[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

I'm sitting on 970 - need another 700000 online credits to get the last achievements.

The endurance races aren't that tricky to be honest, none of them go more than an hour, which is a bit of a disappointment. I wouldn't have minded a few longer ones - probably not 24 hours - but a couple of hours would have been nice.

Having done all the races on GT4 and 24 Heures du Mans on the PS2, I was expecting some proper endurance races, but, I guess you can't have everything I guess.

You can't save the endurance races midway through and continue another time, can you? If not, I'm not sure I'll ever have the time or attention span to complete one.

bangbang that would defeat the whole concept of endurance! ;)

Yes, but it would enable gamers to see sunlight on their few days off.

You can't save the endurance races midway through and continue another time, can you? If not, I'm not sure I'll ever have the time or attention span to complete one.

best you can do is pause it and leave your xbox on, but most people are scared of their xboxes dying when they leave them on...

best you can do is pause it and leave your xbox on, but most people are scared of their xboxes dying when they leave them on...

Considering I'm on my third in 4 months, I'm one of those scared people.

Am i the only one who has grown tired of this game already?

I mean, when you crash into something, the car always start going to the left or right! All the damn races are just boring 9 - 10 laps where you almost fall asleep ( I did 3 Endurance races, my god, they were even more fun in the GT series ) It's like running towards the light at the end of the tunnel ... Yet the light never comes closer! There's nothing to keep me interested in this game. I tried the Multiplayer part a few times, but 40% of the times the connections sucks major ass, other 60% you play in a race with atleast one down syndrom kid who just HAVE to knock you off the track, yet the host won't remove collisions.

Man I'm sick of this game ... Oh well.

nice! I am driving a Scion TC lol! but no decals come up =( so I can't install any and the spoilers look ugly! so for now my car is stocked! except for some extra features inside the car =D

nice! I am driving a Scion TC lol! but no decals come up =( so I can't install any and the spoilers look ugly! so for now my car is stocked! except for some extra features inside the car =D

What like?? Road map 2007?? Mini fridge??? Leather seats!!!!! lmao

All the damn races are just boring 9 - 10 laps where you almost fall asleep ( I did 3 Endurance races, my god, they were even more fun in the GT series ) It's like running towards the light at the end of the tunnel ... Yet the light never comes closer! There's nothing to keep me interested in this game.

+1... i'm actually getting bored of this game now. theres only a certain amount of times you can go around the exact same track before you get bored... and theres so many races left to finish too. i'm less than 50% through the career. i'm not sure whether its the lack of challenge or just the repetiveness of the levels. i still haven't lost a career race... they're all just so easy.

and you're driving on the highest difficulty with all assists turned off?

Exactly. This is how you keep this game going. You turn off the assists and try again. I started with all assists on, then turned off the guide everything but braking, as well as turned on damage and beefed up the AI. The AI is ruthless on hard (raming, pit manuevers, etc). The CPU will wreck your car to keep you from finishing the race.

Here is my most recent design, my best design I feel yet.

post-162840-1182891275_thumb.jpg

post-162840-1182891286_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pandemonium

Right sorry to go a bit off-topic but i need the advice of those that aren't too good or Forza virgins that just recently got Forza 2 now im going to give you a brief glimpse of my relationship and history with driving games and I want you all to tell me whether I should go ahead and buy the game...

Now as far back as i can remember i have played games i love them and always will but i have been a FPS and RTS nut i never was into racing games now here is where Need For Speed comes in i remember playing this back in the day before it got all "underground" and "street"don't get me wrong i still love em but i was into it way before every one got dragged into it because it was "street" now im going to keep it short and simple when i got 360 i overlooked the PGR 3 that came with it because it wasn't "Need for speedy" enough :s i found it hard it was too much of a "sim" for me but then when i downloaded the Forza 2 demo i saw that things got a whole lot simmyer :s so back i went to PGR 3 and i worked hard and boy did i crack the controls and i have since completed the game and would consider myself a decent driver :) my question to you all this fine evening is will i be able to accomplish with Forza 2? will I be able to get past the DEEP learning curve? And should i buy the game? Because i sure as hell am tempted to :D ..

All I have to say is GRAMMAR AND PUNCTUATION PLEASE! It is very hard to read one giant run-on sentence and make heads or tails of it.

Now, if I got what you typed... Go play Grand Turismo and then come back to Forza. Forza is pretty simy, but it isnt that bad with the assists it gives you. I would say buy this game, or at least rent it. It has good online, a huge selection of cars, upgrades, and paint possibilities. It is a great sim, and I, an arcade racer fan, even like it.

I do appologise for the grammatical monstrosity that was my previous post :laugh: I don't usually post that way today there were special circumstances :|

oh and thanks for the advice mate :)

I need a few more opinions before i make a judgment...

I didn't see anything wrong with your post to be honest :)

My answer would be not to judge the game from the demo. I was extremely unimpressed by the demo, yet, I can't put the controller down with the full game.

As for the learning curve, it doesn't throw you that much into the deep end to be honest. You start off with full assists and easy opponents on short versions of the tracks, in cars that aren't too powerful. This allows you to learn the handling of the different types of layout of car, as well as the tracks. It progresses through longer tracks and faster cars (or buy upgrades for your current cars).

The upgrades have good explanations on what they do and how they affect performance.

If you can handle PGR, you can handle this - it won't be long before you are turning off some of the assists. You don't really need to bother too much with tweaking car setups until you are a fair way into the game, and even at that, you can look at other peoples replays and setups to get tips on what you should be tweaking to get your laptimes down. I wouldn't say that I'm the best player in the world - far from it, yet I have several races where I am in the top 200 for laptimes - and they aren't the last few races, and I'm not in a vehicle that's faster than them either.

Right sorry to go a bit off-topic but i need the advice of those that aren't too good or Forza virgins that just recently got Forza 2 now im going to give you a brief glimpse of my relationship and history with driving games and I want you all to tell me whether I should go ahead and buy the game...

Now as far back as i can remember i have played games i love them and always will but i have been a FPS and RTS nut i never was into racing games now here is where Need For Speed comes in i remember playing this back in the day before it got all "underground" and "street"don't get me wrong i still love em but i was into it way before every one got dragged into it because it was "street" now im going to keep it short and simple when i got 360 i overlooked the PGR 3 that came with it because it wasn't "Need for speedy" enough :s i found it hard it was too much of a "sim" for me but then when i downloaded the Forza 2 demo i saw that things got a whole lot simmyer :s so back i went to PGR 3 and i worked hard and boy did i crack the controls and i have since completed the game and would consider myself a decent driver :) my question to you all this fine evening is will i be able to accomplish with Forza 2? will I be able to get past the DEEP learning curve? And should i buy the game? Because i sure as hell am tempted to :D ..

Forget what you learnt playing PGR3, controls wise. It won't really help playing Forza as things are a lot different. You can still have a lot of fun with this game though if you enjoy features found in arcade racers typically (such as the customising). If you want to though, you can go into great depths with it more than an arcade game would.

I'd say play the demo some more, try out a lot of the cars to get a feel for the game proper, and then decide if PGR3 & NFS is enough to keep you happy, or if you want more from a racing game :) PGR4 is not long off and I'm sure EA will churn out another NFS some time soon :p

Thanks all I really value the opinions and based on those and my curiosity i will be picking this game up shortly :) I will let you all know how i get along..

Thanks again guys :)