Why Why Why

well... from what i've seen we're here to cause as much damage as possible to the earth before it slams into the sun in 500billion years. I think we're doin a pretty damn good job too :ermm:

Originally posted by pilz

well... from what i've seen we're here to cause as much damage as possible to the earth before it slams into the sun in 500billion years. I think we're doin a pretty damn good job too :ermm:

actually... the sun will explode into a red giant engulfing the first 4 planets, including Earth before that :p

But... here's the real reason:

Humans are a mutation on this planet caused by radiation from an alien being who landed on this planet some 100 million years ago.

If you think about this... it could very well be true... everything in nature balences itself out. There's no polution, plants clean the water, beavers build dams therefor stopping floods. Bees help flowers multiply, trees grow fruit so annimals will carry them somewhere, it them and either discard the seeds or.. have them come out the other end, and thus casuing the seeds to grow some place away from the tree. The list goes on and on...

However, humans on the other hand, is the one thing that unbalences nature. We cause polution, destruction, and devistation. In a sence we are nature's number one enemy.

What about God? I don't think there is a God, the idea is cool though, a great creator and his son is a messias and all of that, isn't there a movie created about this?

Could be a great one ;)

ye right....your God.

I was just thinking that if there are 1 billion muslims (all believing in a Supreme Creator ) 3 billions Christians (all believing in a Supreme Creator ), whatever howmany other religions (all believing in a Supreme Creator ), which probably leave a hand full of "Athiests", "Non believers".

Was the 99% majority of this world fooled & if so by who?

Who came up with the concept?

Adam??

Why is it such strong concept?

Why is everything so PERFECT. ? (I mean nature).

If man created anything (proven) it NEVER lasts or ALWAYS has flaws?

Look at our own bodies? Perfect machines with only food & water reaaly needed to run.?

If it was all EVOLUTION (cant we predicted the next species of EVOLUTION). or is there none. (Maybe thats why crap like ALIENS were created by MAN.

hmmmm......

maybe WE, humans as a race, created 'god' as not to feel so alone in this 'place'. blind faith....or common misconception like the tooth fairy and santa? maybe 'god' was created to give purpose to evolution.

I believe that society has created gods out of pure arrogance and presumption. Ppl think that just because we have a sense of reason, and the ability to think logically that there must be a reason behind all of it. I no longer have any faith, but at one time was a christian. Frankly there is nothing that seperates up from plants and animals, example: all living things have the same life cycle - birth, eat, sleep, f**k, reproduce and die. Just because ppl can reason and think, we have created gods to explain what we don't want to believe, that all life is basically really has no greater meaning (so we create meaning because of our arrogance), and we are no more important than an insect, animal, or plant.....my 2 bits

maybe god is nothing more then an alien himself? and our dna provides instructions on how to learn this. oh wait... wasn't that an episode of star trek?

Originally posted by shardie

ye right....your God.

I was just thinking that if there are 1 billion muslims (all believing in a Supreme Creator ) 3 billions Christians (all believing in a Supreme Creator ), whatever howmany other religions (all believing in a Supreme Creator ), which probably leave a hand full of "Athiests", "Non believers"....

I think that humans have the need to try and have an answer to all their questions. but sometimes we just dont know the answer. so we come up with something based on observation. usually its something very simple, such as a supreme being. these theories never have any empirical evidence whatsoever. and nature isnt perfect. organisims die out everyday, as natural selection takes its course. hehe some of the other stuff you said was just darn funny. its been shown that all life on planet earth has the same base genetic structure. and i really dont know how you can say the human body is PERFECT. thats just a joke. how many people's hearts just give out on them. how many errors during rna copying lead to mutations and genetic defects. (of course these things are supposed to happen) but we are by no means perfect. you need to reevaluate your ideas.

It's probably not a good idea to listen to anyone who can claim any idea at all without any thoughts behind it. (This means don't listen to those who say "there is no god" without any reasoning and those who say there is without any reasoning.)

This is, by definition, an answer that cannot be proven either way. The only way I can suggest is to see if you feel God (or the gods I guess) work in your life. If so, there's a reason to believe. If not, there's a reason not to. There is no way for me to tell you why you are here, that's something you have to figure out between you and God (presuming he exists. And presuming you exist too, you might just be a figment of my imagination...)

Ziktar

BTW, why is this in the "Babes, Jokes & Poems" topic. I don't see any pics of babes, no funny stuff, and thankfully no poetry...

we used to be "blobs" of crud that lived in the ocean until eventually through a series of "chance mutations", we became what we are now.

p.s - do the voices inside my head bother anyone?

:alien:

People who truly believe in themselves and trust their instincts can better tell you if God is real. I don't need to hear it from someone who *needs* to believe in something.

I am un-decided about alot of things, but going into it here would be grossly off topic.

Lets just leave it with the thought that if God "was" why does God allow the self-desctruction of man and his beautiful planet?

Thats the only question (among others) that really bothers me.

Originally posted by Neobond

Lets just leave it with the thought that if God "was" why does God allow the self-desctruction of man and his beautiful planet?

Well, acording to my extreamly devoted christian friend (who I also consider a close friend), She says because god gave humans free will and to make our own choices. That means, weither good or bad, we are virtually on our own.

But think about this... Maybe he's also not interfering because he knows that eventually we will grow beyond our violent and destructive ways. Look at things now... It's slowly happening.. Polution laws, recycling laws.. and various programs to help the less fortunate others, although I do admit we could do much more.

There probably will be a time where crime is virtually non-existant, where there is no racism, no hatrid, no wars, no poverty, no hunger, ect..

But that time is far beyond our life time unfortunately, but we are all part of the here and now... We can make choices that will have adverse effects in the far future... It's already starting to happen...

Here in the US most of the new generation, like myself, is not even nearly as racist as our previous generations. I'm sorry if that offends some people, but it is the truth... Life on earth is changing everyday.

There will be some large hurtles to over come, as the recent events in the US have proven, but maybe they are there to help us learn, to help us prevent such things from ever happening again.

Things will change, hopefully for the better in the end.. but like I said before, it will be quite some time.

Well.. that's all for my morning lecture class, you are all dismissed, feel free to leave your "constructive" critism and comments here. :)

What will happen if every one on Earth stop believing on their God? What will happen when suddenly the word "sin" was taken away and you do not have to feel guilty at yourself after comitted a crime? I don't know about you, but I surely wouldn't want to live in that world. Just my 2 cents :p