Shaving: Electric vs. Razor

438 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Shave?

• Electric
    • Razor

I've baught a few electric's in my life, and I am just completely disapointed with them. They just don't shave close enough, and theres always too much to do (cleaning, etc). I'm back to my Gillette Fusion Power, and it does one hell of a job.

Other then that, I really love old fashioned shaves at a barber. That's the ultimate shave.

electric shave only because my skin is so sensitive. I can live with a 5 o'clock shadow by noon. When I need a close shave I will go to the barbershop and get an old fashioned shave (I don't dare do it myself!) or rub some vaseline in my face and coat it with shaving cream and use a decent razor such as the Fusion Power. (the vaseline trick allows me to shave against the grain with the upmost comfort and leaves my face feeling soft & smooth.)

Schick Quatro razor here, no problems and doesn't take me that long to get the job done :p

Razor, cannot beat the shave from my gillete fushion actually amazing - though most of the time i used my electric cause i cba ;)

Electric razors mess my face up - too sensitive to them and leaves little spots/dimples/whatever they're called.

Can't be doing with fusions and quattros etc - too expennsive and the number of blades just clog up after 1 or 2 shaves.

Invested in a cut throat (like the barbers use), and after about a week of looking like Freddy Kruger had scratched my face up, I dare not use anything apart from that.

Its fast (done shaving <5mins), very precise, and best of all a heck of a lot cheaper then fusions etc.

And you can't get closer then you can with a cut throat

Gillete Fushion . . love the amazingly close and smooth shave. I also have a Braun 8595 Activator, excellent for a electric shaver, but i only use when travelling/vacation/camping/etc.

I perfer the razor

Both, when I want a perfect shave and I have time left its Gilette Fusion for me, otherwise its Phillips Coolskin for me..

Gillette Mach 3 Turbo here.

Same here, I love it. People always ask me if I shave with clippers because of the preciseness of the mustache/beard angles and curves. They never believe when i say i used a razor.

though i wish the blades weren't so expensive.