven in Roman numberals is VII. Ok, so, that probably wont work. Maybe they'll go with something beginning with the letters 'SE'

run with that for a while. I'll be back in a few hours...

good logic used to summarise