Ps3 Home Trailer

I'm really interested in seeing how Sony will be able to offer this kind of service for free, when they're already losing so much on the PS3. I guess there'll be some sort of 'in-game' advertisements. Either way, this definitely looks pretty cool... hopefully they'll be able to deliver.

saw the trailer and i'm impressed. hopefully sony can step up and deliver on this one, instead of building up hype and letting us down, because i think they're really on to something here.

Like stifler said, this is the first thing on the PS3 that has truly impressed me. Hopefully it can be implemented well. I hope it doesn't get marred by a bunch of 13 year olds running around ruining the experience for everyone (how, I don't know).

Wow, this is awesome. Kudos to Sony! Hopefully Microsoft will follow suit :)

Oh, God. I hope not. I plan on getting a 360 in the next few months and I would not want this. Maybe if it were optional. I would much prefer a simple, functional friends list to this. Like I said earlier, I've played The Sims before and it sucks. Why would I want to use it for matchmaking and friends lists?

This is going to begeat. Seems awefully addictive as well. I can see people just sitting there for hours simply custumizing their virtual homes.

I like what sony is doing here. Nothing more addictive than a virtual life to create/live.

Its like The Sims, but MMO. If this turns out to be as good as they're selling it, goodbye Xbox Live, hello PSN (plus its free too).

I hope Sony put this working looks only a Second Life with better graphics.. I wanna see how Sony will integrate the netowkr resources into this.

..<snip>..For the first time since Sony started hyped the PS3, they've actually genuinely impressed me with something :yes:

Home looks pretty sweet, but unfortunately for me and for Sony, it's not going to be persuading me to get a PS3 anytime soon.

This is the first and only thing so far that made me want a PS3. But right now that PS3 isn't worth $600.

I'm impressed, the first thing Sony actually did right! Would be interesting to see how Microsoft and Nintendo respond to this.

reminds me of IMVU (www.imvu.com)

I don't know how they'll respond but they have to, Sony is actually onto something genius here.

..<snip>.. If this turns out to be as good as they're selling it, goodbye Xbox Live, hello PSN (plus its free too).

But don't get too ahead of yourself. I feel like this and Live! are very different ideas and implementations, and it may not turn out as good as it looks. Well done Sony though! :)

This does look very good, but I have a small problem with the way things are going...

Sony is now moving in the direction of a new 'Games 3.0 philosophy'.

Games 1.0 = disconnected consoles. 2.0 games are connected, but with static content on the disc. 3.0 games are all about social interactions, community, customization, emergent entertainment, with the audience members at the center of the entertainment experience.

(Source)

There are still some of us miserable lonely gits in the world who prefer 'Games 1.0'...

I don't get much time to play games, what with a full time job, and a 2yr old son (not to mention the wife! :devil: ), so when I sit down to play a game, I actually want to PLAY A GAME! Not design a house, or make friends and chat to strangers...

Or is it just me?

(P.S. This is in reference to modern gaming in general, NOT a dig a PS3 Home or Sony!)

For the first time, as much a Wii fanboy I am, I actually find myself liking the PS3. This is like Mii's meets Animal Crossing (my current addiction). This combined with LittleBigPlannet has me actually looking forward to affording PS3.

Please give it a rest with PS3 not being worth $600.

$400 (360)

$200 (hd-dvd player)

$100 (measly 20GB HDD)

$700 smackers (not including xtra $50 [a yr at that] for live)

PS3's price tag is right on IMO. Kill this excuse for not liking Sony. It's getting old.

Please give it a rest with PS3 not being worth $600.

$400 (360)

$200 (hd-dvd player)

$100 (measly 20GB HDD)

$700 smackers (not including xtra $50 [a yr at that] for live)

PS3's price tag is right on IMO.

Dude, if you're going to beat that dead horse some more, at least use correct numbers. If you buy the $400 360, you don't need to buy the HDD :rolleyes:

I can also spout arguments about most people not needing the HDDVD player among other ones, but I'm not going to raise this argument from the dead again.

I'll just say that for myself, the PS3 isn't worth the money that the 360 is because for me, XBL is a far better experience, and the PS3 doesn't have any exclusives that I care about.

-Spenser

Dude, if you're going to beat that dead horse some more, at least use correct numbers. If you buy the $400 360, you don't need to buy the HDD

You dont have to BUT im stating everything that one would need to, just as you dont need to subscribe to Live, or even go with the premium bundle.

But usually the people that bitch about ps3's pricetag have these things. I find it necessary to add these thing being the ps3 comes equippef with them from factory.

Rather than bitch about the price tag, according to you the correct argument would be, why doesnt one have the choice to purchase these things seperate.

The price is fine.

No worries dood. Im done with the subject. Having to read the same bitching over and over gets old. As do many replies such as the I just did. And yes i agree about the horse thing. :p

You dont have to BUT im stating everything that one would need to, just as you dont need to subscribe to Live, or even go with the premium bundle.

But usually the people that bitch about ps3's pricetag have these things. I find it necessary to add these thing being the ps3 comes equippef with them from factory.

Rather than bitch about the price tag, according to you the correct argument would be, why doesnt one have the choice to have these things seperate.

The price is fine.

No worries dood. Im done with the subject. Having to read the same bitching over and over gets old. As do many replies such as the I just did. And yes i agree about the horse thing. :p

I think you misunderstood him entirely. He wasn't saying you don't have to get the HDD because you could just use a memory card. He was saying that the $400 360 HAS the 20gb hard drive already. Understand yet?

And I will also state. The PS3 arguments are old, and seem to only be used by those who tend to be "Fanboys" of other systems. But at the same time, don't use the whole "Well if you add the HD DVD player then the 360 and PS3 are the same price approx.", that is just as old and pointless. I don't have the HD-DVD player and I don't ever intend to get it.

And I'm for one very glad that Sony is trying to take a unique path down online console gaming. But at the same time, this might be a sign that they will stop their ambitions of creating a service equal to xbox live. Which is a very good idea. And who knows, Home could wind up to be huge. I certainly think despite the fact that I don't own a PS3, that this is beneficial to gaming as a whole, on all platforms.

Edited by MadFerIt2006

I think you misunderstood him entirely. He wasn't saying you don't have to get the HDD because you could just use a memory card. He was saying that the $400 360 HAS the 20gb hard drive already. Understand yet?

You're right. Misunderstood. $600 would be the grand total then. :D (without Live of course :p)

Dude, if you're going to beat that dead horse some more, at least use correct numbers. If you buy the $400 360, you don't need to buy the HDD :rolleyes:

I can also spout arguments about most people not needing the HDDVD player among other ones, but I'm not going to raise this argument from the dead again.

I'll just say that for myself, the PS3 isn't worth the money that the 360 is because for me, XBL is a far better experience, and the PS3 doesn't have any exclusives that I care about.

-Spenser

Damn, so you already tested Home? How was it?