Metal Gear Solid 4 On 360

spell the end of PlayStation

I highly doubt that.

No consoles ever COMPLETELY successful on one game only.... There are people you know who don't even like MGS :rofl:

Doesn't matter where it ends up, it will sell very well on either console. If it does head to the 360 I have a feeling it will be a timed exclusive and I know patience isn't some peoples strong point. Waiting 6-12m for a port? Maybe even longer....

Only plus for me in owning a PS3 in regards to MGS is I can play 1 through to 3 if I ever feel nostalgic - Can't do that on any other console.

I highly doubt that.

No consoles ever COMPLETELY successful on one game only.... There are people you know who don't even like MGS :rofl:

Doesn't matter where it ends up, it will sell very well on either console. If it does head to the 360 I have a feeling it will be a timed exclusive and I know patience isn't some peoples strong point. Waiting 6-12m for a port? Maybe even longer....

Only plus for me in owning a PS3 in regards to MGS is I can play 1 through to 3 if I ever feel nostalgic - Can't do that on any other console.

And when the PS3 was having BC problems how many times did we hear that people didn't buy the PS3 to play old games? :rolleyes:

It's more than one game. Most every "must have it" game (if MGS goes to 360) will come out on a cheaper console looking the same. It's the mass exodus of games to multiplatform that'll do it.

Well, I can do that on my PS2 so if MGS4 comes out for the 360 (which my gut feeling says it won't) then I'll have saved 600 bucks.

You do know that MGS doesn't sell good in Japan either. The best selling place for it is North America. Just looking at the numbers, having a 360 version makes business sense.

You could argue that MGS4 will help push PS3 sales, and it might for a bit. But it's not like the 360 doesn't have it's own console pushers coming before and when MGS4 is suppose to be release (Around Q2 2008?). 360 sales won't sit still, and if the PS3 is depending on MGS4 and later FF13 to help it sell hardware, then it's already a lost cause.

Who cares anyway? SC Conviction will blow this out of the water ;)

And by that comment we all know that you dislike good quality games.

... MGS? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Am I the only one who thinks he might be right? I've played MGS, and my god, the cutscenes last longer than most marriages :| I prefer the SC series because of it's better emphasis on light/dark.

Am I the only one who thinks he might be right? I've played MGS, and my god, the cutscenes last longer than most marriages :| I prefer the SC series because of it's better emphasis on light/dark.

Exactly why the Metal Gear series is awesome, instead of developers throw you into tons of random levels you got these amazing cutscenes which links the story nicely together.

I love this "Playing a movie" feel. Makes it stand out.

I entirely agree. I played an MGS game once and wasn't particularly fond of it. I'm not a great fan of SC either, but the new one looks like it's going to be different so I might give it a shot.

@MGS3-SS - not everyone likes the games you do. Hell, you looked down upon the new SC game in that thread and most people would call that a good quality series. You're just contradicting yourself.

-Spenser

I agree to an extent, but then again I never much cared for the Metal Gear series. I think that Splinter Cell: Conviction will be a very good game, possibly better than Metal Gear, but that doesn't mean that it will be more popular, as Metal Gear has a rather large fan base.

PureLegend, Splinter Cell: Conviction will be more about hiding in plain sight, moving through crowds and distractions than the traditional "shadow/light" gameplay of the Splinter Cell series. I for one am very much looking forward to it. The new methods of interaction and the revamped AI systems should make for some seriously fun gameplay, plus; it will look bloody marvelous.

Back on topic:

Bringing the Metal Gear series to the Xbox360 would make financial sense, but I have no idea what kind of contract exists between Konami and Sony. There might be an exclusivity contract that prevents this.

I'm guessing that Sony hopes that PS3 sales will kick of once Metal Gear Solid 4 is launched, and I'm sure that many avid fans of the series will buy a PS3 just to play the game and once it hits the shelves the price of the console will probably have dropped to a more... sane level, so the two together will probably help drive sales for Sony.

I don't think Sony has a bad console, it's just to expensive for the average Joe at the moment and the lack of compelling exclusive titles sure doesn't help. I personally don't care what is says on the console as long as the games are fun to play. At the moment it looks like the Xbox360 has the lead in the game department, and from what I've seen on the various gaming sites i frequent, it looks like this isn't about to change any time soon.

Sony REALLY needs Metal Gear Solid 4 to be a huge hit, and they need it to be exclusive, and I'm sure they are willing to pay for that privilege.

I wish Sony the best of luck as competition is always good for us consumers.

Back on topic:

Bringing the Metal Gear series to the Xbox360 would make financial sense, but I have no idea what kind of contract exists between Konami and Sony. There might be an exclusivity contract that prevents this.

I'm guessing that Sony hopes that PS3 sales will kick of once Metal Gear Solid 4 is launched, and I'm sure that many avid fans of the series will buy a PS3 just to play the game and once it hits the shelves the price of the console will probably have dropped to a more... sane level, so the two together will probably help drive sales for Sony.

I don't think Sony has a bad console, it's just to expensive for the average Joe at the moment and the lack of compelling exclusive titles sure doesn't help. I personally don't care what is says on the console as long as the games are fun to play. At the moment it looks like the Xbox360 has the lead in the game department, and from what I've seen on the various gaming sites i frequent, it looks like this isn't about to change any time soon.

Sony REALLY needs Metal Gear Solid 4 to be a huge hit, and they need it to be exclusive, and I'm sure they are willing to pay for that privilege.

I wish Sony the best of luck as competition is always good for us consumers.

sorry to go off topic, but wow. i don't see very many unbiased, quality posts like that here in gamers hangout very often (Y)

sorry to go off topic, but wow. i don't see very many unbiased, quality posts like that here in gamers hangout very often (Y)

Thats because its funnier to **** fanboys off. Also, quality posts like the one you quoted usually go unseen, as the fanboys just decide to ignore them.

I learned that its easier and funnier to post what people want to hear (or don't want to hear), because every time someone posts something with a great work of reason, the majority choses to ignore it.

Thank you, much appreciated!

Thats because its funnier to **** fanboys off. Also, quality posts like the one you quoted usually go unseen, as the fanboys just decide to ignore them.

I learned that its easier and funnier to post what people want to hear (or don't want to hear), because every time someone posts something with a great work of reason, the majority choses to ignore it.

So you purposefully go out of your way to not contribute to the forum. Good job. You also shouldn't be the one to throw around the word fanboy.

-Spenser

I too don't really care for MGS, I played 1-3 and they're all more or less the same gameplay wise. I like SC a bit more because it's more realistic, (no giant super robots and bosses with insane powers outta nowhere). But this in the end is just personal opinion.

Even if MGS4 stays PS3 only, it won't help it much, sure it will push more sales, but unless the price drops it won't help that much. 1 or 2 exclusive 3rd party games won't save a system. The original Xbox had a handful of exclusives that were good and sold well, like Halo etc, but those alone didn't help make the Xbox1 a huge hit. The fact it came in at #2 had more to do with Live and the fact Nintendo screwed up with the GameCube.

Hmm... I played the first one when I had a PS... but to be honest I haven't really had intentions to play the sequels.

Yeah, I remember playing it and liking it on the PS, but never bothered with the sequels on the PS2. I just gave Portable Ops a try on my PSP, but I found it very boring and too slow paced. I don't really care if MGS4 comes to the 360 or not. From a business sense it would make sense for them to make it for the 360 as well though. The install base of the PS3 is just too low and they can make millions more if they put it out on the 360 as well.

They will make it for the 360 as well. They know the PS3 version isn't going to get them back waht they spent developing it, and they know the 360 version will not only give them back what they spent, but give them a profiet.

From a business perspective, it would be a smart move to deny a 360 version adamantly until after the PS3 version ships. They wouldn't do a concurrent release so they would let people buy up the PS3 version. Then after 6 months to a year they say it will be released on the 360 and keep selling more units. It'll keep Sony (relatively) happy and still make them more money than a PS3 exclusive.

Yeah, it will be a delayed release. They will deny it up until the hour they announce it will be available on the 360. There is no way they can make up the money they have spent developing it if it is only a PS3 exclusive. MGS4 is the only game I might even think about considering buying a PS3 for. But a single game just isn't worth buying a $600 console for. Sony will be happy because it was a PS3 exclusive and people buy a PS3 for it, then 6-12 months later it comes out on X360 so Konami is happy that they get their profit, and us 360 owners har happy that we get the game.