[Foobar] Foo AvA by dawxxx666

Just installed Winamp, and it's flying along. Any ideas why the performance is so poor? I'd really like to give it a chance.

Weird question... Do you have a "D:\" drive?

Other PC, other performance :)

@marceliszpak. I don't know what it depends on, some components need c++ runtime libraries (download) and processor compatible with SSE instructions, maybe this is a problem.

Thanks for an advice, but this is not resolving my problem (I have installed c++ runtime libraries and processor is compatible with SSE instructions)...

performance seems good for me, jumping from 6 to 10 % sometimes. it can jump to +20 if I use the lyrics show plugin, but man is that plugin cool! memory is around 20MB.

PC:

Athlon64 3700+

GeForce 6800GT

1GB DDR400

300GB HD.

Windows Vista Ultimate

I love this:

ava02ld7.jpg

The Cub.. and everyone else who has lag probs,

The reason that I asked whether if you have a D:\ drive is because the "$setpvar(artistFolderPath" is now set to a D:\ drive path.

That means if you don't have a D: drive, it could lag for you.

Just set the path to a folder where you keep your artist art, or if you don't use artist art at all (like me,) just set the D:\ to an existing drive like c:\ and foobar should run more smoothly.

(If that didn't solve your lag probs, then there must be something else that's causing it)

i will be using this view a hell of a lot, awesome :D

Foo_AVA_1_03_Mini_Mode_by_cl0ck.jpg

I like this view too.

And I also liked the use of the album art component (for randomizing multiple album art sources), so I changed it.

Just RMB>settings... and replace..

$imageabs2(83,83,,,,,3,7,$getpvar(myCoverPath),NOKEEPASPECT)

with

$panel(Album,Album Art,3,7,$sub(83),$sub(83),)

-note that you'll have to set the settings for Album Art again (separate settings for each panel) if you changed something like the sources in the regular player mode.

Also, I would like the song's info text to be aligned, rather than hugging that CD image.

I'll figure out the code for alignment later when I have time... unless someone beats me to it :D

Hello again,

I'm getting mad with the "sort/group by" function !!

I have been cleaning my mp3 folders on my hard-drive so that the mp3 files have correct properties recognized by foobar (artist/album/date and so on).

But still... I am not able to have the sorting/grouping as presented by xan K in his last post (above).

To illustrate my problem here is a simple example with one artist and several albums:

post-230996-1182550921_thumb.jpg

Any coments please?

Edited by bzhSlap

Also, I would like the song's info text to be aligned, rather than hugging that CD image.

I'll figure out the code for alignment later when I have time... unless someone beats me to it :D

You will just have to change 5 rows that look like this:

$font($get(fontAVA),$get(fontAVAsize),uppercase glow-$ifequal($getpvar(blue),1,0-200-255,200-50-50) glowexpand- glowalpha-120,$ifequal($getpvar(blue),1,0-200-255,255-50-50)) 
$alignabs($ifequal(%date%,?,$get(xoffset),$eval($get(xoffset)+5)),9,$eval(%_width% - $get(xoffset) - 5),14,left,middle) 
%album artist%

The "+5" part is what you need to change (second row almost in the middle if you can't find it), that value differs depending on where the track info is located. Change that value to "+10" or something (same value for all of them. You can obviously choose another value than +10 too, but almost anything below +10 will make the text disappear), the first four paragraphs that look like the one in the codebox are easy to find, they're almost at the top, all of them next to each other (but make sure you're editing the correct ones), the last one is for the playback time and track length, that one is located in the // PerSecond section.

Right-click on the mini-player and select Settings to find all of the above.

@bzhSlap: maybe you're not fully tagging your files. have you tried a tagging application like MP3Tag? The same thing happened to me once. Windows Media Player mis-tagged all my music files.

one question: is there a way to enable mouse-scrolling on the lyrics panel?

Just installed Winamp, and it's flying along. Any ideas why the performance is so poor? I'd really like to give

it a chance.

It doesn't seem as a resource hog but...well, running without transparency it takes about 35mb as much, transparency ON it rise up to 45, not more (not idle mode, idled it runs with 10mb)...looks like performance leak aren't directly asociated with trans-mode; in other hand i've noticed that when i turn on WSH panel (both options: seekbar - volume) it hugs suddenly an amount of 20mb up...weird huh?

:blink: dunno if its just me or WSH panel need that amount of ram to run.

BTW: Normal performance on CPU (not overloaded) Runs smooth as silk

Cheers

P.D: I continue waiting for the white Theme

Foo_AVA_1_03b_Mini_Mode_by_cl0ck.jpg

i set the offset to +7

edit: i'd love a transparent spectrum analyser, it would sit in the bottom right corner lovely :)

Edited by khz

Excellent config,few things i've found that i think should be changed.

In the mini player,even with ratings turned off,they still show.

and

In the mini player, even with the show cds/vinyls turned off,they still show

Apart from that,i love it!

from mini player settings, comment out this section from the bottom

// Rating
$alignabs($sub(%_width%,30),30,$sub($get(rating_w),6),13,left,top)
$font($get(fontrating),6,bold,$ifequal($getpvar(blue),1,0-200-255,255-50-50))$repeat('|',%rating%)
$font($get(fontrating),6,bold,150-150-150)$repeat('|',$sub(5,%rating%))

from second line down remove

$ifequal(%date%,?,,
$ifgreater(%date%,1981,
$imageabs2(121,87,,,,,1,3,images\fooAVA\case.png,nokeepaspect),
$imageabs2(121,87,,,,,1,3,images\fooAVA\case.png,nokeepaspect)))

I'm not sure (XP user) but try to insert this in code:

$glass(0,0,%_width%,%_height%)

Sorry,im new to foobar etc.Where abouts would i enter that to test it?

I did some tweaks, mainly to the info below album art. Changed font size, changed some colors and added some playcount info.

one question: is there a way to enable mouse-scrolling on the lyrics panel?

Yes, check out this post:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=55691

and

Apart from that,i love it!

Fixed, I'll upload proper version soon

:D Love the config,finally got it looking exactly how I wanted it. Now i'm just waiting for the peakmeter to support the transparent theme,and it'll be perfect :D

post-55437-1182621558_thumb.jpg

Anyone able to give a full pack download of this? Really cant be fuzzed to download all the bits.

@forster

LOL, my config has only 2 parts:D If you thought about pack with all components - I can't redistribute them without author's permission

wow transparency looks nice. I didnt try it because dawx has in print it is unstable.. hehe

Quick playlist question:

I have my foobar set to Add Directory > My Music. Is there a way to have it autoupdate to show new items I add to that directory without having to mainly put them in everytime?

also where can I find a download link for WSH Panels ? The link in dawxxx original post does not work anymore