Wimbledon 2007

It's going to be Nadal and Federer again, with Federer having more advantage on grass. I'd be more interested in the competition going on in the Woman Singles though.

I wouldn't put all my money on another Nadal/Federer Final. Nadal has Youzhny in his quarter of the draw (Youzhny has always given Nadal trouble on the faster surfaces) as well as Berdych, two players that have always consistently given Nadal trouble.

As well, if he does make it to the later rounds, theres always 2 time champion Hewitt in his half of the draw as well as the newcomer Djokovic which defeated him in the spring on hard court at the Sony Ericsson Open. With all due respect to Nadal, although he is one of my favourite players, his road to the finals last year was not as "busy" as it is this year. There were many upsets in the earlier rounds last year although his victory against Agassi was promising last year.

As far as Federer goes, I really don't see anyone in his field giving him a tough time on grass, not even Roddick. Time and time again, the media has speculated whether Roddick can actually finally close in on his 1-13 gap win/loss to Federer and time and time again, Federer has tamed Roddick to a mere plain and normal opponent. The only possible person that could pose a risk to him would be Nadal or Hewitt and that doesn't look as likely this year compared to last year.

BTW, great to see a Tennis thread finally! :) my favourite sport. Woot!

am i right in saying that moya was seeded 20th and henman wasnt seeded at all, everyone knows that henman doesnt stand a chance but he might get quite far this year, if he keeps playing good

am i right in saying that moya was seeded 20th and henman wasnt seeded at all, everyone knows that henman doesnt stand a chance but he might get quite far this year, if he keeps playing good

Yeah Moya was 25th its a great win...I really hope Tim gets far this year

This is just stupid now. How hard is it to just put some form of roof over the main courts. It's very anoying that they allow this to happen.

They don't need anything special, just some big posts in the ground somewhere and stretch a roof over, something that looks like the dome.

This is just stupid now. How hard is it to just put some form of roof over the main courts. It's very anoying that they allow this to happen.

They don't need anything special, just some big posts in the ground somewhere and stretch a roof over, something that looks like the dome.

Some info about the new wimbledon roof. If they get round to doing it.

A bit more info here.

How quickly will the roof be able to close?

In about 10 minutes. This compares to the 90 seconds it takes to close the retractable roof over the main court in Halle, Germany.

So players will still have to leave the court if it rains?

Yes. Officials intend to use traditional court covers to protect the grass while the roof slips into place.

So even after the roof has been closed, play will not resume for up to half an hour.

So it is not the end to rain delays at Wimbledon?

No. And it is only Centre Court that is getting a roof, so play on all other courts will still be affected by bad weather.

With 650 matches to be played every championships, there is still the chance that Wimbledon could overrun into a third week.

less then 10 minutes? what they using to power it midgets?

With a modern weather system they should hopefully be able to move the roof in advance so no play stops.

I turned it off when he went 3-0 down...was pathetic he played amazing tennis in 4th set only to fall apart...

Why does Henman always does this? Lose then come back roaring then just fumble it in the last set.

Because he's an awful Tennis player? He has no fight on the court.

I think its gonna be closer this year...

Right you are, Nadal has just won the fourth set 6-2 and now it goes into the 5th.

Yep Federer has a bogey player and thats Nadal even tho Nadal is injured a bit he seems like he will still take Federer in this 5th set...