Does Red Bull really work?

drink water when studying... caffine just makes you forget everything, where water stimulates the brain to retain more.

Worked for me.

Also they do work to restore awakeness.. but I don't recommend them for studying or before an exam unless you really know the material.. They are better to take when your driving a long trip where its boring and monodrone noises can put you to rest - which is quite unsafe.

lol, and your point with that? :)

"itz like cat food omg?" :)

lol, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurine
In recent years, taurine has become a common ingredient in energy drinks. Taurine is not an "upper" and has no known stimulatory effect on the body. It is unclear why taurine is added to energy drinks but the inhibitory effect on neurotransmission might reduce the jittery effect of high caffeine dosages.
So it's not "that" useful for us. but it's Vital for a cat. So I just loled at the fact that Energy drinks should be given to cats when I posted my post. I wonder if any idiots gived that to cats in the past. My cats are freaky and run/jump anywhere so... a Cat with energy drink....

Its good just studying for 2 hours, then getting a full sleep instead of staying up all night. Eat a full bowl of oatmeal for breakfast with toast and drink some milk. Then right before the test, review what you studied and take a picture of your test in your head, then take the test, and you still have the picture of the test in your mine. Its a lot easier that way! Plus those energy drinks aren't good for you, its like living on Tylenol, that stuff hurts your liver. Well those energy drinks effect you in a negitive way by forcing your mine to stay on when it should be sleeping. Robots need to charge their battery, if they were like us, they would feel they needed to charge their battery days before it really needed to, now if we live on energy drinks and don't sleep for days, your brain might die, and I don't think its like a battery and can take a 24 hour charge and be back online. Please don't use energy drinks, they are unhealthy for you, too unhealthy, they keep you up and your brain crashes on you, you could even get an illusion and put something wrong on the test, thats why we need sleep. :yes:

LOL This conversation has really escalated :laugh:

Red Bull gives you wings :D....tho it doesn't do much for me :unsure:

Its good just studying for 2 hours, then getting a full sleep instead of staying up all night. Eat a full bowl of oatmeal for breakfast with toast and drink some milk. Then right before the test, review what you studied and take a picture of your test in your head, then take the test, and you still have the picture of the test in your mine. Its a lot easier that way! Plus those energy drinks aren't good for you, its like living on Tylenol, that stuff hurts your liver. Well those energy drinks effect you in a negitive way by forcing your mine to stay on when it should be sleeping. Robots need to charge their battery, if they were like us, they would feel they needed to charge their battery days before it really needed to, now if we live on energy drinks and don't sleep for days, your brain might die, and I don't think its like a battery and can take a 24 hour charge and be back online. Please don't use energy drinks, they are unhealthy for you, too unhealthy, they keep you up and your brain crashes on you, you could even get an illusion and put something wrong on the test, thats why we need sleep. :yes:

More opinions under the guise of a fact.

Caffeine hurts your liver?!?! Are you kidding me?

Energy drinks = brain death. Are you frickin kidding me?!?!?

Are any other mature members laughing like I am?

I would suggest a good night sleep.

QFT

IMO, its better to do say 2-3 hours of revision beforehand, and get say 8 hours sleep, than it is to do more revision and only have a few hours sleep

I hate to say it but I personally know a person who has become epileptic because of Red Bull. He is thinking of suing.

Also, my wife's aunt works for an energy drink company she won't name and tells everyone to stay away from energy drinks because of what's in them. Apparently the can's have a special lining because they'll eat through the aluminum without it.

[Opinion Alert]Of course, none of them actually taste good[End Alert]

I do have an affinity for Vault, although that's not exactly what I'd call a real energy drink.

I hate to say it but I personally know a person who has become epileptic because of Red Bull. He is thinking of suing.

Also, my wife's aunt works for an energy drink company she won't name and tells everyone to stay away from energy drinks because of what's in them. Apparently the can's have a special lining because they'll eat through the aluminum without it.

[Opinion Alert]Of course, none of them actually taste good[End Alert]

I do have an affinity for Vault, although that's not exactly what I'd call a real energy drink.

Really? Well, maybe he became epileptic after taking redbull but had other health issues which, in combination with the redbull made him what he is. I'm not defending redbull, I'm just saying before playing the America game of sueing ppl's pants off, do more research. If Redbull was the only thing that contributed to the epilepsy, then other people must have had it too.

They're safe to drink, just don't mix them with Vodka. Although it may be cool to do, it's not a safe combo. Health Canada advises against it.

They're safe to drink, just don't mix them with Vodka. Although it may be cool to do, it's not a safe combo. Health Canada advises against it.

Thats my favourite drink :unsure:

I used to love Red Bull but I found that Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey bars give me a much more noticeable and sustainable boost of energy in the morning.

I :heart: Redbull + Vodka

Same here!

I once heard some silly rumours about it having the same effect on you as heroin! :unsure:

I doubt it's bad for you unless you drink it all night and overload yourself with alcohol and caffeine. That can't be a good combo in large amounts.

:)

Sadly the places i go to notice that this is a very common drink and jack up the prices big time

Same here!

I once heard some silly rumours about it having the same effect on you as heroin! :unsure:

I doubt it's bad for you unless you drink it all night and overload yourself with alcohol and caffeine. That can't be a good combo in large amounts.

In Canada (in Vancouver where I live at least) it is illegal for clubs to sell voda+redbull drinks together that is why they have that tub out there separtely where you can buy your own redbull then mix it in to your vodka.

The reason they do this is because mixing the two is dangerous. No it isn't like heroin but the problem lies in the fact when you overdrink you pass out, when you mix lots of red bull (have a lot of these drinks not just two, but several) what happens is that ability to pass out is gone. This causes the person drinking to be able to drink themselves dead literally from alcohol poisoning. That is the danger of mixing the two; therefore if you are gonna mix the two don't be doing it too much a few drinks is fine but don't get carried away.

Really? Well, maybe he became epileptic after taking redbull but had other health issues which, in combination with the redbull made him what he is. I'm not defending redbull, I'm just saying before playing the America game of sueing ppl's pants off, do more research. If Redbull was the only thing that contributed to the epilepsy, then other people must have had it too.

He probably had epliepsy well before drinking the redbull. The caffeine, taurine and other things can trigger off a seizure if you have epiliepsy already (or come close to it) if you consume in a high enough quantity. That's one reason I'm sensitive to caffeine its a trigger but not a cause.

To an earlier post in reply to me, I was hardly trolling. I was stating my own opinion, experince AND giving some healty advice. I've nothing against Red Bull or Coffee (prefer coffee 'cause its cheaper). Redbull tastes good, but just getting yourself 'high' or more alert does not suddenly make you a better student or make you better at studying. I had a huge workload in the last 4 months. I tried Caffeine and if you don't think exercise is a good alternative, fine, but also realize that it doesn't necessarily make you a better student or increase your grades. There are better ways to study. At least, I can say it didn't work for me and it probably won't work for everyone.

Damn you over react like my mother! No idiot, I meant if you use it like your addicted to it, coffee is just normal, its a drink I have sometimes in the morning because its nice to have on the deck on a peaceful nothing to do sunny morning! But energy drinks are designed to force you to stay up, taking too many could cause addiction which can lead to death with the brain.

I used to love Red Bull but I found that Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey bars give me a much more noticeable and sustainable boost of energy in the morning.

Now see that is food for body builders who have a busy life, instead of hurting their body and forcing it to stay up, they start the day off with a breakfast bar full with nutrition, see the human body needs sleep, and unlike a machine or a robot, it would just need a charge, we need a good night's sleep which energizes the brain and cools it down, we also need food to think. Just like a computer, you need an HDD to store the OS on, but a CPU to process it all, your good night's sleep is compared to the HDD and the food to make you healthy and smart compared to a CPU. ;)

Damn you over react like my mother! No idiot, I meant if you use it like your addicted to it, coffee is just normal, its a drink I have sometimes in the morning because its nice to have on the deck on a peaceful nothing to do sunny morning! But energy drinks are designed to force you to stay up, taking too many could cause addiction which can lead to death with the brain.

Thanks for the insult. It really helps your argument.

Do you understand what the primary constituent of energy drinks is? Do you understand what is in coffee? It sure doesn't seem that way.

I consume far more caffeine from coffee than I would if I had consumed two or three 8 oz cans of Red Bull. I'm still alive and kicking with no adverse health effects.

The metaphors and similies that you seem to enjoy using are just hilarious.

What exactly is "death with the brain?" Again, I consume way more caffeine than what you'd find in a large energy drink but I still manage to hold down a job and manage a family and home. No brain death here.

Redbull tastes good, but just getting yourself 'high' or more alert does not suddenly make you a better student or make you better at studying.

O RLY? Isn't one of the primary effects of caffeine increased mental alertness, focus and concentration? Granted, you're not to magically gain study skills if you don't have them already but please realize the #1 reason people consume this stuff.

Effects of breakfast and caffeine on performance and mood in the late morning and after lunch. Smith AP, Kendrick AM, Maben AL. Neuropsychobiology. 1992;26(4):198-204.

Health Psychology Research Unit, School of Psychology, University of Wales College of Cardiff, UK.

The aim of the present study was to examine the effects of breakfast and caffeine on performance, mood and cardiovascular functioning in the late morning and after lunch. Forty-eight subjects were tested at 07.45 and subjects then assigned to one of the four conditions formed by combining caffeine and breakfast conditions. Subjects in the caffeine condition were given a dose of 4 mg/kg, the caffeine manipulation being double blind. At 11.15 subjects were given another coffee (subjects remained in the same caffeine condition) and had lunch at 12.30. Performance was examined prior to lunch (11.30) and after lunch (14.00). Effects of breakfast on recognition memory (lower false alarm rate) and logical reasoning (reduced accuracy) were found in the late morning but not after lunch. However, a semantic processing task was performed more slowly by the breakfast group after lunch. Caffeine improved performance on a sustained attention task, the logical reasoning task and semantic memory task. Subjects given caffeine also reported greater alertness and feelings of well-being, whereas the effects of breakfast on mood changed from the late morning to early afternoon. Few interactions between breakfast and caffeine conditions were obtained.

Source: http://coffeescience.org/alert <-- There's a whole page of studies of the beneficial effects of caffeine on memory and retention

OMG! Quoting and linking to a source that backs up my argument!!! I better get banned because that's like totally not allowed here!