Join Neowin Folding@Home Group

It's all about the ps3 users. We need as many as we can get!

Not exactly the PS3 is an amazing folder but if your PC has 4 cores then i would recommend using the SMP client, currently i am folding at an average of 2000 PPD.

is my client the only one having problems downloading work units right now? haha

Mine is stuck uploading WU :| on both PS3 :wacko:

Edit: Looks liuke they are having problems with the server here http://folding.typepad.com/news/2008/01/ps3-servers.html and here http://folding.typepad.com/news/2008/01/ps3-server-upda.html

News about F@H - http://folding.typepad.com/

Edited by KoL

You have to finish a work unit first. Then if it's working it will upload your stats. The site doesn't update in real time either. It updates at certain intervals.

You have to finish a work unit first. Then if it's working it will upload your stats. The site doesn't update in real time either. It updates at certain intervals.

I've had it running for 12 hours so far.

I've had it running for 12 hours so far.

According to the Folding@home forums they are having a problem with server loads and are adding new servers. that is why some stats aren't updating and why we can't upload or download new units right now.

Can you whether you successfully joined a group? I've inserted the number but there wasn't a "welcome screen" or so. It just disappeared again.

Can you whether you successfully joined a group? I've inserted the number but there wasn't a "welcome screen" or so. It just disappeared again.

when the client is running it will say in the upper right corner the team number.

Holy ****...I just loaded up the folding client on my ps3 and it finally got a work unit...1.2 million frames. wtf? haha. It says it's going to take 1 day and 14 hours. :blink:

I thought the ps3 work units were all way shorter than that. it've done 20 on the ps3 and they all took about 6-9 hours.

Congratulations guys, looks like January was a record month for us Folding. Thats a pretty impressive increase in points!

Points Month WU's

259,092 January 715

158,276 December 603

Source

Congratulations guys, looks like January was a record month for us Folding. Thats a pretty impressive increase in points!

Points Month WU's

259,092 January 715

158,276 December 603

Source

I'm glad to help. I've had my PS3 on F@H nonstop for the past 2 weeks! :D

Our production is way down for the past week. Hopefully it's only because of the problems with the folding servers.

I'll turn the ps3 back on soon. just played UT3 for a couple of hours. I'll let the thing cool down for a bit first. ;)