Ps3 Home Trailer

I would really like to be in the beta I wonder if its a public beta or internal only? I am part of their Gamer Advisory Panel thing I wonder if that will help.

this is crazy omg i cant wait for it! hopefully its not a long away feature... so glad i Pre-ordered ps3 now :o

I'm impressed, the first thing Sony actually did right! Would be interesting to see how Microsoft and Nintendo respond to this.

reminds me of IMVU (www.imvu.com)

You know it's funny.. Everyone is extremely impressed by this (even those who prefer the 360).. But I'm just going "meh"...

Maybe this just doesn't appeal to me like it does the rest of you... But hey it's good they've done something that's created some positive buzz.

I am not impressed at all.

i can install second life on my pc and have the exact same thing.

I also like animal crossing on the ds,GC,and Soon the wii better.

I just dont see how people are happy about this ?

Sony is too worried about nintendo and not worried enough about microsoft.

Sony should have more games announced. So far I can get the wii and 360 and have a better experience then just buying a $600 dollar ps3.

Impressive, is it free?

The "Home" service itself seems to be free.. But things like apartment furniture.. Games tied into the service, etc.. Is going to have a price attached.

I definitely like the 360 more overall, but this is the first thing Sony has done to impress me. And it is free. But still not enough to go make me get a PS3 .

I definitely like the 360 more overall, but this is the first thing Sony has done to impress me. And it is free. But still not enough to go make me get a PS3 .

It wouldnt make me buy one either, but as I already have one I see it as a great opportunity to make (virtual)friends with other people, simply using it as an online portal to meeting others before starting, or organising a game, just seems to have a better human touch to it rather than just seeing who is on your 360 friends list and joining their games, or using an online website to arrange - you all meet in 'home', and walk through a door which starts the game (I would assume).

Worth buying a PS3 for? No. A nice addon that encourages interactivity between people, definately.

I need to make another post to clarify my thoughts on this..

First, this is going to be very appealing to a number of individuals. Personally I have some big doubts about this.. Although I hope it does become a big success, because Sony needs something to give them some unique stature compared to the 360.

So this is the direction that Sony should be heading. Instead of trying to emulate Xbox Live, instead go in a different direction entirely and not try to compete with Xbox Live.

I need to watch a few more trailers of this to clarify a few things though.

Seems cluttered and overly complicated. Honestly I would rather just have a simple friends list like on the 360. Besides, I've already played The Sims :p.

Worth buying a PS3 for? No. A nice addon that encourages interactivity between people, definately.

quoted for truth. it's the games that drive people to buy consoles. add-ons like playstation home just reward those who have already invested in the system.

I just dont see how people are happy about this ?

don't know if you've noticed, but the ps3 doesn't have much at the moment. any bit of news showing the potential of the ps3 would surely make some people happy :p

it all looks very cool and all but am i the only one that thinks this is just will make hermits of people ?

yup, i'm sure it will turn some people into hermits, just like mmorpg's do.

Looks beautifull I wonder wather it will become the UI or weather it will be an app you have to run. Be cool if it was an App. Only worry is that it is a bit strange to watch a digital TV on your normal TV, why not just download trailers, ditto for most of the functionality, however if you can do all this from the main menus or this world that will be cool.

Impressive! Although I fear that many more kids will now "hang out" in the PS3 Home world instead of the "real" world, lol.. :/

don't they do that on myspace now anyways?:p

Looks awsome kinda like all the services on other consoles but wrapped up in a 3d world.

crosses fingers- please dont muck this one up sony! :cry:

Hey that was actually pretty cool. I like, I like. I think having your own virtual home was a going a bit too far lol. Oh and that dancing they do was hilarious.

But why oh why did they have to say it's "instantly better than anything available on any other console"? Whether or not that's true (I think it's pushing it a bit), why ruin your credibility by saying that? So unprofessional :no:

They said "instantly" because no other console has such a service :)

-Rich-

It's not better than anything available on any other console, is it? It's subjective.

They should have said that such a service is not available on any other console (which is true).

Hey that was actually pretty cool. I like, I like. I think having your own virtual home was a going a bit too far lol. Oh and that dancing they do was hilarious.

But why oh why did they have to say it's "instantly better than anything available on any other console"? Whether or not that's true (I think it's pushing it a bit), why ruin your credibility by saying that? So unprofessional :no:

Yeah that bothered me a little too. I really don't like arrogance. Granted Microsoft and Nintendo have their own arrogance often.. But Sony has been getting very bad press due partially to their arrogance.. So they should really try to avoid showing any for a while.

But Home is something different. And certainly while many "parts" of it are heavily inspired by Xbox Live and the Mii system, it's very unique. Personally, I don't really find myself impressed.. But I'll tell you, that physics game they also announced did impress me.