Shaving: Electric vs. Razor

438 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Shave?

• Electric
    • Razor

ditto. I'm in my mid-20's and still can't grow a beard. Only stubble. I need to replace my electric. Keep nicking myself on the chin with the razor. Razor gives a closer shave - at least compared to the electric I have. I might get one of the wet/dry ones since I shave after shower.

whow man...in your 20's and still cant grow a beard?....try goin for laser or something..heard that some people's skin resist the movement

dont wanna put u to shame..but im 17..and can kinda grow a beard....can get my moustache to grow thicker than it is

whow man...in your 20's and still cant grow a beard?....try goin for laser or something..heard that some people's skin resist the movement

dont wanna put u to shame..but im 17..and can kinda grow a beard....can get my moustache to grow thicker than it is

Might not be that uncommon.. I am 21 and can barely grow anything at all. Although most people in my family age slow.

yeah i want to try this power sheet on my face, but is it really worth a simple easy glide over the skin with a nice sharp razor?

Ahh yeah, because when you press the button, it makes a vibrating noise, emitting waves. The waves then go through those tiny hairs, making them stand up so you can slice them up easily.

Might not be that uncommon.. I am 21 and can barely grow anything at all. Although most people in my family age slow.

Indeedy. I'm almost 20 and I can't grow a beard as such. I look like a dirty 14 year old boy if I try and grow something, so it's always chopped. :p

Both, when I want a perfect shave and I have time left its Gilette Fusion for me, otherwise its Phillips Coolskin for me..

Same here, 1 year ago I almost gave up wet shaving, but the Fusion Power really is an amazing razor. I always used to get shaving rash from wet shaving. Never once had it with the Fusion :)

I agree, in fact I recently went to a Merkur HD double edge razor and have noticed a lot less ingrown hairs on my neck (which I always just assumed was generic acne). The razor is a bit expensive up front, but considering that replacement blades are sold in packs of 10 for only a few dollars and the Gillette fusions ones were 15+$ a pack of four... you get your money back in about a month.

I have also ditched the cheap shaving gels as well and actually take a few minutes to lather up a shaving soap with a brush and massage the lather on my face. It makes shaving a really enjoyable experience.

Electric razors irritate my neck so badly that I have a huge red spot on the left side of neck the rest of the day. (N)

interesting . . i quite like my fusion, but I may have to give this a try, i also suffer from some minor irration around the neck

• 1 year later...

I use both. I use a fusuion razon once of twice a week (I have very sensitive skin) and I keep it the rest of the week with my norelco shaver, it is easer on my neck then the razor.

electric... however I can only shave when my skin is cold and bonedry.

if it's hot or sensitive (from sweating for instance) shaving electrical is a bitch.

however .. when I wake up, my skin is bonedry so I shave before showering.

Bed + notebook + shaving = news reading time ftw

edit: plus it's dry .. no mess at all .. and it's auto-cleans itself.

I have one of the fancy ones with docking station and auto-cleaning etc etc.

Good for lazy people like me :D