Teen labeled child Molester after orgy

Laws are designed to protect society and its beliefs - they are a notated form of morality. The guy committed a crime and so, according to law, deserved a punishment or reprimand of some kind - however, a 10yr jail setence does not reflect the best interests of society, particularly when you have slimey lawyers that can get guilty clients off on technicalities. It does not surprise me to see that this is in a southern state - the reputation they have for being backwards is well earned, even if it does not reflect every individual that lives within them. It's sad to see these backwards states dragging down the achievements made by the progressive states (typically northern). I'm sure many people will disagree with me but that's how I see it.

Laws are made to protect society and its beliefs. They are based on the common principles of society. Now tell me. Does oral sex harm society? Does it harm common principles of society? You're absolutely right a law is a law and should be followed until it's changed, but the judge could have found some technicalities that would let him off for an obvious non-issue. The ten year sentence is a very good example of the failure that minimum sentencing is. It's that length regardless of the circumstances under which the event has occured, even if there's a perfectly reasonable excuse why someone should not be punished as harshly. Also, we have technicalities for a reason, before you start bashing them at least try to understand why they exist.

Don't think that the "progressive" (liberal) states are any better. Washington state is one of the most liberal and it's age of consent is 16 if the other party is no more than 60 months older. That means that the Georgia guy would have the very same problem in Washington state. In Washington it's labeled as "Sexual misconduct with a minor in the first degree" and is a Class C Felony. Source

Uhm.... 17-15=2 years. 2 x 12 = 24 months. So yea the guy would have been fine in Wash.

Uhm.... 17-15=2 years. 2 x 12 = 24 months. So yea the guy would have been fine in Wash.

damn the girl can be 16 and the guy 21 and its all good? washington IS laided back. im 21 and i couldn't even stoop down to having at it with a 16 y/o

Laws are made to protect society and its beliefs. They are based on the common principles of society. Now tell me. Does oral sex harm society? Does it harm common principles of society? You're absolutely right a law is a law and should be followed until it's changed, but the judge could have found some technicalities that would let him off for an obvious non-issue.

I wasn't claiming oral sex was harmful - it is still a taboo for a lot of people but not harmful. I didn't explain it very well but laws are written down but their interpretation can change over time - here there is no benefit to a prison sentence and the harm to society was minimal, so the judge should have let him off. When a law becomes too out-of-date then it should be scrapped. Here the law is designed to protect minors, so it serves a place - however there is absolutely no benefit to a prison sentence in this instance. Sorry that I explained it poorly - I wasn't defending the sentence or the law.

I was going to make the same point - in Washington state it would be legal and by a considerable margin.

damn the girl can be 16 and the guy 21 and its all good? washington IS laided back. im 21 and i couldn't even stoop down to having at it with a 16 y/o

Here in Michigan the age of consent is 16, period. Once you turn 16, you can legally have sex with someone who's 50 if you want to.

Here in Michigan the age of consent is 16, period. Once you turn 16, you can legally have sex with someone who's 50 if you want to.

what if two 15 yr olds do it? stupid lawmakers wouldent you say?

10 years for that?. Well he has that because has sex with girls. If this kid were sentended 10 years... I wonder how many years jackson might have :blink: Oh, isnt he free?

I would like to see the tape :rofl:

joke, bad joke..

now serious..

10 yrs are just tooo harsh.. those things happen everyday, everywhere..

If the attorney for the guy is correct, there are many such laws in verious states in the US. If you have sex with someone below the age of consent, even if you're a minor, you can be arrested for child molestation and labeled a sex offender. This may even be the case if you and she are the same age. This may very from state to state.

I wish judges and the law keepers held this kind of crime high on the agenda.

I am sick and tired of seeing 12 year olds pushing kids around in push-chairs.

• 1 month later...
Ten years in prison for receiving oral sex. That is Genarlow Wilson's sentence.

When he was 17 years old and a high school senior, he received consensual oral sex from a 15-year-old, 10th-grade girl.

Everyone agreed, including the prosecutor and the girl herself, that she initiated the act.

It was all captured on video - the evidence used to convict him at trial. On the tape, police saw a 15-year-old perform oral sex on one partygoer, and after finishing with him, she turned and did the same to Wilson. Under Georgia law at the time, this was considered aggravated child molestation, a felony for teens less than three years apart to have oral sex. It carried with it a 10-year sentence, even though it was only a misdemeanor for those same teens to have sexual intercourse.

The D.A. offered Wilson - a football standout who was being recruited by some of nation's top colleges, including Columbia and Brown - a plea deal: five years in prison and register as a sex offender. He turned it down.

The other students at the party took that deal and some of them are out of prison by now. Because Wilson thought he would be acquitted and did not want to be branded a child molester, he went to trial. The prosecutor blames Wilson for his sentence because none of the other defendants insisted on a trial; all the others "took their medicine."? ?

Full Story

While Paris gets 3 days. What a great legal system we have...

Edited by remix17

WTF.. a kid got 10 years for getting head from a 15 year old.. maybe if he done it on stage or something, but jesus... thats kinda harsh.... GO AMERICA!

Looks like when he goes to jail, for the next 10 years, he'll be given the oral rather then receiving it.. But he will receive in a way....

Edited by lylesback2

I remember that story. I didn't know at first that even the girl was admitting she agreed to it all. When I found that out I thought the sentence he got was BS.

My sisters ex boyfriend who is a junkie, has got off on soo many things it's unreal. He could proabably walk down the street smoking a crack pipe, get stopped by the police while he's still smoking it and be put in jail and get out an hour later. He got arrested one night for threatening to slit my sisters throat and was holding her inside the house. When they finally got him out they arrested him, found crack and weed on him and he got out 2 hours later. Went to court like a week later high on crack and nothing happened to him. :angry:

Then you have that British guy (name escapes me right now) who hacked into military computers and they're trying to get him with 60 years to life in prison???

Full Story

While Paris gets 3 days. What a great legal system we have...

These sorts of laws exist all over the southern portion of the U.S.

The Supreme Court really oughta get off their conservative asses and strike these all down in one fell swoop.

It'd be one thing if the dude was 25, even if it was "consensual" the statutory rape laws would kick in if necessary, but this is absolute B.S.

Of course, it was against the law in Wisconsin to have any oral sex until sometime in the 90s, it still is in Oklahoma.

Of course, it was against the law in Wisconsin to have any oral sex until sometime in the 90s, it still is in Oklahoma.

We live in such primitive country... :no:

What a complete BS sentence, even if she initiated the encounter he gets prison. That sucks.

Then you have that British guy (name escapes me right now) who hacked into military computers and they're trying to get him with 60 years to life in prison???

Gary McKinnon, that is another bs sentence. It makes you wonder what he found that would warrant such a harsh sentence.

Extremely ridiculous. Even worse, they are trying to label him as a SEX OFFENDER? What's the offense.. gettin' a little sucky sucky? Sheesh, I know most of you on here didn't go through high school without messing around with a lass that was one or two years younger than you. And I bet the people enforcing this crap have had quite the same experience. Sigh.