Should I buy a Wii?

Should I buy a Wii?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

I want to buy a Wii to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl but I don't know if I should waste my money. I had a PS3 (sold it) and a X360 (Sold it) and I loved them. I just want to know if I should because in a few years the PS3 and X360 will be way superior in graphics and the Will will look like last gen. and the game play might get boring as you will be doing the same thing for all games and thats moving the controller.

What do you guys think I should do, buy it? Or just buy another PS3 or 360?

Well, first of all, I think you're wrong about the Wii gameplay staying the same. Developers are only just getting ideas for how to utilize the Wiimote, plus there will probably be extra extensions and stuff (alternate to the Numchuk, for example), which could make the games more interesting. I'm probably wrong about the new controller thing, but it's possible. Still, the controllers are going to be utilized more and more in the coming months.

But it depends on what you like more: gameplay or graphics. That's what you'll have to decide ;)

I enjoy mine, as for you buying one? I really

couldn't say.

As I said before I enjoy mine and I didn't buy

it for the graphics. I bought it because of the gameplay.

My friend has one and we have too much fun playing it. Wii Games alone, the free game you get with the Wii, is worth the price alone. Bowling is so addictive. Get one, it is fun!

Given your track record you'll probably sell it before brawl comes out. I'd wait until the game comes out before investing in it since their aren't too many wii games worth playing at the moment.

I just want to know if I should because in a few years the PS3 and X360 will be way superior in graphics and the Will will look like last gen. and the game play might get boring as you will be doing the same thing for all games and thats moving the controller.

What do you guys think I should do, buy it? Or just buy another PS3 or 360?

Wait, so whether or not the gameplay is exciting is based solely on having to move the Wii remote? How is that any different than having to mash buttons and move a direction pad/stick like we've doing for decades? As mentioned above, the possibilities for the use of the Wii remote, nunchuck, and any future accessories has barely been breached.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that developers were still pushing the Game Cube graphics further quite recently. While the Wii's graphics aren't overwhelmingly better than its predecessor's, it does offer more room to further push those graphic capabilities. That combined with a variety of control schemes will offer both traditional and more immersive styles of gameplay.

Honestly, I think people are looking at this decision as less, "Should I get a PS3, Wii, or Xbox?" and more, "I've got my Wii, now should I get a PS3 or a XBox?"

I've been playing on a relative's Wii and I've been aching all over for the past few days... it's loads of fun, though better when playing with a few other people. The graphics are pretty naff but the gameplay definitely makes up for it. The X360 and PS3 have great graphics and are more realistic but I prefer the Wii. Only time will tell if it will get better or end up like every other Nintendo console - a few great first party games but very few others.

I don't see what's stopping Microsoft or Sony from creating a Wii Sports clone and bundling it with a Wii-like wireless controller - then they'd have the great interactive gameplay and HD graphics... it would be great. I mean Guitar Hero sells well with the controller and I don't see why a Wii-clone wouldn't be more popular.

Couple of reasons for the Wii.

Manhunt: First murder simulator ever where you have to do all the gestures to kill someone.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The controls are going to make this one.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon: Again, the controls make the game much more interactive and fluid.

Twilight Princess: It was great to get into the game and swing the master sword around. ;)

If you can't see the pattern then I might not be emphasizing my point. I've tried PS3 and X360 after having the Wii since launch date and I got to tell you that I found the controls on those games boring. Plus, due to the controls the games felt tired and just the same stuff rehashed with some sugar coating (read: better graphics).

Personally, I much rather play the Wii and get that strange VR sensation of immersion happening when I'm wrapped up in a game. Like the man stated above, it can only get better and feel more natural in time as programmers find new and innovative ways to use the Wiimote + nunchuk.

My vote is for the Wii.

To be honest, brutally honest, the wii mote doesn't do as much for game play as it is cracked up to. I see it as another controller and a game would be just as fun if it were using a conventional controller without motion sensing (i.e., 360). I really don't get this whole gameplay vs graphics thing you people have going on. Other consoles have gameplay on par with that of the wii, better in some cases (Why do i need to swing the remote to swing my sword?), but really what i'm trying to say is that you should just buy what console has games which appeal to you. And i also don't get you people who *NEED* to have awesome graphics like if a game doesn't look perfect it isn't playable. Go watch some CGI or even look outside to see your good graphics, video games weren't made just to look pretty.

Anyway the main reason i got a wii was zelda, which rocks. If you do get a wii make sure you pick it up. And defineatlye get brawl, especially if you have friends which are also getting it so you can play with them, IMO it's going to be the best multiplayer game to come out this year.

BTW don't get your hopes up on wii sports. It sucks, gets boring after playing each game like once.

But anyway what i'm trying to say is that you shouldn't think of the wii mote as a new fangled device leading to extraordinary gameplay but just another control scheme.

Given your track record you'll probably sell it before brawl comes out. I'd wait until the game comes out before investing in it since their aren't too many wii games worth playing at the moment.

I sold my 360 because no good games. I sold my PS3 because I got like $100 more than I paid for it (my friend could not find one anywhere). I think I might just buy the Wii. I can't find anywhere in my area though. What are the usual days for shipments of the Wii?

I sold my 360 because no good games. I sold my PS3 because I got like $100 more than I paid for it (my friend could not find one anywhere). I think I might just buy the Wii. I can't find anywhere in my area though. What are the usual days for shipments of the Wii?

I've seen the biggest stocks of Wii on Sundays and Thursdays, so those are probably the days they come in.

Sorry to say this, but you may end up selling you Wii because of this. Finding a good game for the Wii is very very difficult.

it's going to be kinda hard finding a Wii.

although recently (the past few weeks), many stores DID get shipments in, because many of them ran Wii -ads, (with a "1 per person limit" disclaimer).

it was hell getting my Wii.

i stood in lines over night, drove all over town, and used online tracking to try and get one.

i finally got one about a week after Christmas (my wife says it was only a day after christmas). i just know it was a lot later than i wanted.

my friend drove all over the city looking for one.

i used this site to find one: http://www.itrackr.com/

best of luck. the Wii has been selling out ever since it came out...!

Well, I called everywhere. They don't know when the next shipment will come in. :(

Question though. If I buy Super Smash Bros. Mele for the gamecube can I play it on the Wii with the Wii Controller.

Well, I called everywhere. They don't know when the next shipment will come in. :(

Question though. If I buy Super Smash Bros. Mele for the gamecube can I play it on the Wii with the Wii Controller.

you need a GC controller

All consoles should be based on gameplay and graphics, however as the Wii's are so **** it has to rely on gameplay. Personally I can't see them finding to many more innovative uses for the motion sensing controller, so I personally wouldn't buy one. When I play my brothers i'm bored senseless after an hour, it's just very dull and repetitive.

and the game play might get boring as you will be doing the same thing for all games and thats moving the controller.

wait, what?! and pressing buttons all day isnt boreing? thats littearly all you do in EVERY game up to the wii...

Nope, Gamecube games need a gamecube controller.

That is retarded IMO. I mean i could see if there aren't enough buttons, but I am certain there are.

Other than that though, if you didn't think the games for 360 were any good, there is no way the wii will last in your home. Honestly. I find as a former hardcore, turned casual gamer that the Wii is good enough for me. I can easily go to any of my friends places and play co-op gears or NHL so there is no reason for me to have a 360. Other than that, I love nintendos 1st party games so there is almost no reason to not have it in my mind.

The good news is if you like sport games, Madden is finally going online with a Nintendo Console. Madden 08 is expected to go online but it will use it's own system, not Nintendos system with Friend Codes which is a plus in my book. :)

That is retarded IMO. I mean i could see if there aren't enough buttons, but I am certain there are.

Other than that though, if you didn't think the games for 360 were any good, there is no way the wii will last in your home. Honestly. I find as a former hardcore, turned casual gamer that the Wii is good enough for me. I can easily go to any of my friends places and play co-op gears or NHL so there is no reason for me to have a 360. Other than that, I love nintendos 1st party games so there is almost no reason to not have it in my mind.

It was when the 360 came out when I sold it. After a couple months of "eh" games I sold it. So, I can play Game cube games on the Classic controller?

No, Gamecube games can only be played on Gamecube Controllers, not the classic controller.