Join Neowin Folding@Home Group

Very nice Hule, now I'm not too worried to leave it on!

You should've asked for a few PS3 games and Blu-Ray movies so you could conduct the test fully :ninja:

Very nice Hule, now I'm not too worried to leave it on!

You should've asked for a few PS3 games and Blu-Ray movies so you could conduct the test fully :ninja:

Yeah, I thought about that :D

but didnt want to sound greedy...I did include my address thinking they will know what to do :p

I have a question regarding F@H;

Theres a lot of blue-white `dots' around :s look at Japan

What are they?

Could anyone go check, around Japan and that region - A bit out there's a single dot in the water, pretty far out.

He must've sailed a long way for that PS3 :p

I created a team for Neowin.net so everyone join it :D

Enter this number into the Folding@Home:

gav im joining yer team because the ps3forums banned me for saying jew on their forums. :wacko:

Hey guys there are now 3 active Neowin folding@home teams.

This one, team 55186 with 13 active CPU's.

I am folding with team 45773 which has 10 active CPU's.

And the Oldest one, team 10448 with 5 active CPU's.

I will switch over to this new team asap! (55186)

Personally i think it would make sense that everyone switch over to this new team as it has the most active CPU's.

I am wondering why this thread is in this section as F@H is not exclusive to Gamers or the PS3?

Edited by xirtamdbml

Hey guys there are now 3 active Neowin folding@home teams.

This one, team 55186 with 13 active CPU's.

I am folding with team 45773 which has 10 active CPU's.

And the Oldest one, team 10448 with 5 active CPU's.

I will switch over to this new team asap! (55186)

Personally i think it would make sense that everyone switch over to this new team as it has the most active CPU's.

I am wondering why this thread is in this section as F@H is not exclusive to Gamers or the PS3?

Yeah, it'd make sense for everyone who does this on Neowin to do it as one team, not three :blink: .

I finished my first WU ~ haven't been doing much folding...

Will try to catch up :)

Ay.. I'm with you. Been a little busy the past week and my first WU is almost there, but I started slacking. :(

Dont worry guys, even if everyone who buys a Ps3 just does one unit to help the team its worth it (Y)

Somehow my F@H won't remember my details! Everytime I start it I have to re-accept the license and stuff... enter my name, the team etc. It's really annoying.

I've tried reinstalling it - without any results. I've tried closing it through every thinkable way; pressing the PS button, from within F@H itself, the back button.. nothing works :\ bugs me a lot since I can't really be bothered to put in all the info over and over again.

Somehow my F@H won't remember my details! Everytime I start it I have to re-accept the license and stuff... enter my name, the team etc. It's really annoying.

I've tried reinstalling it - without any results. I've tried closing it through every thinkable way; pressing the PS button, from within F@H itself, the back button.. nothing works :\ bugs me a lot since I can't really be bothered to put in all the info over and over again.

Ack - are you having any other hard drive troubles? Like game saves or the like?

Not that I'm aware of? I do have two Tekken: DR save games though... one with a black/grey background and a white one... but I don't have any savegame troubles with Blastfactor, Resistance, Gripshift and GT:HD...?

ninja edit; figured out the Tekken savegames are for customization and gameplay - so there should be two on my system

Edited by Keito

If you process a WU - Change your name, will your name change on the statistics or would you be added as a new entry?

i believe your name changes on the stats page. not exactly sure though.

If you process a WU - Change your name, will your name change on the statistics or would you be added as a new entry?

Be very careful if you plan to do this. If you change your name.. well, your stastics will be gone and you'll start from scratch. A new entry basically. It's a bummer, but hopefully they'll provide an update that allows you to carry your stats with any name you change to.