[Official] Forza Motorsports 2 Discussion

On the subject of the AI, I've seen crashes too. Nothing major so far tho, just wall clips or gravel trap entries.

I've also seen what seems like rivalries building up; cars rubbing against each other, trying to force mistakes, running an opponent wide, brake checking etc. Almost put me off overtaking two cars as they were driving agressively towards one another and I was concentrating on them and not the road ahead!

why am i not getting this kind of behavior? is this on medium setting? all i have is them driving in a straight line right on top of each othe. they do brake tho!

I've had no issues with them catching up too quickly on Medium. I think the AI is pretty darn good. I've had them back off when I take the line and I've actually seen it make mistakes (crashes) that helped me win an otherwise tight race

I've seen that two, and also two AI cars tangle with each other and both crash leaving a huge cloud of dust as I eventually shot past rather shocked. I'm also on medium and don't see anything odd about the ai. As long as they back off when I outbreak them and take the racing line I'm fine.

maybe i need to try it on hard setting then. oh there's nothing odd about the AI, quite ordinary for racing games. what is unique and impressive is that they can crash and hustle for positioning, but just my luck that i haven't noticed any of that yet.

here is my homer car. doing a bit more work on it tonight cuz his neck is too long n shoulders ain wide enuff. then gunna put simpsons logo on sides, mod it up and sell it :p

homer.jpg

took 3hours so far, my 1st serious atytempt

my neowin car;

neowin.jpg

neowin2.jpg

if anyone's interested, send me a car you want the design on and I'll gift you that same car back with the design.

patience my friend lol. took 3hours and about 320 layers to make homer :p

Oh, lol. I don't have the patience or talent for that kinda thing :p Kudos to those that have tho

lol its suprising ly esy, just take your time. to draw homer i found a step by step guide on the web and followed that. just gotta do alot of resizing shapes. that was my 1st proper attempt.

my neowin car;

if anyone's interested, send me a car you want the design on and I'll gift you that same car back with the design.

Oh man I would love to get that design, once my Xbox is returned, will get you a car :D. Got Forza 2 waiting to be played, but no xbox :(

So the Chevy Corvette challenge is going to be the death of me. I have a 956 PI Corvette and I can't race it at all. Every time I accelerate, I simply do peel outs before spinning into a wall and coming out of turns, it's impossible to accelerate without swerving helplessly side to side.

Anyone else noticed laggy menu screens?? They seemed to stall for up to 5 seconds for me at times. But playing forza tonight, suddenly the laser (I assume) started making aggressive noises. So saved the game and took out the disk. 3 rings heavily scratched into my forza disk... :no:

I had thought I had problems with disk scratching before because of disk unreadable errors. But there was never any sign of such hostile treatment of the disk from the 360.

Bills going to hear about this in the morning :angry:

sorry your having this issue acies.

bangbang, that's more example of their anti-Detroit bias! i'm telling you, the American cars here are beasts to handle, no matter the mods or ratings. but it's all good.

i'm glad there's such a vibrant community of gamers doing up their cars, trading, auctioning...this is really nice.

bangbang, that's more example of their anti-Detroit bias! i'm telling you, the American cars here are beasts to handle, no matter the mods or ratings. but it's all good.

Not sure about that. Just did the Amateur Races v10 circuit and my Viper (won previously) handled better than any car I've driven in the game.

perhaps i need to use more cars then. but the ones i've driven, like the Shelby and Chevelle SS were tough to keep in a straight line. maybe it's just the pony cars this game doesn't like. The Cobalt SS is one of the easier to handle, i must admit.

btw the cars you get for career races, are those all the same for everyone or random?

perhaps i need to use more cars then. but the ones i've driven, like the Shelby and Chevelle SS were tough to keep in a straight line. maybe it's just the pony cars this game doesn't like. The Cobalt SS is one of the easier to handle, i must admit.

btw the cars you get for career races, are those all the same for everyone or random?

Pretty sure it is the same for everyone, but of course does depend on what region you choose to begin with. But my brother in law came over on Sunday, hooked one of my cars up but I honestly was lost after awhile, but BOT he literally knew what cars I had before seeing them just because he saw what events I had completed in my career. I am pretty sure I saw in a guide to that it lists exactly what cars you get for what events, so yep, same for everyone I am 98% sure.