Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Review

The first time we heard about a partnership between Microsoft and Razer, we couldn't help but imagine those pesky Mac commercials where you pair an older, pudgy "PC" guy with the younger, hip, "Mac" guy. This time, the older and familiar Microsoft isn't waging a cold war against newer and edgier Razer, but instead teaming up to release a newer breed of gaming peripherals. The first offspring from this partnership came in the form of the Habu Gaming Mouse, which we liked a lot, despite a problem with the first unit we were sent.

Now that Microsoft and Razer have covered the gaming mouse, they're shifting their attention to gaming keyboards. The Reclusa Gaming Keyboard is, more accurately, a Microsoft keyboard "powered by Razer." It may easily look like a generic keyboard at first glance, but on closer inspection, there's a cluster of macro keys on each side of the keyboard and a pair of 360? jog dials. Razer's chief contribution to the Reclusa, according to the box, is its "hyperesponse gaming key action," which is claimed to reduce key latency and maximize key response, along with adding customization options for macro keys and profiles.

Also, to add a bit more bling to a long, oval shaped keyboard,the Reclusa glows with blue LED backlighting>?perfect for gamers in low light or no light conditions.

Microsoft's newest gaming keyboard is going up against some hefty competition in the gaming keyboard market. There's Logitech's popular G11 and G15 gaming keyboards, also with blue LED backlighting, and the WASD-friendly Timber Wolf (formerly known as the Wolf Claw Type II) and Ideazon MERC keyboards. Does the alliance with Razer bolster Microsoft's position in the crowded and competitive gaming hardware industry? For a cool $70, we sure hope so. Continued...

I personally like it, although I do wish they would make a wireless version.

0,1425,sz=1&i=159097,00.jpg

0,1425,sz=1&i=159101,00.jpg

0,1425,sz=1&i=159099,00.jpg

0,1425,sz=1&i=159098,00.jpg

0,1425,i=174291,00.jpg

Should have used the comfort curve design, its much better looking

The comfort curve would never be used on a gaming keyboard. Gamers would avoid it because of the fact they'd have to learn how to reposition their hands to access all the correct buttons.

The Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 keyboard sucks at gaming... believe me I know because I have one. It's a good keyboard for everything else.

hmm looks not bad but I think I like my Logitech G15 better. I really wonder what you could use the nobs for... hmmm

lol people looks mean NOTHING its how the keyboard performs ! IHMO hell i would use the old style IBM keyboard if it did whats its meant to do

Why do people keep saying its ugly? its a keyboard, its not used to pick up girls or guys, you dont take it to the bar or out on dates with you. Its a keyboard, its used to type and play pc games, if it does that, who gives a sh&* what it looks like. Then again most people nowadays pick an os thats pretty and games only on graphics so I typed all this for nothing.

Why do people keep saying its ugly? its a keyboard, its not used to pick up girls or guys, you dont take it to the bar or out on dates with you. Its a keyboard, its used to type and play pc games, if it does that, who gives a sh&* what it looks like. Then again most people nowadays pick an os thats pretty and games only on graphics so I typed all this for nothing.

For one, I personally find the huge keys to be really ugly. I own a touch-keyboard for my own desktop.

For two, compared to other Microsoft hardware, it IS ugly as hell. Read Markus-J's link.

For one, I personally find the huge keys to be really ugly. I own a touch-keyboard for my own desktop.

For two, compared to other Microsoft hardware, it IS ugly as hell. Read Markus-J's link.

ya for sure thats a nice keyboard and i plan to get it, but i was saying whats the point in judging that keyboard on looks, its a keyboard.