Does Red Bull really work?

Tristan

I have a math final tomorrow at 4pm and I need to stay up all night studying (maybe get 3-4 hrs sleep). Does red bull or any other energy really help in keeping you awake? Does it do more harm than good?

btw, I never tried any energy drinks or coffee drinks.

EchoNoise

Red Bull + Wild Turkey shots :)

paulj87

Yeah definitely. I find that they are pretty effective in the purpose you would need them for. Certainly keeps me up for a bit longer, thats for sure. Coffee would be just as effective.

it really depends on u. if u are really really sleepy, no matter how much u drink also no use...

Shof

have a good meal before the exam and that should make you feel more awake then drinking

Damo R.

I always found red bull to be great for waking me up but not keeping me awake...if I am tired nothing will help...

j.r.l.
I always found red bull to be great for waking me up but not keeping me awake...if I am tired nothing will help...
Agreed. However, coffee takes care of both situations ;)
Glorious

Yeah, I agree with Rappy. Same for Pro Plus. I'll get a bit of a lift from it but it won't last.

APH-Alex

Redbull keeps me awake, but everything is a blur and I can't think right.. but maybe that's just weed. Anyways, then I just fall asleep and wake up all confused.

Sammyinnit

Dont drink one before you go to sleep. You wake up feeling like you've not been to bed.

Have one before you go into the exam, if you really feel the need.

southside
Redbull keeps me awake, but everything is a blur and I can't think right.. but maybe that's just weed. Anyways, then I just fall asleep and wake up all confused.

Thats mary jane my friend :p

blade1269

hey,

Horrbile effects on you body....if you in to any kind of fitness stay away....

beardedwonder

Red Bull, Peanut M&Ms and Pro Plus (not sure if you can get Pro Plus in the US [caffeine tablets]).

N.B. I take no responsibility for any effects of this :D

Damo R.

Theres some stuff over here in UK actually called Rocket Fuel I hear thats good...

Mathachew

It did nothing for me. I had to take two in a row just to get a small nudge. I never drink coffee or anything like that, I make it all on pure adrenaline.

vip

They do work for me, but at the end I just crash, get very tired ...

cold14

I would suggest a good night sleep. Only learn what you need to. Usually with maths test, the revision and practice material is harder than the actual tests so don't bother learning things in too much depth. Skim over concepts but don't linger and don't learn any formulae which are not needed or are given to you.

Good luck.

giga

Red Bull tastes like junk. I prefer Rockstar juice myself.

Sammyinnit
Red Bull tastes like junk. I prefer Rockstar juice myself.

Sweat? :rofl:

I think Redbull + Vodka is a very nice mixer.

Sammyinnit
That stuff just looks really bad for you :laugh:

One sip and your bouncing off walls...

It's on the to-do list.

Damo R.
Sweat? :rofl:

I think Redbull + Vodka is a very nice mixer.

When I went to Turkey I lived off Vodka/Redbull...that was the stuff nights were made of :D

revvo

1 Redbull doesn't do anything to me, and on top of that I don't like the taste, too much sugar.

This is the stuff that boosts me, but those XXL cans are way too big :D

monstercans.jpg