Apple Safari to be released for the Windows Platform!

can anyone that has it post a screenshot of how it looks with some page open?

people are saying that the font hinting was iffy... i'm curious :p

lol, how many windows users use an alternative browser anyways?

and how many firefox users actually keep their firefox up to date? (most i see are still on 1.5)

good luck steve jobs, you won't get very far.

although i like the fast speeds of your servers.

seems rather slow at loading pages for me :(

Ditto. And as mentioned the interface is slow just like iTunes/Quicktime (well a bit quicker than those two I think but still).

Okay I'm not shocked anymore. I guess poor performance was expected. Also like how it doesn't actually have a Vista and XP version, it's just one download.

It does seem to render pages very fast.

HOWEVER the clunky design with horrible tiny mac minmaxclose buttons doesnt do it for me.

ALSO you cant right click on most things...wtf no thx.

im giving this a go!

remember people its only an early beta= f** load of bugs....so be patient

if this turn out to be decent...im gonna scrap my 2nd best browser (Opera) and use it along side my firefox.....INVINSIBLE?...haha..not quite...im waiting for a Safari show off....

lets just hope.....

Thank you Alvi 84 and PaulCabby :)

and to everyone that's complained that the font rendering looks iffy, it's because it's using OS X's font rendering :| i personally think it looks gorgeous :)

im giving this a go!

remember people its only an early beta= f** load of bugs....so be patient

if this turn out to be decent...im gonna scrap my 2nd best browser (Opera) and use it along side my firefox.....INVINSIBLE?...haha..not quite...im waiting for a Safari show off....

lets just hope.....

Apple has you. For free no less.

Errm. Uses 80mb of ram compared to 46mb of Firefox (both on the same page) :/

Haha, yeah, as I type this in Firefox with.... 10 tabs open, Firefox is using 64 MB of RAM.

Safari in the background just started up and is just sitting on the start page is weighing in at 74 MB.

Safari is definitely looking like a flop. That's unfortunate because it has Apple's oh so beautiful text rendering. :cry:

Ummm where is my Ctrl+Enter and Shift+Enter. That is necessary. Hell even IE has Ctrl+Enter. Add that functionality and I'll try it again.