Apple Safari to be released for the Windows Platform!

Won't even install for me. Says there's a problem with the package, but I redownloaded and even tried the Quicktime bundled one. My guess is they don't support 64-bit Vista?

The Windows Version seems different.. I don't know why it just doesn't fit in right with Windows.

It seems to give me a second lag when i maximize and minimize windows

Rendering is very fast the text looks great (I am guessing it installed an Apple font), It would be allot faster if I was uncapped - 64k right now :(

It has an option to add Stylesheets!! - Excellent now I can do Wonders with webpages!

It grabs links in firefox, that is pretty smart if you ask me.

It comes with spellcheck :D

It comes with the Apple style preferences!

I love this browser, its great sure its still at beta stage but I love it. If only you can tweak the interface.. if so I would make the switch instantly!

Well can you tell my why the only site that's rendered properly is the Apple site? Neowin: errors, Gmail: errors, ...

Eww, its slow like the typical sort of ported interface you get from Apple. And its fugly. Its like a grey box with the internet in it, as one of my co-workers said.

Well can you tell my why the only site that's rendered properly is the Apple site? Neowin: errors, Gmail: errors, ...

same !

Ummm where is my Ctrl+Enter and Shift+Enter. That is necessary. Hell even IE has Ctrl+Enter. Add that functionality and I'll try it again.

Yeah, honestly, these are the key features that will determine if I will use a browse or not. I've gotten so used to them that I absolutely cannot live without them anymore. Without the ability to add your own keyboard shortcuts, or to just add these, I'll never end up using this browser.

My thoughs:

-Skin don't fit in Windows and seems to be not skinable

-Feels like a Firefox clone to me with Apple trademark of limited personification.

-Slow UI in Windows

It seems that anyone thing similar.

Well, if Safari own in MACOSX it don't in Windows.

But for users that share Mac and PC in their life will be happy to have the same browser in both.

Just downloaded Safari. The font doesn't look too good compared to IE7. It does load Neowin faster than IE7 on some occasion, which is good enough for me, as Neowin is the slowest site I visit (no offence, guys).

It's just a big mess... Back to IE7! NOT A SINGLE PAGE renders properly.. It's terrible.. Youtube suddenly hides all links and Video Titles and Usernames, neowin also hides all usernames.. If only someone could pass me the font that's used..

Well I think Safari 3 beta is my new browser on Mac. I can't try it on Vista till later tonight but if it's like everyone else it sounds there is a decent amount of bugs. I really could care less that it uses more ram if it's faster, Mac laptop has 1GB and my Vista PC has 2GB. I'm probably getting another computer in 2-4 months and it will probably have 4GB of ram.

Anyways still need to try it on Windows but looking great on Mac :)

Its a beta so give it time.

Does this mean that Windows users can write iPhone apps?

I really hesitate to call those glorified Widgets apps.

Posting this within Safari and Vista, it feels so different that it doesn't fit in with Windows at all. The color scheme is match Windows and it feels much different. They should change the skin more and colors, work on the buttons and other things as well.

It's alright, but there's still not enough features (ie extensions) to switch me from Firefox. Better than IE7 to me though, by far.

Font smoothing looks blurry on all setting, medium is the best but when compared to FF or IE7 its pretty bad. Hardly any rendering bugs for me but the UI is slow and looks out of place. Sidescrolling from my trackpad isn't working either.

PLUS, like iTunes it doesn't support minimize animations in Vista or drop shadows (done on purpose?)...how do you go about making an app this borked. I guess that's why they call it BETA

The theme blends... if your using the Black/Orange XP Zune theme free from Microsoft.

If you go to Window -> Plugins pulls up a the installed browser plugins looks like the old netscape plugin as well using netscape based plugins. (Pre-Firefox plugin system)